Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Roy Sievers Estate Auction in St Louis - Sat July 2nd (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=321655)

rockthree 06-30-2022 03:48 PM

Roy Sievers Estate Auction in St Louis - Sat July 2nd

Someone want to stop by to see if they have his 1949 AL ROY Award for sale? Pics aren't great, but there are definitely some awards there.

https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Saint.../63138/3335523

Sadly, a bit too far of a drive for me.

mrreality68 07-01-2022 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockthree (Post 2238758)
Someone want to stop by to see if they have his 1949 AL ROY Award for sale? Pics aren't great, but there are definitely some awards there.

https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Saint.../63138/3335523

Sadly, a bit too far of a drive for me.

to far for me. But sounds like something interesting to see, explore, and potentially explore.

Sounds like a job for Carlton World

LEHR 07-01-2022 06:58 AM

There are probably some nice memorabilia pieces there that will sell for peanuts since it looks to be all consigned to one of those poorly marketed cleanout/auction services.

Sad. Hopefully a local collector will snag some of this stuff.

Collectorsince62 07-02-2022 11:03 AM

Sievers Estate Sale

I went to this estate sale today. Arrived early, got a nice low line number and was in the door before almost everyone else. Very disappointing. It was clear the family kept all the desirable items and let the estate handler over-price the rest. No uniforms, no gamers, no important awards (unless you like amateur bowling and golf trophies), lots of reproduced photos . . . you get the idea. There were a couple of interesting items, but not many. Two large, inscribed photos signed by Ted Williams were priced at $300 each. A multi-signed Joe D. Legends game jersey was also $300.

The trip wasn't a total washout. I did manage to snag a photo album with some team pictures, a bunch of player snapshots, and a few autographs, all for $30, but passed on everything else. My wife bought a small (but heavy) bookcase for a few bucks, so the trip was worthwhile for both of us. Just wish some of the good stuff from a 5-time All Star with a 17-year career would have been available.

BobC 07-02-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collectorsince62 (Post 2239169)
I went to this estate sale today. Arrived early, got a nice low line number and was in the door before almost everyone else. Very disappointing. It was clear the family kept all the desirable items and let the estate handler over-price the rest. No uniforms, no gamers, no important awards (unless you like amateur bowling and golf trophies), lots of reproduced photos . . . you get the idea. There were a couple of interesting items, but not many. Two large, inscribed photos signed by Ted Williams were priced at $300 each. A multi-signed Joe D. Legends game jersey was also $300.

The trip wasn't a total washout. I did manage to snag a photo album with some team pictures, a bunch of player snapshots, and a few autographs, all for $30, but passed on everything else. My wife bought a small (but heavy) bookcase for a few bucks, so the trip was worthwhile for both of us. Just wish some of the good stuff from a 5-time All Star with a 17-year career would have been available.

Not really a big surprise as you would expect (hope) the person/outfit overseeing the estate and sale of items in it would be looking out for the family's best interests.

balltrash 07-03-2022 09:37 AM

Sievers sale

Quote:

A well known dealer (if you go to shows, he has no online presence whatsoever) has been selling Sievers material on behalf of the family for several years. My guess is that this is what he either opted not to take or handed back to them when there were no takers.

BobC 07-03-2022 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balltrash (Post 2239364)
A well known dealer (if you go to shows, he has no online presence whatsoever) has been selling Sievers material on behalf of the family for several years. My guess is that this is what he either opted not to take or handed back to them when there were no takers.

Makes sense and goes along with what I was saying earlier. Though not technically wrong nor deceptive, it would have been a little more honest to have advertised the estate sale saying the balance of his baseball related items are what's still left after already selling off everything that anyone actually wanted. Of course they wouldn't do that, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't have.

mrreality68 07-05-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the recap.

rockthree 07-06-2022 02:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out!