Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Topps originals forgeries (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=279527)

theshleps 02-19-2020 06:10 PM

Topps originals forgeries

2 Attachment(s)
I have to admit I have been guilty of not always doing my due diligence.Trying to complete some sets I have purxhased some topps originals off ebay without looking carefully at the signatures assuming they have to be good. Someone pointed it out to me and these look bad. Does anyone thing any of these are real? appreciate your opinion. They were bought from multiple sellers and since they were bought 1-2 years ago ebay offers no recourse. I take responsibilty for not examinig them closer but an pissed off (alot at myself)
Attachment 386152

Attachment 386153

todeen 02-19-2020 06:34 PM

Why are some of them numbered? We're they supposed to be Heritage redemptions or something special?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

theshleps 02-19-2020 08:18 PM

probably to make them look more authentic

Steve D 02-19-2020 10:22 PM

Speaking just about the Aaron and Pujols cards, they look like terrible fakes.

Steve

chalupacollects 02-20-2020 09:20 AM

I thought if Topps originals they would have had a sticker or embossed stamp on the card???

theshleps 02-20-2020 10:51 AM

They all do have stickers. I can't find anywhere to look the sticker numbers up. Does anyone know where?

todeen 02-20-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshleps (Post 1956620)
They all do have stickers. I can't find anywhere to look the sticker numbers up. Does anyone know where?

Can you show a picture of the stamps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

theshleps 02-20-2020 05:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 386284

Attachment 386285

Bigdaddy 02-20-2020 06:28 PM

None of the autographs look good to me.

theshleps 02-20-2020 11:17 PM

I agree they do not look good but someone must have taken the stickers and labels off other cards and affixed these to them. Since I do not know how I can look the sticker numer up on topps sight I can't tell if they took them off a card of little value or counterfeited the stickers too. Any dieas- does Topps have a way to look up sticker numbers?

packs 02-21-2020 07:07 AM

It wouldn't be difficult at all to manipulate these cards using the Topps originals. The only cards like this I buy from Topps are buyback cards from the Topps Archives Signature Series that carry a Topps stamp on the front.

thetruthisoutthere 02-21-2020 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshleps (Post 1956736)
I agree they do not look good but someone must have taken the stickers and labels off other cards and affixed these to them. Since I do not know how I can look the sticker numer up on topps sight I can't tell if they took them off a card of little value or counterfeited the stickers too. Any dieas- does Topps have a way to look up sticker numbers?

With the various forged/counterfeit cards that I've been exposing for the past year with fake holograms, etc., anything is possible.

As far as I know, there is no Topps database that cross-references those hologram numbers.

mrmopar 02-21-2020 06:40 PM

Seems like even that is not foolproof. We've seen cards that have stamping that appears to be counterfeited. It's a shame that something like this can be ruined by forgery, counterfeiting and greed.

I still buy uncertified autographs, but mostly low dollar stuff. I try to get all my certified stuff when it is new, being pulled from packs. Again, not foolproof, but I am more comfortable buying a certified card when there are 4-5 copies available at a time, most if not all being busted from new wax and tossed right up on ebay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by packs (Post 1956768)
It wouldn't be difficult at all to manipulate these cards using the Topps originals. The only cards like this I buy from Topps are buyback cards from the Topps Archives Signature Series that carry a Topps stamp on the front.

todeen 02-21-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere (Post 1956928)
With the various forged/counterfeit cards that I've been exposing for the past year with fake holograms, etc., anything is possible.

As far as I know, there is no Topps database that cross-references those hologram numbers.

I was waiting for you to comment. I read your counterfeit posts and I'm blown away by all of the deception. Really makes it hard to know for certain anymore what is the real deal.

theshleps 02-24-2020 10:56 AM

I called topps on the phone and spoke to a customer service person. They couldn't tell me how to look up the numbers on the back of the cards and they wouldn't connect me to someone higher up when I said someone might be forging their cards. What a company

todeen 02-24-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theshleps (Post 1957485)
I called topps on the phone and spoke to a customer service person. They couldn't tell me how to look up the numbers on the back of the cards and they wouldn't connect me to someone higher up when I said someone might be forging their cards. What a company

That's really disappointing

packs 02-24-2020 12:25 PM

I don't know if I would hold that against Topps. A lone customer service rep doesn't represent the finality of anything.

rjackson44 03-03-2020 12:59 PM

All horrible childish autos