Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Ebay Help Needed ASAP Please (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=290752)

Fballguy 10-22-2020 06:32 AM

Ebay Help Needed ASAP Please

It seems my Ebay account has been hacked. My account says I've signed out (I never sign out) and now it's not recognizing my stored password. I tried the change my password link and it appears the contact email address and phone number have been changed.

The best part, if I try to access any of the online help features, like reporting a hacked account...It immediately asked for my password. Any of the contact us features do the same thing.

I googled a phone number for ebay and it's just a recording that hangs up on you after directing you back to the website and their online help.

Does anyone have a good contact number for ebay?

Thanks

Fballguy 10-22-2020 06:54 AM

Found another number and it appears to be working....Don't know for sure yet but it's the usual virtual help voice. When it asked why I was calling, my response of "Hacked Account" produced this response "It's very important to act quickly when you suspect your account has been hacked" then she put me on hold for 15 minutes and counting...

Fballguy 10-22-2020 08:35 AM

Took over an hour on the phone between the hold and the help, but they got it taken care off. Very frustrating that it's so hard to reach them. Even sent a private message to @askebay on Twitter and to this point still no response to that. You'd think they'd handle hacking and privacy breaches with a little more urgency.

bnorth 10-22-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2027905)
Took over an hour on the phone between the hold and the help, but they got it taken care off. Very frustrating that it's so hard to reach them. Even sent a private message to @askebay on Twitter and to this point still no response to that. You'd think they'd handle hacking and privacy breaches with a little more urgency.

Glad it worked out for you.:)

Fballguy 10-22-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2027928)
Glad it worked out for you.:)

Thanks...I was completely locked out of ebay. All my contact info was changed so I couldn't change my password. And Ebay was prompting me for my password after every click which is pretty frustrating when you're trying to report a hacking.

D. Bergin 10-22-2020 10:00 AM

Yeah, it's a nightmare when anything like that happens. A few weeks ago, somebody lifted my replacement Paypal Debit card as it was being sent to me in the mail to replace my expiring card.

Pretty sure somebody just scanned the card as it was going through the Postal system and sent it on it's way. Same day I got it in the mail, a bunch of bogus Cell Phone Company charges went through.

Luckily I caught it almost immediately and Paypal was able to shut the card down and dispute the charges.