Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1904 cincinnati reds stenzel rooter pins (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=298572)

Bumpus Jones 03-14-2021 09:12 AM

1904 cincinnati reds stenzel rooter pins
 
1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone else have or collect these?

ooo-ribay 03-14-2021 09:24 AM

Itís amazing youíve found ten of them. Are there others?

Bumpus Jones 03-14-2021 10:12 AM

Rob, there are a total of 18 so I've got a ways to go... I'm hoping I can find some more by posting on here. Anyone???

perezfan 03-14-2021 12:37 PM

Perhaps try Nick Senzel?

Sorry... couldn't resist. Seriously, I have never owned one. They must be soooo rare. Great looking set, and best of luck finding more to add to your collection. Maybe Al (or someone who can truly add value) will chime in.

Great stuff!

sayhey24 03-14-2021 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boy those look great all together like that Chris!

There are at least two copies of Noodles Hahn out there.
Here's mine that I've had for many years -- another just sold in the latest Hake's auction (maybe we'll see that one posted here too!)


Greg

ooo-ribay 03-14-2021 03:35 PM

It must be quite a rush to find one you donít have....assuming that ever happens.

Scott Garner 03-16-2021 03:06 PM

Frank "Noodles" Hahn 1906 Stenzel's pinback
 
1 Attachment(s)
Noodles Hahn pitched the 1st no-hitter in the 1900's.
Guilty as charged.
I recently added him after a rather long search.

pedodds 03-17-2021 06:27 PM

Stengel Pins
 
Great work Chris! Good luck finishing the set!


QUOTE=Bumpus Jones;2080763]Does anyone else have or collect these?[/QUOTE]

pedodds 03-23-2021 05:25 PM

Stenzel's Rooter Pins
 
I finally got my two pins in. Nothing compared to what you guys got but I'm happy!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...923/QUSOcS.jpg

I had a couple of interior and exterior views of his Exchange to accompany the pins....


https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/OM6hR4.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/j6f5QU.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/sK6Wbq.jpg

This one is from the great flood of 1913 when downtown Cincinnati was flooded into the stadium and surrounding community.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...924/US4raN.jpg

I also have a nice little note from his great-granddaughter.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/TlWqng.jpg

Scott Garner 03-23-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedodds (Post 2084765)
I finally got my two pins in. Nothing compared to what you guys got but I'm happy!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...923/QUSOcS.jpg

I had a couple of interior and exterior views of his Exchange to accompany the pins....


https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/OM6hR4.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/j6f5QU.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/sK6Wbq.jpg

This one is from the great flood of 1913 when downtown Cincinnati was flooded into the stadium and surrounding community.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...924/US4raN.jpg

I also have a nice little note from his great-granddaughter.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/TlWqng.jpg

AWSOME post!~ Love the pics

Joe2007 03-23-2021 05:48 PM

Amazing those are so cool! I am not far from Cincinnati so I'll have to keep my eyes open for them when treasure hunting at estate auctions and in antique shops. You never know what will turn up in the oddest places where you would never expect it.

pedodds 03-23-2021 06:05 PM

Treasure Hunting...
 
Cool! Good Luck! I'm in!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe2007 (Post 2084779)
Amazing those are so cool! I am not far from Cincinnati so I'll have to keep my eyes open for them when treasure hunting at estate auctions and in antique shops. You never know what will turn up in the oddest places where you would never expect it.


bgar3 03-24-2021 06:23 AM

Love the photos John.

Bumpus Jones 03-24-2021 06:45 AM

That's great John. Thanks for sharing!

Huysmans 03-24-2021 08:10 AM

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/j6f5QU.jpg

I wonder what happened to the 40 mounted photos of boxers behind the pool table? Gazette supplements? Cabinets? They look larger than T3s.

prewarsports 03-26-2021 12:49 PM

I have some stuff from his estate, a mini-bat that was his son's, a couple pieces of pottery and trophies and a bunch of family photographs, but no rooter pins.

pedodds 03-27-2021 08:20 AM

Stenel Estate
 
That's neat Rhys! I'd love to know what that entails? Is it all listed in your store?


Quote:

Originally Posted by prewarsports (Post 2085894)
I have some stuff from his estate, a mini-bat that was his son's, a couple pieces of pottery and trophies and a bunch of family photographs, but no rooter pins.


pedodds 03-27-2021 08:27 AM

Boxer Photo's
 
I can't tell you how many times I've looked at that image under magnification looking for anything from his playing days. I can't understand why there isn't really anything baseball in the cabinet? Maybe boxing was popular at the time with the patrons? I love the depth of the image, however! I've always assumed that was him behind the bar closest to the camera?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Huysmans (Post 2084965)
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/j6f5QU.jpg

I wonder what happened to the 40 mounted photos of boxers behind the pool table? Gazette supplements? Cabinets? They look larger than T3s.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.