Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Long Until I Request Refund (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=312121)

todeen 12-15-2021 06:45 PM

How Long Until I Request Refund

Bought a card from ebay seller ylaf at the beginning of December; he is a top rated seller with 35k sales. He printed shipping label on December 4. Tracking still shows USPS AWAITING ITEM. I contacted seller on night of Dec 14, no response for 24 hours. I contacted seller again tonight.

I thought I got an okay deal for a Topps Tiffany Griffey, so I'm wondering if he wants me to ask for a refund so that he can try to resell it. It looks like there is a large crack across the bottom of the holder though, so it's possible that some buyers were scared of fraud. Although it could be the bag he left on while scanning.

So, how long should I wait until I request refund? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a919d8df0c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6655e09abb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

J-Yo 12-15-2021 06:48 PM

How Long Until I Request Refund

If you went through PayPal, 6 months. Be patient, sellers aren’t Prime delivery and mail moves slooooowwwwwwe this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnorth 12-15-2021 06:51 PM

Does eBay have a time limit? This time of year I would and have given a month before.

As to the USPS saying it is still waiting for item. Recently I have had that when the seller told me they mailed it. Then after a week or two the next USPS update was out for delivery with zero updates in between.

JollyElm 12-15-2021 07:02 PM

With the glints of light on the scratch, I can virtually guarantee that it is, indeed, a scratch/crack/whatever on the case. It's reflecting the scanner light, so it's 'in front' of the image, not behind it. You can see the difference in comparison to the back scan.

Good luck!!

todeen 12-15-2021 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Yo (Post 2175391)
If you went through PayPal, 6 months. Be patient, sellers aren’t Prime delivery and mail moves slooooowwwwwwe this time of year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2175394)
Does eBay have a time limit? This time of year I would and have given a month before.

As to the USPS saying it is still waiting for item. Recently I have had that when the seller told me they mailed it. Then after a week or two the next USPS update was out for delivery with zero updates in between.

Thanks for advice. I know it's slow during Xmas, but even last year I never really experienced shipping delays. WA didn't seem to have it as bad as East Coast. When everyone was complaining how slow COMC was, I was getting cards within the week. I'll give it another couple weeks.

bnorth 12-15-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2175408)
Thanks for advice. I know it's slow during Xmas, but even last year I never really experienced shipping delays. WA didn't seem to have it as bad as East Coast. When everyone was complaining how slow COMC was, I was getting cards within the week. I'll give it another couple weeks.

It is hit and miss for me. I mailed a card out Monday from South Dakota and it made it to buyer in Oregon today. I mailed a expensive card on the 8th and it still shows that it was accepted at my local post office with no updates.

cardsmemro 12-15-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todeen (Post 2175390)
Bought a card from ebay seller ylaf at the beginning of December; he is a top rated seller with 35k sales. He printed shipping label on December 4. Tracking still shows USPS AWAITING ITEM. I contacted seller on night of Dec 14, no response for 24 hours. I contacted seller again tonight.

I thought I got an okay deal for a Topps Tiffany Griffey, so I'm wondering if he wants me to ask for a refund so that he can try to resell it. It looks like there is a large crack across the bottom of the holder though, so it's possible that some buyers were scared of fraud. Although it could be the bag he left on while scanning.

So, how long should I wait until I request refund? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a919d8df0c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6655e09abb.jpg

I'm in the same boat with the same seller! Seems to be a trend, but they do all seem to arrive eventually.

todeen 12-15-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsmemro (Post 2175429)
I'm in the same boat with the same seller! Seems to be a trend, but they do all seem to arrive eventually.

Interesting.

Clutch-Hitter 12-16-2021 05:33 AM

Mailed a t206 to a buyer 11/30 with an expected delivery 12/6. He opened an item not received dispute on 12/7. The card was in limbo for days so I eventually refunded requesting he let me know if/when it arrived. It was delivered 12/13 and the buyer has gone silent. Was doing what I thought was the right thing and trusting the buyer; now out more than 100.00.

What was his reply to your message? It should at least show received by USPS. I don't sell much but when I do, I take it to the P.O. and ask them to scan it received.

Having said that, I have confidence in USPS. FedEx is terrible (in addition to the recent package dump incidents, i have doorbell video of a thrown package across the street from my residence and my wife's package being delivered to an address a few miles away, which she learned about on a local facebook group).

jh691626 12-16-2021 05:58 AM

I agree that the key part here seems to be that the item has not even started its journey yet. It's one thing if it's received by the post office and gets held up/lost in the shuffle (my experience is that this seems to happen but always seems to get delivered in the end).

But in this case seems most likely that the seller has not even gotten it to the post office yet--could be that the post office immediately lost it, but much much more likely is that it's not been brought to PO (or even put in his/her own mailbox) yet.

It's annoying that the seller has not responded to your emails either (I mean there are always possible explanations--maybe the seller got really sick--but o/w bad bad service).

If it were me, I'd just keep waiting a few more weeks, I think eBay will back you even if you keep waiting. But you'd be within your rights to request a refund...

My one cent (probably not even worth 2)

Eric72 12-16-2021 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch-Hitter (Post 2175506)
Mailed a t206 to a buyer 11/30 with an expected delivery 12/6. He opened an item not received dispute on 12/7. The card was in limbo for days so I eventually refunded requesting he let me know if/when it arrived. It was delivered 12/13 and the buyer has gone silent...

Please let our community know this buyer's name and eBay user ID.

RL 12-16-2021 11:00 AM

since the seller will not respond to you, file a INR now

if the card ever shows up, you can always repay the seller

Fred 12-17-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Yo (Post 2175391)

I've received items in a matter of a few days (east coast to west coast) in the past week. I'm just totally amazed that the stuff was coming so fast. I was expecting at least 8-10 days for the shipments, instead it's just been a few days. Totally mind boggling to me.

NiceDocter 12-17-2021 11:17 PM

nonsense

A fellow Net54er and I just completed a trade..... sent first class with tracking ... mine went from Florida to California in 3 days, his took 12 days. Package looked like Rocky Balboa when it got here ( and that would be AFTER the first Apollo fight...) but the cards inside were fine! Yo Adrian, we did it!

mrreality68 12-18-2021 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDocter (Post 2176114)
A fellow Net54er and I just completed a trade..... sent first class with tracking ... mine went from Florida to California in 3 days, his took 12 days. Package looked like Rocky Balboa when it got here ( and that would be AFTER the first Apollo fight...) but the cards inside were fine! Yo Adrian, we did it!

I have seen that to so I did my deals before the "holiday season" shipping season spiked and a few more to send out but waiting approx 1 week after the Holiday to hopefully avoid some of these issues.

As for the seller not responding that is troubling

Good luck with it