Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Chargers vs Jaguars? Was it a Comeback or a Collapse (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=330317)

mrreality68 01-15-2023 09:08 AM

Chargers vs Jaguars? Was it a Comeback or a Collapse

What was it

Final score 31-30 with Jaguars winning.

Trevor Lawrence throws 4 INT’s and they are down by 27

Then he throws for Touchdowns

So what was it an Comeback or a Collapse?

D. Bergin 01-15-2023 09:45 AM

As is always the case in these situations, it was a lot of both. ;)

Lawrence took a big step up this year. I've seen a few of his games and the kid looks sharp in the pocket, the 4 interceptions this last game notwithstanding.

Pretty average receiving corp., though the Jags make me wish the Giants had held onto Evan Engram a bit longer...but I think that has more to do with how good Trevor Lawrence is, then how good Evan Engram is.

pclpads 01-15-2023 01:03 PM

LA Dolts

Just a case of the Dolts being the Dolts. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory after being up 27-0. They did this before about 25 years ago, with victory in hand, then a Dolts DB recovered a fumble and instead of falling on it, securing the win, got up to run with it and promptly lost it back to the offense. His name was Marlon Macree - long a pariah in Dolts lore. Frankly, I am so happy with this latest Dolts blunder becuz I despise the entire Spani clan since leaving SD and wish them nothing but continued failures. This couldn't have happened to a more deserving, clueless NFL owner.

jingram058 01-15-2023 02:06 PM

Could not agree more. I loved them when we lived in San Diego. Loved Philip Rivers, Ladanian Tomlinson. Even Marty "Can't Win The Big One" Shottenheimer. Then, after we move to Florida, they move to LA because San Diego wouldn't tax the citizens to build them a new stadium to replace Qualcomm. So to heck with them.

mrreality68 01-15-2023 03:35 PM

I sadly rank this more a collapse/choke than a comeback. Both the defense that collapsed to the offense that choked in the 2nd half

JustinD 01-15-2023 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 2304501)
As is always the case in these situations, it was a lot of both. ;)

Have to agree with that.

It was also an absolute failure for Chargers coaching staff to adjust properly after halftime and failing to understand that would be the Jags goal. Instead they came out with the exact same plan and tried status quo.

Big props to Jags coaches for actually making adjustments.

gonefishin 01-16-2023 09:48 AM

Collapse!

Same team - different city!

The 2 biggest losses for the city were Bruce Bochy and Drew Brees. Yes, I still have my Super Bowl sweatshirt and remember Stan Humphries - I also remember Tomlinson missing his opportunity to become immortal in the playoffs but was "injured?" during the playoffs, leaving the team helpless.

Good riddance and for those faithful in LA - keep hoping and wishing and praying - it will never happen.

mrreality68 01-16-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin (Post 2304851)
Collapse!

Same team - different city!

The 2 biggest losses for the city were Bruce Bochy and Drew Brees. Yes, I still have my Super Bowl sweatshirt and remember Stan Humphries - I also remember Tomlinson missing his opportunity to become immortal in the playoffs but was "injured?" during the playoffs, leaving the team helpless.

Good riddance and for those faithful in LA - keep hoping and wishing and praying - it will never happen.

Biggest part of the collapse was the Coach(only called 8 run plays the entire 2nd half) and the QB( could not make the pass plays and most plays in 2nd half were passes)

JollyElm 01-16-2023 05:21 PM

Watching those games drives me crazy!!

It's easy to say that the people screaming at their TVs have no clue what they're talking about, but why do the teams/coaches with huge leads always stop stepping on their opponents' throats????? My Bills almost gave away a game and a big lead on their home turf to a third-string quarterback!!!!!!!

Go for blood until the very moment the game ends. That's it. Give no quarter as they used to say!!!! Beat them 81-0 and feel great about it. Do not take your foot off the gas pedal in the playoffs. No mercy!!!!!!!!

(Rant of frustration over.)

gonefishin 01-17-2023 10:44 AM

Agreed.

Do you think Chuck Bednarik offered to help Frank Gifford up?

mrreality68 01-17-2023 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2304990)
Watching those games drives me crazy!!

It's easy to say that the people screaming at their TVs have no clue what they're talking about, but why do the teams/coaches with huge leads always stop stepping on their opponents' throats????? My Bills almost gave away a game and a big lead on their home turf to a third-string quarterback!!!!!!!

Go for blood until the very moment the game ends. That's it. Give no quarter as they used to say!!!! Beat them 81-0 and feel great about it. Do not take your foot off the gas pedal in the playoffs. No mercy!!!!!!!!

(Rant of frustration over.)

very good point