Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   eBay Seller "Cancels" Sell (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=287279)

GasHouseGang 08-09-2020 06:12 PM

eBay Seller "Cancels" Sell

I just won an auction on eBay and the seller immediately canceled the sell. There were 29 bidders so it wasn't an item that slipped through unseen. I guess it just didn't go for what the seller wanted so he cancelled. Am I at least able to leave negative feedback on this cancelled sell?

mrmopar 08-09-2020 06:43 PM

I don't think so. I had a seller cancel my auction once w/o explanation, even after I asked, and I looked for a way to leave negative feedback and failed. I think once the transaction is cancelled, ebay figures it is no longer something that requires feedback, yet anyone could cancel for any reason and not have any negative blowback.

GasHouseGang 08-09-2020 11:55 PM

I was able to go into my "Leave Feedback" on eBay and the transaction was there, so I was able to leave negative feedback and explain why.

jchcollins 08-10-2020 09:46 AM

This type of thing is less common than it used to be back in the days of eBay running mostly only the auction format, but unfortunately it still happens. On smaller items I can understand an "out of stock" type response, but on some of the bigger items yes, it seems if something doesn't sell for the price the seller is looking for, occasionally some will still "cancel" and try their luck again.

Republicaninmass 08-10-2020 10:40 AM

I've had it happen on buy it nows, only to find someone offered a higher price!

vintagetoppsguy 08-10-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasHouseGang (Post 2007269)
Am I at least able to leave negative feedback on this cancelled sell?

If you agreed to cancel the sell, I don't believe you can leave negative feedback. If you didn't agree, I'm pretty sure you can leave negative feedback. Just go to your feedback section and try it. Let us know.

GasHouseGang 08-10-2020 12:56 PM

I hadn't agreed to anything, so I guess eBay allowed me to leave negative feedback. Honestly, I just got an email saying the buyer canceled the sell in my eBay messages. I wasn't even told by eBay I had to agree to the cancellation.

Jim65 08-10-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GasHouseGang (Post 2007448)
I hadn't agreed to anything, so I guess eBay allowed me to leave negative feedback. Honestly, I just got an email saying the buyer canceled the sell in my eBay messages. I wasn't even told by eBay I had to agree to the cancellation.

Thats probably the reason the seller gave when he cancelled the sale, sellers don't get penalized if buyer requests the cancellation.

GasHouseGang 08-10-2020 03:56 PM

I'm sorry, I meant to say the seller canceled the sell. Here's the message:

You don't need to do anything else!

eBay
Your order was canceled

Hi David,

The seller canceled this order due to the following reason: I'm out of stock or the item is damaged.

You don't need to do anything else.

Republicaninmass 08-10-2020 04:08 PM

Ebay told me "it does factor Into their top rated seller status"

Exhibitman 08-10-2020 04:29 PM

I've done it occasionally, when I misplaced an item. Happens if you handle a lot of material. I once misplaced a 1965 Topps PSA 8 Lou Brock for two years--it had slipped down into a drawer I rarely opened into a file. When I finally looked at the file, there was Lou.

mybestbretts 08-10-2020 05:16 PM

Cancelled sale

I have had this happen 3 times over the years and i know
exactly what happened. A buyer that didn't win contacted
the seller and offered more if they would get out of the
sale with me. How do i know, well 1 a seller who didn't agree
contacted me and let me know and who the person was. I had
already suspected. Then a dealer told me a sick story this
buyer braged to him he pulled to get a card i had won.
So it happens and it will continue.

Republicaninmass 08-10-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybestbretts (Post 2007511)
I have had this happen 3 times over the years and i know
exactly what happened. A buyer that didn't win contacted
the seller and offered more if they would get out of the
sale with me. How do i know, well 1 a seller who didn't agree
contacted me and let me know and who the person was. I had
already suspected. Then a dealer told me a sick story this
buyer braged to him he pulled to get a card i had won.
So it happens and it will continue.

Was it a board member by chance? Mine was, total nut job