Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has Anyone Found a New Way to See 'Best Offer' Sold Prices? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=290499)

JollyElm 10-17-2020 05:05 AM

Has Anyone Found a New Way to See 'Best Offer' Sold Prices?

There used to be two different go-to ways to see the actual amount a 'Best Offer' auction sold for on ebay:

1. In The Url Replace "Www" With "Item" And Then Replace "Com" With "Ca"

2. Http://Cgi.Ebay.Com/Ws/Ebayisapi.Dll?Viewitemversion&Item=PUT-ITEM#-HERE

But neither of these efforts seems to work anymore (or is it just me?). Has anyone run across a new method of accomplishing this feat?

swarmee 10-17-2020 05:29 AM

Right click on page, and select "View Source"
Search source page for "taxExclusivePrice"

griffon512 10-17-2020 06:01 AM

go to 130point.com

swarmee 10-17-2020 06:07 AM

Most of those sites are no longer going to work since eBay is now restricting their sales data from sites that aren't official members.

Dpeck100 10-17-2020 07:17 AM

Slabwatch.com is still working as of this morning but not sure how much longer it will be.

jayshum 10-17-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2026370)

I tried this out with some cards I purchased with Best Offers, and it works great. Thanks. I've been trying to find a way to do this since the web pages that used to work no longer do.

chalupacollects 10-17-2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2026410)
I tried this out with some cards I purchased with Best Offers, and it works great. Thanks. I've been trying to find a way to do this since the web pages that used to work no longer do.

Whereabouts on the page do you find the price??? Lot of code to go through...

Thanks

x2drich2000 10-17-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 2026437)
Whereabouts on the page do you find the price??? Lot of code to go through...

Thanks

Tim, after you open up the source code, hit ctrl+f to launch a search box, enter "taxExclusivePrice" in the search and hit enter, the BIN price will be right after the text is found.

VintageBen 10-17-2020 09:13 AM

www.sortsof.com

conor912 10-17-2020 09:29 AM

The question for me is, why does eBay make this info so hard to find? I guess maybe I would understand if they hid the final sale price of every item, ever.....but to just hide the BO price seems odd to me.

buymycards 10-17-2020 09:34 AM

Best Offer

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 2026457)
The question for me is, why does eBay make this info so hard to find? I guess maybe I would understand if they hid the final sale price of every item, ever.....but to just hide the BO price seems odd to me.

The question for me is - why is this anyone else's business? If I buy a card through Best Offer or I sell a card through Best Offer, it isn't anyone else's business to know the actual price. It is between me and the buyer or between me and the seller. No one else needs to know.

swarmee 10-17-2020 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 2026460)
The question for me is - why is this anyone else's business? If I buy a card through Best Offer or I sell a card through Best Offer, it isn't anyone else's business to know the actual price. It is between me and the buyer or between me and the seller. No one else needs to know.

So people don't really think 1990 Topps print defects sold for $4,700 each, duh!

swarmee 10-17-2020 09:38 AM

Many people don't realize that many non-BO prices are also being reported wrong. If the seller doesn't take offers, but someone sends them a message through PMs on eBay, the seller can make a lower offer through that. I am pretty sure that does not get reported with a slashed-through sale price to let anyone know it didn't actually sell for the initial BIN price.

conor912 10-17-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 2026460)

I don’t understand this way of thinking at all, but to each their own. I could see if maybe the buyer’s identity wasn’t hidden or something, but it’s just a data point. By this logic it must infuriate you that every single AH publishes sold prices. When you buy something, I couldn’t care less about your identity. Like I said, I would understand if every AH, including ebay, hid every sale price ever, but for one site to just hide BO prices seems bizarrely inconsistent.

buymycards 10-17-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 2026470)
I don’t understand this way of thinking at all, but to each their own. I could see if maybe the buyer’s identity wasn’t hidden or something, but it’s just a data point. By this logic it must infuriate you that every single AH publishes sold prices. When you buy something, I couldn’t care less about your identity. Like I said, I would understand if every AH, including ebay, hid every sale price ever, but for one site to just hide BO prices seems bizarrely inconsistent.

Don't put words in my mouth. I could care less about auction houses. I only care about transactions that I am involved with.

So people don't really think 1990 Topps print defects sold for $4,700 each, duh!

You might think that a 1990 Topps print defect sold for $4700, but as long as I am not involved in the transaction, I don't really care.

buymycards 10-17-2020 10:24 AM

Agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2026463)
Many people don't realize that many non-BO prices are also being reported wrong. If the seller doesn't take offers, but someone sends them a message through PMs on eBay, the seller can make a lower offer through that. I am pretty sure that does not get reported with a slashed-through sale price to let anyone know it didn't actually sell for the initial BIN price.

I agree. I get many of these offers, and I accept many of these offers. Also, the limited data that is gleaned from these eBay Best Offers doesn't include the millions of transactions that are made at card shows, or that are made on Net54 or Blowout, or at the National for that matter. So, you may think there is a set market price according to VCP or Beckett, but in reality, no one ever knows the true market price.

swarmee 10-17-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 2026485)
You might think that a 1990 Topps print defect sold for $4700, but as long as I am not involved in the transaction, I don't really care.

Your option is to stop selling on eBay then...

conor912 10-17-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Don't put words in my mouth. I could care less about auction houses. I only care about transactions that I am involved with.

Have a nice day, Rick.

Exhibitman 10-17-2020 10:39 AM

Good news is that I've been checking actual sales prices for a while and they are nearly always accurately reflected on PSA's web site in its prices realized section. Bad news is it is PSA doing a good job. :D

Lorewalker 10-17-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Thanks for that!

cardsagain74 10-17-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conor912 (Post 2026470)

I agree entirely with your general view about this. It's not even like all transactions at card shows are some completely secret deal all the time anyway. Back in the old days when shows were the main focus of the marketplace, how often were there a few other collectors standing right there when you held a card and asked "would you take $60 for this", and he agreed?

Like you said, to each their own. But when it comes to matters of privacy, there are things I value at lot more (than if someone knows what was paid for a baseball card).

Fred 10-17-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VintageBen (Post 2026445)

I had no clue that so many hobby related sites existed (130point.com, Slabwatch.com, www.sortsof.com).

I'm going to open my own website called Imustbeanignoramous.com

I found the sortsof.com to be pretty cool. Thanks for that.

chalupacollects 10-17-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x2drich2000 (Post 2026444)
Tim, after you open up the source code, hit ctrl+f to launch a search box, enter "taxExclusivePrice" in the search and hit enter, the BIN price will be right after the text is found.

Wow that was easy! Thanks!

Yastrzemski Sports 10-18-2020 03:43 AM

eBay needs to be very transparent when it comes to auction results. There are a lot of people in the business including myself who depend on those results as a price guide and they are far too unreliable. They should be showing the actual sold results for a buy it now. In addition, if an item is returned or an order canceled that sale should be removed from the sold listings. It’s way too easy for market manipulation to occur the way things are - this is what happens when you lack transparency. These guys who are out there know it and are using these things to their advantage to try and screw over other buyers. eBay is complicit in this in that it is to their benefit to show higher sold results An item listed at $395 obo looks more impressive than putting up a lower actual sold price.

Bigdaddy 10-18-2020 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred (Post 2026636)

I'm going to open my own website called Imustbeanignoramous.com

Sorry, I've already got that one registered. Just cant figure out how to set it up. ;-)

And I agree, what is the logic in eBay showing some sale prices and not others?? Being transparent with buy/sell prices only makes the hobby (market) more efficient. And isn't that what we all want - buyers and sellers interacting in an efficient marketplace? Unless you don't. So if you don't want that information divulged, don't use a public forum to peddle/procure your goods.

swarmee 10-18-2020 12:11 PM

I'm surprised how many people didn't know about the search function in their web browser.

JollyElm 10-18-2020 04:57 PM

That 'view source' approach just seems to be a PC thing. For Macs and OSX using Safari, you gotta go to preferences and click the 'Show Develop menu in menu bar' button. Then when you are on the 'see original listing' page, you go to the Develop menu and click "Show Page Source." This will give you all the code at bottom, which you may or may not be able to search for 'taxExclusivePrice.'

What I did is select all of that code and then paste it in a different (text) program, where I did the 'taxExclusivePrice' search and BINGO!! it was a winner.

russkcpa 10-18-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Works great
Thanks Swarmee
Russ

T206.org 10-18-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

I could care less about auction houses.

It's pedantry, but I think you meant to say that you couldn't care less.

mainemule 10-30-2020 08:28 AM

Thanks for the "View page source" and find "taxExclusivePrice" tip!

Seems to work for me on a PC.

Jobu 05-01-2021 03:42 PM

It appears that Ebay has closed the taxexclusiveprice window.

Does anyone have any other ways that currently work?

Thanks

TobaccoKing4 05-01-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 2098472)

Thanks

130point.com is working again

Jobu 05-01-2021 03:57 PM

Awesome - thanks!!

Peter_Spaeth 05-01-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobu (Post 2098472)

Thanks

slabwatch was working for me although haven't done it in a few days

JollyElm 05-01-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobaccoKing4 (Post 2098473)
130point.com is working again

What's your secret? All I get these days is the wheel endlessly spinning 'round and 'round with no results ever appearing.

pherbener 05-01-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2098498)
What's your secret? All I get these days is the wheel endlessly spinning 'round and 'round with no results ever appearing.

I just tried it and it worked pretty quickly.

mainemule 08-04-2021 04:28 PM

Slabwatch and 130point did not work for me. Anyone have a current method for finding best offer prices? TIA......

swarmee 08-04-2021 05:49 PM

Most people think that Terapeak through eBay is going to be the only way after a while. Did you create a free login at PWCC Marketplace and search there?

mainemule 08-09-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2130389)
Most people think that Terapeak through eBay is going to be the only way after a while. Did you create a free login at PWCC Marketplace and search there?

I did not- does this allow one to search all Ebay sales, not just those of PWCC?

Also, if this is an option, where on their menu do you search for this information?

Thank you!!

Any other current alternatives?

rdwyer 08-09-2021 02:39 PM

130point.com worked for me. :)

swarmee 08-09-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mainemule (Post 2131853)
I did not- does this allow one to search all Ebay sales, not just those of PWCC?

Also, if this is an option, where on their menu do you search for this information?

https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/market-price-research

mainemule 03-12-2022 08:37 AM

https://130point.com/

seems to have a database error....

"Error establishing a database connection"

Anyone have a current way to find actual best offers accepted?

jayshum 03-12-2022 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On eBay, click on the Sell at the top of the window. Then hover over Research in the list of options under Seller Hub and choose the first one, Terapeak product research. You can then search for anything over a specified date range, and the price listed will be what it sold for whether it was an auction, BIN or Best Offer.

mainemule 03-12-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2204879)
On eBay, click on the Sell at the top of the window. Then hover over Research in the list of options under Seller Hub and choose the first one, Terapeak product research. You can then search for anything over a specified date range, and the price listed will be what it sold for whether it was an auction, BIN or Best Offer.

Jay, big/huge thanks!!! Wowza!!!

jfkheat 03-12-2022 02:19 PM

https://130point.com/ Still works but instead of entering the item number like we used to you now need to enter the title of the auction, or most of it.

mainemule 03-12-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfkheat (Post 2205020)
https://130point.com/ Still works but instead of entering the item number like we used to you now need to enter the title of the auction, or most of it.

Good to know. Was definitely NOT working earlier today as I was on the correct URL.

V117collector 03-12-2022 03:20 PM

Thanks guys!

https://130point.com/ Nice to know, this will help big time.

Gorditadogg 03-12-2022 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swarmee (Post 2026802)
I'm surprised how many people didn't know about the search function in their web browser.

What's a "web browser"?

JustinD 03-14-2022 03:24 PM

https://media.wnyc.org/i/800/0/h/85/1/aol.jpg

lowpopper 03-16-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinD (Post 2205679)

the dial-up sound is pure nostalgia