Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pics from the National (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=322815)

bnorth 07-29-2022 07:00 PM

Pics from the National

Any body have any memorabilia pics from the National? If so please post some.:)

Schlesinj 07-30-2022 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted in the other thread, but this was my only purchase. I saw a few dealers who where selling tickets. Memory Lane had some cool ticket runs like Mantles and Ruth’s World Series HR. I also think they had two of Bear Bryant’s last or first game coached. I thought those were cool since my oldest is leaving next week to attend.

Attachment 527422

mrreality68 07-31-2022 01:04 PM

Great pickup

Very nice photo

bnorth 08-03-2022 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlesinj (Post 2247384)
I posted in the other thread, but this was my only purchase. I saw a few dealers who where selling tickets. Memory Lane had some cool ticket runs like Mantles and Ruth’s World Series HR. I also think they had two of Bear Bryant’s last or first game coached. I thought those were cool since my oldest is leaving next week to attend.

Attachment 527422

Nice pick up.

From the number of views it looks like several of us wanted to see some pictures.

For those that went was there much memorabilia there? I was really hoping to see some bats posted. Taube had to be there with some amazing stuff.

aelefson 08-03-2022 05:51 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I had a great time at the National! I was lucky to be able to go Tuesday and Wednesday and left before the crowds came in Wednesday afternoon. I came for multiple reasons including a big trade with a board member, consigning an item to LOTG, selling a bat, and saying hi to friends. Buying anything was secondary for me. I accomplished all I set out to do, and bought several items so it was a great trip!

I also was very lucky to get invited to the Bills' room on Tuesday and I happily purchased the Dartmouth team photo, Harvard/Boston ticket, and Our Boys cabinet photo shown below. The room was filled with great memorabilia but the people were even better. It was great to meet the two Bills in person as well as see several other friends in the room. The other items I bought Wednesday at the show (I didn't see anything I really wanted on Tuesday). My favorite item overall is the 1868 scorebook. It is almost entirely filled out (games start in 1870 and end in the mid 1870s) and appears to be a small town team from New England but I need to do more research. For bargains, I was very surprised to find a 1955 Golden Stamps Dodgers book in excellent condition (with all of the stamps unused) for 20.00.

Overall, I had a great time. I was too busy shopping to take pictures of the cool memorabilia I saw but there was plenty of 19th and early 20th century baseball items that were amazing to see.

Alan

Bill Rayburn 08-03-2022 08:48 PM

Hey Alan...Looks like some great finds at the National. Glad you could come by on Tuesday night and very pleased you could find some things for your collection. I have enjoyed your posts on Net54 over the years and glad to meet you in person, hope you can make it to Chicago next year.

Huysmans 08-04-2022 05:36 AM

Great pick-ups Alan!
Love the scorebook, great find!
I hope all is well otherwise my friend.

Leon 08-04-2022 06:18 AM

Great pick ups, Alan. Sounds like a wonderful time was had meeting new/old collectors. What more can you ask!. Congrats

CarltonHendricks 08-04-2022 11:46 AM

Congrats

Quote:

Originally Posted by aelefson (Post 2248798)
I had a great time at the National! I was lucky to be able to go Tuesday and Wednesday and left before the crowds came in Wednesday afternoon. I came for multiple reasons including a big trade with a board member, consigning an item to LOTG, selling a bat, and saying hi to friends. Buying anything was secondary for me. I accomplished all I set out to do, and bought several items so it was a great trip!

I also was very lucky to get invited to the Bills' room on Tuesday and I happily purchased the Dartmouth team photo, Harvard/Boston ticket, and Our Boys cabinet photo shown below. The room was filled with great memorabilia but the people were even better. It was great to meet the two Bills in person as well as see several other friends in the room. The other items I bought Wednesday at the show (I didn't see anything I really wanted on Tuesday). My favorite item overall is the 1868 scorebook. It is almost entirely filled out (games start in 1870 and end in the mid 1870s) and appears to be a small town team from New England but I need to do more research. For bargains, I was very surprised to find a 1955 Golden Stamps Dodgers book in excellent condition (with all of the stamps unused) for 20.00.

Overall, I had a great time. I was too busy shopping to take pictures of the cool memorabilia I saw but there was plenty of 19th and early 20th century baseball items that were amazing to see.

Alan

Wow Alan great report...you experienced the National as it should be experienced...you came home with a haul...I know what a great eye you have so I'm not surprised...do you still have that giant metal letter that came off the front of Yankee Stadium...

aelefson 08-04-2022 04:50 PM

Thank you guys! I am very happy with my experience and what I came home with. Carlton, I think you might be thinking of David A who I think has the letter you mentioned. Hopefully I can see all of you in Chicago next year!

Alan

mr2686 08-04-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aelefson (Post 2248798)

Alan

Oh man that Dodger stamp book was a total steal. Very jealous!