Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   New Arbitrary Statistic That Doesn't Mean Anything and I Just Thought Of! (TTC's) (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=322792)

D. Bergin 07-29-2022 10:42 AM

New Arbitrary Statistic That Doesn't Mean Anything and I Just Thought Of! (TTC's)

1 Attachment(s)
:D

TTC's - "Team Triple Crowns"

Ok, I understand this is dumb, likely very common, relies on statistics that have been downgraded in the modern era, and doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things...

...but I was browsing ESPN's Yankees page, and noticed that Aaron Judge presently is leading all the Triple Crown Categories (on the Yankees).

Wonder who holds the most TTC's throughout their careers? Likely the usual suspects. Who holds a bunch of these, that you would least likely suspect?

What's the worst modern day TTC out there? Lots of bad teams, I'm sure some pretty bad TTC's.

Sorry ahead of time if this leads to a lot of time wasting clicks on your computers...or if somebody has already compiled a list of these, making my epiphany much less clever and unique then I thought it was. ;)

D. Bergin 07-29-2022 11:44 AM

Browsing ESPN's team pages, there's 4 other TTC leaders so far this season. They are:

Reds - Brandon Drury
Cardinals - Paul Goldschmidt
Astros - Yordan Alvarez
Padres - Manny Machado

BobbyStrawberry 07-29-2022 11:51 AM

Interesting..one of those is not like the others!

Someone is certainly going to back up the Brinks truck (or several of them) for Judge.

Jim65 07-29-2022 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry (Post 2246958)
Interesting..one of those is not like the others!

Someone is certainly going to back up the Brinks truck (or several of them) for Judge.

I like Judge but I hope the Mets stay away. That huge contract has disaster written all over it.

D. Bergin 07-29-2022 12:31 PM

If they start using Robo-umps anytime soon, Judge might hit 70 homers a season or start walking a whole lot more. His eye is that good, and he gets bad calls more then anybody else by a long shot, because umps can't center the zone to his size properly.

On the other hand, he might also end up on permanent disability by the 3rd year of his next contract.

JollyElm 07-29-2022 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim65 (Post 2246972)
I like Judge but I hope the Mets stay away. That huge contract has disaster written all over it.

We need not get Bonilla'ed yet again!!!

D. Bergin 08-02-2022 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 2246954)
Browsing ESPN's team pages, there's 4 other TTC leaders so far this season. They are:

Reds - Brandon Drury
Cardinals - Paul Goldschmidt
Astros - Yordan Alvarez
Padres - Manny Machado

Well, Mr. Drury got traded, so we're shortly going to be down to Judge and the 3 others.

mrreality68 08-04-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2247057)
We need not get Bonilla'ed yet again!!!

He looks in better shape then some of the current Mets Players

Carter08 08-04-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2249036)
He looks in better shape then some of the current Mets Players

Vogelbach is a thing of beauty.

cgjackson222 09-08-2022 10:02 AM

Just noticing the Mets are facing the Marlins tonight and the TTC for the Marlins is Jesus Aguilar with 15 HRs, .236 BA, and 49 RBI.

If this continues that's gotta be one of the of worst TTCs in a while.

I guess Jeter was good to leave the Marlins when he did. They just arne't willing to pay for talent.

Tigers are pretty horrendous too, with Javier Baez leading the team with just 12 HRs, .230 BA, and 52 RBI.

Man, there are some bad teams out there. The League is really divided between the Haves and the Have Nots. But I guess that isn't anything new.

clydepepper 09-08-2022 12:36 PM

How about this for a new stat:

FIO

Fielding Independent Offense.