Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question regarding shipping to Canada (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=291961)

greenmonster66 11-17-2020 12:57 PM

Question regarding shipping to Canada

Does anyone here know if I sell say 40 Baseball card sets to Canada, can I just list it as one line item on the Customs form? Or do I need to list each and every set there is? I know Custom Forms only allow I believe 5 items per page. Thank You!

Huysmans 11-17-2020 01:05 PM

Hi Neal,

I believe you just have to mention the total number of sets and that's it. Each set doesn't have to be notated. Hopefully someone else will confirm for sure.
I hope this helps.

Brent

greenmonster66 11-17-2020 01:10 PM

Thank you Brent, if I had to list and each set have no idea how it could fit onto the box, lol!

Jim65 11-17-2020 02:22 PM

Its 40 sets and put total value.

Eggoman 11-17-2020 02:32 PM

I OFTEN use the wonderful Customs Form descriptive - "Printed Matter". I was taught that by an older Post Master that frequently shipped "Printed Matter" for me!

Good Luck!

Stampsfan 11-18-2020 12:51 AM

Hey, we Canadians are happy if anyone ships anything to us.
Neal, while I’ve not purchased a lot of items here, I think you sold me the first thing I bought on Net54.
:p

Michael B 11-18-2020 02:38 AM

I would agree with listing printed material or documents. If you put baseball cards or anything else that suggests value it may get 'misdirected'. Also, if they are of a decent value, the receiver will possibly get hit with customs charges. Multiple boxes, lower value per box. A bit more on postage, but a consideration.

buymycards 11-18-2020 06:42 AM

Customs forms

Just remember when you are filling out the customs form, that EVERY package that is going to or coming from Canada is either X-Rayed or opened because of the tremendous amount of drugs that are being shipped across the border.

So, if you put down documents rather than baseball cards, your package is more likely to be flagged while going through customs and charged customs duties.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 11-18-2020 07:29 AM

Rick brings up an important point. The Printed Matter route is best served for smaller shipments that fit into a flat envelope. 40 sets of "Printed Matter" is both hilarious and suspicious!

Since you're dealing with so many cards, I'll safely assume that the value is on the lower end. In this instance, you're best served to just say they're "cards" or "trade cards". Just avoid saying "Baseball Cards" while finding an honest way to describe them. You could also say "Ephemera--40 sets of cards". While still honest, "ephemera" might throw off an otherwise tempted worker from stealing your shipment.

Also, I have to hand it to you for finding a Canadian willing to pay what will likely be a fairly high rate to ship so many sets their way! (It's becoming borderline impossible to find American sellers who will ship north of the border--even for one nearly worthless item--so thank you for being so willing.)

maniac_73 11-18-2020 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampsfan (Post 2036309)
Hey, we Canadians are happy if anyone ships anything to us.
Neal, while I’ve not purchased a lot of items here, I think you sold me the first thing I bought on Net54.
:p

Seconded! Always grateful to the sellers here who go through the extra work of shipping to us Canadians!