Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   COMC - Shipping by....Snail. (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=287515)

Marckus99 08-15-2020 09:07 AM

COMC - Shipping by....Snail.

Order placed - 6/19
Expected shipping- 9/21

This, supposedly due to Covid and Armageddon.

But interestingly, they have time to load new images/cards - daily!

Or maybe putting cards into plastic sleeves is a bit more taxing than
I previously thought.

- Mark

robw1959 08-15-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marckus99 (Post 2008635)
Order placed - 6/19
Expected shipping- 9/21

I previously thought.

- Mark

Dang! That is just using COVID as an excuse for poor customer service. I guess my 6-week service from them was pretty speedy by comparison since it took half the time. You can get nice cards at fair prices from them, but be prepared for a long wait.

commishbob 08-15-2020 11:25 AM

I feel guilty for feeling the same way, I understand that there will be delays, but the avalanche of emails they send with auctions, etc. has me a little pissed that my latest requested shipment is scheduled for late October. It's just shy of four months from request. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair, I did get an email from them stating that they are adding staff to catch up.

swarmee 08-15-2020 01:11 PM

Yep. They are absolutely slammed right now.

MCyganik 08-15-2020 01:23 PM

It is a bit of a gouge at the moment for their standard shipping. One of the original appeals of their business model was that the shipping was built in to the buy cost (25 cents per card) and you could send all your cards back for one flat $4 rate.

Now they are jacking the timeline it takes to get those cards via the standard rate, and encouraging people to use the expedited rate, which is 25 cents per card. So essentially you're paying 50 cents per card + the now $5 flat rate.

To be fair I used that rate on about 20 of the most expensive cards I owned on there that I wanted in hand for my PC and they shipped out EARLIER than the expected date which is nice. It was about $10 shipping which I paid with my COMC credit.

But if you have say 1000 cards on there you want shipped for the original standard price... well, good luck!

Rrrlyons 08-15-2020 01:35 PM

Mine is similar requested 6/9 expecting 9/9
Rick

Natswin2019 08-15-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marckus99 (Post 2008635)
Order placed - 6/19
Expected shipping- 9/21

I previously thought.

- Mark

I'm still waiting on my order from 5/1 to be shipped. It was supposed to ship on 8/3 but here we are. I'm going to try to get in contact with them soon. This is ridiculous

Jim65 08-15-2020 01:51 PM

I stopped buying from COMC a while ago, I don't regret it one bit. They are the absolute worst.

brianp-beme 08-15-2020 03:37 PM

COMC - Shipping by....Snail.

I looked it up. Snails move faster when it is warmer, so because it is hot pretty much across the country right now, they can't use this as an excuse for slow shipping.

Brian

commishbob 08-16-2020 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I don't understand...and someone can educate me if I'm missing something obvious.

If I buy a card from them via their site...my delivery time is months down the line. In the case with my latest order, three and a half months.

But if I buy a card from them on eBay the estimated arrival date is August 24, approximately one week.

Attachment 414168

Jim65 08-16-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by commishbob (Post 2009163)
This is what I don't understand...and someone can educate me if I'm missing something obvious.

If I buy a card from them via their site...my delivery time is months down the line. In the case with my latest order, three and a half months.

But if I buy a card from them on eBay the estimated arrival date is August 24, approximately one week.

Attachment 414168

They have to abide by Ebays rules. Plus, they don't have to worry about negative feedback on their site.

commishbob 08-16-2020 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 2009167)
They have to abide by Ebays rules. Plus, they don't have to worry about negative feedback on their site.

eBay has rules? :D

No, that makes sense. Doesn't make me any happier but it makes sense. I guess it comes down to wanting your cards fast and paying the upcharge they build into their eBay prices plus postage on every card or getting them all at once, cheaper, but waiting until the next total eclipse to receive them.

edit: I went back and looked, they do combine shipping on eBay on multiples bought together.

swarmee 08-17-2020 04:24 AM

The other reason it makes sense is that eBay buyers are actually being charged expedited shipping costs for their entire purchase, it's just embedded in the card price instead of being labeled as a shipping price. COMC inflates the price of ebay BINs by 15-20% per card to cover their additional shipping and handling fees, ebay/paypal fees, etc.
So you could get the same fast shipping on COMC's site by selecting the highest priced shipping option and paying the upgrade. That's essentially what the eBay buyers are doing without knowing it.

bnorth 08-17-2020 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 2008729)
I stopped buying from COMC a while ago, I don't regret it one bit. They are the absolute worst.

I haven't completely quit buying from them but darn close.

Their search function sucks, can't even search by newly listed.
Prices have gone from great to are you BLEEPING kidding me.
I like error/variations but their new listing method is a complete sh*t show.

As a funny example just search for 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken. The whole section is a complete sh*t show. In the one of many separate listings for the exact same version you can not search for the most recently added. Then you have the same people that list their cards at 10X everyone else clogging up your search. It is so bad there has to be cards still listed from when COMC opened. Now there is even a print error listed as a separate version.:confused:

ALR-bishop 08-17-2020 07:05 AM

Use them now only for back variants I am looking for since few back scans on eBay. If a card they have that I need can be bought on eBay I buy it there.

But most of the purchases I make from them are not expensive ones and shipping delays don't bother me much.

aconte 08-17-2020 08:34 AM

I stopped buying off their site as well. Too slow.
Same reason I slowed my purchases of Project 2020 cards from Topps.

shagrotn77 08-17-2020 10:00 AM

I placed an order back in June and was given a 3-month estimate for shipping. I get that given the times we're living in, but I twice asked very nicely if I could pay for expedited shipping and got crickets. Since they're able to get their eBay items out in a timely fashion, this should have been possible. If not, at least have the courtesy to send a reply.

Golf History 08-17-2020 09:42 PM

I am also done with COMC.

Everyone is sympathetic when it comes to the pandemic but their actions are inexcusable in my opinion.

If you can continue to sell on eBay you should take care of your actual site customers as well.

Turnaround of one week on eBay but three months on their own site. Shipping charge for the same turnaround on their site...$45.49! Basically holding cards hostage and price gouging.

tjb1952tjb 08-18-2020 01:07 AM

I guess I must be in the minority, or very fortunate. I purchased nine cards at COMC. I paid for the expedited shipping, and received all nine cards in less than a week.

2dueces 08-18-2020 01:16 PM

Every thing I’ve purchased has the Covid disclosures attached.
Just part of the times.

RL 08-18-2020 01:24 PM

awhile back I sold my port and cashed out.

Rrrlyons 09-24-2020 11:43 PM

Update

As stated before asked for shipping on 6/9 and they said 9/9 would be the shipping date. That has come and gone so contacted them a couple days ago thru their email system and I did get a response in four minutes saying sorry it seems to be late and they would talk to the shipping department. Haven’t heard anything since and still not shipped.
Funny thing is I only live 35 miles away from COMC .
Rick

Casey2296 09-24-2020 11:59 PM

Card collectors complaining about turn times in an up market. Sounds like first world problems to me.

swarmee 09-25-2020 04:20 AM

Not really; it's a valid complaint. Buying items and waiting 3-5 months for them to be sent to you is terrible customer service. There are some valid reasons for it (coronavirus, excess demand), but some of it is COMC shooting themselves in the foot.

JollyElm 10-09-2020 03:48 PM

Has there been any improvement lately with this issue?

I have a bunch of cards waiting to be sent, but want to know if it is still taking three months or more to arrive? If so, I'll just hold out for now.

swarmee 10-09-2020 04:03 PM

The three week guaranteed service and better than that seem to be getting done quickly, on or around the due dates, from what I'm seeing. Update: some people are saying theirs are way behind as well.

The three week submissions for "current year" cards are taking double or triple the time they estimate.
Shipping is still pretty backlogged, and it might not be until December until it clears up with all the new people they've hired getting trained and set off to clear the backlog.

commishbob 10-09-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2024335)
Has there been any improvement lately with this issue?

No

cardinalcollector 10-09-2020 05:07 PM

I placed a $700 order with them on 6-4, with an estimated delivery of 9-4. Today is 10-9 with no order and no updated delivery information listed.

bnorth 10-09-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardinalcollector (Post 2024355)
I placed a $700 order with them on 6-4, with an estimated delivery of 9-4. Today is 10-9 with no order and no updated delivery information listed.

^That sucks^

Everyone talks about how eBay has shot itself in the foot. COMC has swallowed a fricken nuclear missile. Between the horrible search engine, beyond horrible listing layout, PIA payment method, and prices that make BINs on eBay seem like the deal of the century I haven't used the site in a long time.

leftygrove10 10-09-2020 06:42 PM

They have been shipping quickly when you buy their cards via eBay. Crazy that they can't ship cards bought through their website that quick.

JollyElm 10-09-2020 07:07 PM

Here's a bit of a twist. I won a card from them on ebay, but paid for it on COMC itself and added it to the group of stuff waiting to be delivered that I purchased on their site. With that ebay auction tie-in, if I ask them to ship my stuff now, will it arrive quickly? (Yes, I realize that question is obviously fantastical. :rolleyes:)

swarmee 10-09-2020 08:02 PM

No, that won't have any affect. Basically since you put it in your COMC account, your card has already been "delivered" per eBay's requirements.

mainemule 10-10-2020 04:46 AM

FWIW, I did have a good customer service experience with them in last 3 weeks but via EBAY. Purchased several oddball Ted Williams items from them and order arrived in 3-4 days. However, order indicated 5 cards shipped but only 4 were in package. I followed up via EBAY messaging that I was short a card, worried that order being tracked as delivered would present a hassle for me. COMC indicated they would look for missing card and then 2-3 days later actually messaged me it had been found and shipped. Glad I did not buy off their site.

jayshum 10-10-2020 03:23 PM

I just purchased a card from them through eBay and received it in under a week.

buymycards 10-10-2020 04:42 PM

No

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2024387)
Here's a bit of a twist. I won a card from them on ebay, but paid for it on COMC itself and added it to the group of stuff waiting to be delivered that I purchased on their site. With that ebay auction tie-in, if I ask them to ship my stuff now, will it arrive quickly? (Yes, I realize that question is obviously fantastical. :rolleyes:)

No

bnorth 10-10-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2024577)
I just purchased a card from them through eBay and received it in under a week.

eBay shipping is good, buying directly from their site is what has the insane shipping times.

bnorth 02-28-2021 07:17 AM

Has anybody had cards shipped to them lately? I am wondering if they still have the insane wait on shipping?

swarmee 02-28-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2074526)
Has anybody had cards shipped to them lately? I am wondering if they still have the insane wait on shipping?

Very hit or miss, but overall they're even worse than they were before they held the Black Friday sale in November. They're taking 2 weeks to get out eBay orders, which used to be like 2 business days.

Bill77 02-28-2021 07:32 PM

I ordered a dozen cards On January 31 and expected shipping date is 5/3/2021.

campyfan39 02-28-2021 08:01 PM

PAID February 14
SHIPPED February 24

As of tracking yesterday its still 3 time zones away form me

swarmee 02-28-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill77 (Post 2074890)
I ordered a dozen cards On January 31 and expected shipping date is 5/3/2021.

How much was the upgrade to Rushed shipping? Only $3 more?

G1911 02-28-2021 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine:

Jay Wolt 03-01-2021 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2074909)

Exactly!
My order from last week would take months if I chose the economy shipping.
For a few $ more, I did the next level & predicted shipping is March 11.
Was still a bargain since I had many slabs in the order.

forceplay sport 03-01-2021 08:36 AM

I know during this USPS was brutal ! But I guess the question really is why continue to buy from them? They will notice if their sales are down, its the ONLY way that this company will understand, that this is unacceptible.

bnorth 03-01-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forceplay sport (Post 2075068)
I know during this USPS was brutal ! But I guess the question really is why continue to buy from them? They will notice if their sales are down, its the ONLY way that this company will understand, that this is unacceptible.

I have almost stopped buying from them. I have had 6 cards sitting in my account for a little over a year. I looked and someone had just listed an extremely rare card. I made a reasonable offer and purchased it.

I opted for the faster shipping option and it still says expected delivery April 3rd.:eek:

philo98 03-01-2021 12:18 PM

I bought a card on COMC on February 12th and the message I received was that the earliest it would ship was March 1st. However, it shipped February 18th and I received it on Feb 22. That was my first card purchase from there.

forceplay sport 03-01-2021 12:24 PM

seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they get customers to pay for expedited delivery.

bnorth 03-01-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forceplay sport (Post 2075191)
seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if this is how they get customers to pay for expedited delivery.

Their shipped is so cheap anyway I would gladly have paid even more to have them sent in a few days like it used to be. Their combined shipping from multiple sellers is really by far the best thing about COMC.

Bill77 03-01-2021 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2074909)

Didn't really look at the rush shipping. Most of the cards I bought were cheap and on sale so I figured I'd grab then before they were gone or off sale. Besides I have enough cards taking vacations with USPS. One even got a free trip to Tampa recently.

JollyElm 10-04-2021 02:25 PM

Seeing if anyone knows whether or not the shipping wait times have improved.

Looking today (October 4), it says my cards would take two months (January 4) to be delivered with standard shipping (I have no interest in paying over $20 to get the order sooner). Were I to request shipment today, is the January 4 date the 'real' date the cards would arrive, or is there a chance my cards would arrive relatively sooner? In other words, is their delivery date a strict, accurate reflection of reality, or do they simply add two months delivery time to every order and it doesn't actually take that long? Does anyone have any actual real world examples (not guesswork) of recent shipping results via standard, non-expedited shipping?