Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   the truth then moving on (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=163818)

aclinton1107 02-19-2013 09:03 AM

the truth then moving on

At least two collectors here believe the picture they ran some kind of software. Im not that smart with a computer to edit pictures. Anyways i have someone im seriously considering meeting to sell. Idid not know this card was as in demand as it is. Now that i do know the only way to prove it would be in person. If i get what im looking for i will meet one of two people that believe. I have not tried to scam anyone people here ive done transactions with know i am legit.
Thanks
Andrew

wazoo 02-19-2013 09:06 AM

Post a video with the card.

Wymers Auction 02-19-2013 09:30 AM

Andrew people have believed you in much smaller deals. This card is different and it is well known who owns it. Even if by some ridiculous miracle you did own it you would need to explain why you have it. The been in the family for a long time is a lie. There is too much proof otherwise with auction records, statements of the real owner with the card in his hands saying he was offered 60k more than the 200K+ that he paid at auction. If I were you I would just go quietly into the night and not look back. Being a criminal might not suit you very well.

rainier2004 02-19-2013 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)

bn2cardz 02-19-2013 09:34 AM

This reminds me so much of the Character Tweener on the show Prison Break. The character was in prison for stealing a baseball collection that happened to have a t206 Wagner in it and he "didn't know how much it was worth"...

http://prisonbreak.wikia.com/wiki/Da...er%22_Apolskis

aclinton1107 02-19-2013 09:36 AM

Not trying to be a criminal at all moving on did not know it would blow the thread up this bad. Still would like to buy and trade on the forum. No one in their right mind would send this kind of cash it would be an in person deal. After i discuss the situation with wife and dad we will see what happens with the card. Moving on

Wymers Auction 02-19-2013 09:38 AM

Andrew if you truly owned the card than why cant you tell us where you got it from? The been in the family story has been debunked there is proof it has been up for sale in 2010. Why can you not present clearer proof that you own it? What you are doing is a crime.

vintagetoppsguy 02-19-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aclinton1107 (Post 1091385)
Still would like to buy and trade on the forum.

I think you blew any shot at that.

aclinton1107 02-19-2013 09:45 AM

I have done nothing that is a crime. The only story i have is the one i relayed. Thats why im waiting to talk to my dad. Im curious about the one the dr bought as well. A crime would be if i took your money and kept the card... advertising the card is jjst that advertising. Time will tell what happens with it, however a lot of people here should watch personal attacks.

Jlighter 02-19-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aclinton1107 (Post 1091385)
After i discuss the situation with wife

Was not expecting that one.

Leon 02-19-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1091388)
I think you blew any shot at that.

And I have NEVER done this before but most likely I am going to let the board decide on his membership. I know my decision...but usually try to make sure I am on the right track. Most decisions are quite easy OR I just don't want to put them to vote.

aclinton1107 02-19-2013 09:53 AM

The board decide my membership. Thats not really right. I could understand if i stole from someone or sold drugs. Then i could understand a vote on membership. Makes me laugh when people that openly profit off of the hobby want to act holier than thou.

frankbmd 02-19-2013 09:53 AM

Maybe we should see a picture with wife holding the card first.

vintagetoppsguy 02-19-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1091392)
I am going to let the board decide on his membership.

If he would have come clean when he was first busted, I would just chalk it up to being young and immature and say give him another chance. The fact that he continues to stick to his story makes my decision pretty easy.

Edited to add: LOL at Frank's comment :D

ullmandds 02-19-2013 09:55 AM

andrew...since you seem to have advanced photoshopping/computer skills...why not post a "real" photo...with a newspaper in the background...or with your "wife"...depicting the card...not a photo shopped one...and maybe we'd believe u?!

Wagner's are like fingerprints...each one is different and easily identifiable...esp the one you've chosen to "sell"...and most on this board know more about them than our "spouses!"

If no real proof is provided...I say get rid of him...there are already too many liars/cheaters/thieves in the hobby!

Matthew H 02-19-2013 09:56 AM

I say get rid of him. He just tried to scam someone out of a ton of money.

Attempting to do so is a crime btw.

T206DK 02-19-2013 09:57 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_P8n0J5nF3I...humbs_down.jpg

My vote

Wymers Auction 02-19-2013 09:58 AM

I contacted Heritage Auction about this I doubt they will respond, but we will see.

sdkammeyer 02-19-2013 10:00 AM

For law enforcement and any of you merry pranksters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aclinton1107 (Post 1071508)
im interested in these cards... I am new to the forum and dont know how it works... with that said text me at 615-506-9710

from The bottom of page 1 here:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...08#post1071508

Wymers Auction 02-19-2013 10:00 AM

Here is a direct quote from Heritage
Thanks for the notification—we are aware. Thankfully this guy is teeing himself up for the police by documenting his fraud. Hardly a criminal mastermind.

Best,

Jonathan Scheier

Consignment Director

www.HA.com

Heritage Auctions

3500 Maple Ave: 17th Floor

Dallas, TX 75219

Phone: 800.872.6467 ext. 1314

Direct Line: 214.409.1314

Direct Fax: 214.409.2314

TNP777 02-19-2013 10:03 AM

I find it quite interesting that Andrew is hanging around to defend his story, despite seemingly overwhelming evidence that disputes him. We know the story doesn't stack up and his photo is laughable, yet here he is.

If it's up to the membership whether he stays or goes, I vote he stays - the better to keep an eye on him. I really want to hear the full story of this card. His unwillingness to answer blunt questions is concerning, but if he's still here perhaps he will eventually answer them.

markf31 02-19-2013 10:04 AM

This all depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

vintagetoppsguy 02-19-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markf31 (Post 1091409)
This all depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.

You can never trust a Clinton :D

Before anybody complains, not trying to be political, just funny.

sdkammeyer 02-19-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymers Auction (Post 1091407)
Thankfully this guy is teeing himself up for the police by documenting his fraud. Hardly a criminal mastermind.

Best,

Jonathan Scheier

Consignment Director

www.HA.com

Heritage Auctions

Amen to that.

I'm sure the good Dr. would like to know that his card is mysteriously in Nashville as well.

Dr. Nicholas DePace, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Philadelphia Office:
2047 Oregon Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Phone: (215) 339-8055

Rob D. 02-19-2013 10:09 AM

To Andrew's credit, when he posted the card in the B/S/T, at least he didn't claim that it's undergraded.

aclinton1107 02-19-2013 10:09 AM

I will gladly go if thats what evrryone wants. However i am in the middle of a few small transactions. Want to make sure they go as planned and fair for each involved. Then i will gladly go.

bigtrain 02-19-2013 10:09 AM

Andrew,
You are becoming the "Pete Rose" of Net54. You need to admit you made a mistake, take responsibility for your actions and move on. Maybe this started out as a joke. I don't know. Maybe you joined here a few weeks ago to get your name known and planned this "scam" all along. As an attorney, I deal with real criminals on a daily basis. Most think that they are smarter than everyone else. They find out that they are not when it is too late. Every here knows that you do not own the card. No one is going to trust you with even a small transaction in the future until and unless you can rehabilitate your reputation here. Other people who post here regularly have made mistakes in their lives and even involving the hobby and have been forgiven. Give up the nonsensical story while you can.

npa589 02-19-2013 10:12 AM

So, I leave work early for a 30 minute ride home, and this is what I missed........

Goodness gracious dude...do you not realize that you literally may go to prison???

Jason 02-19-2013 10:13 AM

Das Boot.

iwantitiwinit 02-19-2013 10:13 AM

Relative to my vote I look at it like this, board members have more to lose by dealing with someone that is suspected of unscrupulousness behavior than they can possibly gain from any contribution to the forums he can make. If you look at it in that light I think there is only one way to go with this issue.

ksabet 02-19-2013 10:15 AM

I am not so sure banning him makes sense. If everyone is keen to his ruse there is no need to ban the guy. Let him keep posting humorous posts so the authorities have more info to go on.

Wymers Auction 02-19-2013 10:15 AM

Andrew I have made mistakes in my auction career. I have even made a bad decision regarding a baseball auction several years ago. I had to personally apologize to everyone and I have never violated anybody's trust again in this hobby. The cards I sell I either own or have a legally binding consignment contract with the owner to sell them. I do not know that you could find forgiveness on a blunder as big as this one, but at least save some face and just come clean.

Jacklitsch 02-19-2013 10:17 AM

I vote he stays.

This thread has been an entertaining respite in my relatively boring retirement. :)

npa589 02-19-2013 10:18 AM

I don't know you guys, until he is in court, it may be more beneficial to everyone to have "Not Banned, but don't do any deals with him" in place of where "Member" is located under his username.

teetwoohsix 02-19-2013 10:19 AM

Wow, I missed all of this as well.

Any board members in Nashville willing to meet this guy? I doubt he would show up.

Sincerely, Clayton

npa589 02-19-2013 10:21 AM

Andrew, in all seriousness, I have a buyer for you. He is an international buyer that goes by the name of: Cole Pi

Area code 911 - (pm me for the rest of the number)

Leon 02-19-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teetwoohsix (Post 1091423)
Wow, I missed all of this as well.

Any board members in Nashville willing to meet this guy? I doubt he would show up.

Sincerely, Clayton

We have a Ton OF members in the Nashville area. I would recommend meeting at the nearest police precinct to the the deal. If I had a large valued card I was selling I would be happy to do that. As for banning or not, the jury is still out. While many think it's a no-brainer, I think the views so far have disputed that assumption.

EvilKing00 02-19-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1091397)
Maybe we should see a picture with wife holding the card first.

OMG!!! i was thinking that too!

npa589 02-19-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1091425)
We have a Ton OF members in the Nashville area. I would recommend meeting at the nearest police precinct to the the deal. If I had a large valued card I was selling I would be happy to do that. As for banning or not, the jury is still out. While many think it's a no-brainer, I think the views so far have disputed that assumption.

To quote another great movie:

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

teetwoohsix 02-19-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1091425)

Sound logic Leon.

This is a strange thing, does the OP understand that people follow all of the known Wagner cards? I don't get what he is trying to do? This is not Craigslist.

Sincerely, Clayton

EvilKing00 02-19-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1091411)
You can never trust a Clinton :D

Before anybody complains, not trying to be political, just funny.

"i did not have sexual relations with any woman ever"

AndyG09 02-19-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob D. (Post 1091413)
To Andrew's credit, when he posted the card in the B/S/T, at least he didn't claim that it's undergraded.

LOLOL!!!!!

This thread is amazing! Super in so many ways.

I can't believe this guy is claiming he still owns the card. Give it up, bro. At least humor us with a picture of Kate Upton holding the card.

Best,

Andy

frankbmd 02-19-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyG09 (Post 1091438)
LOLOL!!!!!

I can't believe this guy is claiming he still owns the card. Give it up, bro. At least humor us with a picture of Kate Upton holding the card.

Best,

Andy

She wouldn't need her hands.

AndyG09 02-19-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 1091440)
She wouldn't need her hands.

Amen, Dr. Frank!

ag

EvilKing00 02-19-2013 10:41 AM

How about a video of you and the card, also some close up video, also what about the SGC # of the card that would be nice. If you have it prove it and im sure someone will buy it.

If your not going to prove it means your lying and I would vote to ban him too.

novakjr 02-19-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1091437)
"i did not have sexual relations with any woman ever"

"I did not have sexual relations with that Wagner"

bigwinnerx 02-19-2013 10:50 AM

You have to give him credit, he is definitely planning on going down with the ship. He's also as stubborn as my 3 year old.

Pat R 02-19-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilKing00 (Post 1091443)
How about a video of you and the card, also some close up video, also what about the SGC # of the card that would be nice. If you have it prove it and im sure someone will buy it.

If your not going to prove it means your lying and I would vote to ban him too.

The cert # is the same as the nuns wagner you could see the
# when he had it in the bst.

sbfinley 02-19-2013 10:55 AM

I played PM tag with this guy last night trying to get better images from him. You are wasting your time asking trying to get better evidence or video. The horribly photoshopped one he already provided is the best you are going to get. I don't care if he can lurk or take part in the discussion forums, but there is absolutely no way that a habitual liar of this scale should be allowed in the B/S/T area, which is at this point renowned for its safety.

My vote - Ban Hammer

t206fix 02-19-2013 10:57 AM

Kate Upton holding the card?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyG09 (Post 1091438)
LOLOL!!!!!

Best,

Andy

Better yet, Andrew, all will be forgiven if you can produce a video of Kate Upton dancing with card... or any card for that matter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUnWIs88CQ