Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980) (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Could use some selling advice (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=286374)

Sidepocket 07-21-2020 06:58 PM

Could use some selling advice

5 Attachment(s)
I've got 45 cards I'm selling to pay for some home projects I need to do. Below are some scans of what I'm looking to sell. Seems like card sales are hot right now and I'd like to maximize sales price. I'm leaning toward PWCC in spite of his recent issues since he seems to still pull in the highest prices. Would appreciate any advice on other sellers, or any other advice on the process of selling - I've strictly been a buyer in the past. Thanks!!!!

Mark

TedWill1939 07-21-2020 07:10 PM

Great cards! I would sell them yourself, on here for no fees or ebay. The hard part is done, the grading.

swarmee 07-21-2020 07:36 PM

Gift grade on that Yaz; edge cut protrudes into the picture? Not deserving of anything like a number grade.

Consign to Greg Morris would be my recommendation.

Another option is COMC Auctions:
https://blog.comc.com/comc-auctions-...ked-questions/

bnorth 07-21-2020 08:03 PM

1) list on here with your best price.

2) What doesn't sell on here put on eBay with at least a 20% price increase.

3) What doesn't sell on eBay send to Scott Russell to sell in one of his auctions.

This is what I would do.

hcv123 07-21-2020 08:13 PM

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2001314)
1) list on here with your best price.

2) What doesn't sell on here put on eBay with at least a 20% price increase.

3) What doesn't sell on eBay send to Scott Russell to sell in one of his auctions.

This is what I would do.

What he said

4reals 07-21-2020 11:01 PM

Scott Russell is a standup guy, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UKCardGuy 07-22-2020 05:21 AM

Really nice cards. I'd be interested in some of the 55's depending on the asking price.

Thanks,
Gary

TedWill1939 07-22-2020 07:38 AM

Curious as why using a consignor would be better than diy? Is'nt that more money out of your pocket? I understand using a AH/ consignor, for selling a large collection or real high value items.

Exhibitman 07-22-2020 07:59 AM

Sterling. Fast, reliable, strong following for cards of the condition and era you are selling.

MikeGarcia 07-22-2020 08:35 AM

E-Bay "Sold Items"

...What I've done whenever I've wished to sell off some PSA graded 50's Topps baseball cards was to look at the E-Bay "sold" section and checked the "highest first" past sales to determine how to price my "BuyItNow'' listings....after weeks of nothing but crickets . I wound up sending them to PWCC and for some insane reason he got ridiculous prices for my stuff from his loyal buyers.....even if he charges me an extra 6 dollars per sold card , the final sales prices more than made up for that ; plus he did the packaging and shipping , which is scary lately...your cards fit this scenario unless you want to do it yourself. Nice cards , by the way , they should be really easy sales. Good luck with them.

TedWill1939 07-22-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGarcia (Post 2001467)
...What I've done whenever I've wished to sell off some PSA graded 50's Topps baseball cards was to look at the E-Bay "sold" section and checked the "highest first" past sales to determine how to price my "BuyItNow'' listings....after weeks of nothing but crickets . I wound up sending them to PWCC and for some insane reason he got ridiculous prices for my stuff from his loyal buyers.....even if he charges me an extra 6 dollars per sold card , the final sales prices more than made up for that ; plus he did the packaging and shipping , which is scary lately...your cards fit this scenario unless you want to do it yourself. Nice cards , by the way , they should be really easy sales. Good luck with them.

One reason could be the difference between BIN and auction. IMO, BIN's, unless they are fair to below market price are not as attractive as low start price auctions. There is a psychological factor.

chalupacollects 07-23-2020 05:58 PM

Whatever you do let us know how you will go about it so we can get a chance at some of them!

MikeGarcia 07-23-2020 07:49 PM

Bang bang

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupacollects (Post 2002104)
Whatever you do let us know how you will go about it so we can get a chance at some of them!

..if those two '55's show up on the BST there may be fistfights and gunfire.....plus I've never seen a '57 Berra as well-centered as this one... so yeah , please let us all on here know your decision ; thanks ......

Sidepocket 07-25-2020 06:21 PM

I'll get these listed in the B/S/T this weekend. Thanks for all the advice!