Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Autographed HOF Postcards (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=331851)

Tomman1961 02-18-2023 01:12 PM

Autographed HOF Postcards

A coworker has shown me what are in my opinion legit. I am helping him with the sale. He has about 50. Dimaggio. Foxx. Waner. Feller. Stengel. Gomez. Others. I would like your opinon on the sale. I live 15 miles from JSA. Get the big $ ones authenticated? Then where to go to sell? eBay? Or an auction house?

tlake22 02-19-2023 07:26 AM

Postcards

Sounds like there are some bangers there. Post pics here and we can let ya know if they are good or not. No need to waste money with a third party if they are clearly not good.

Tomman1961 02-19-2023 03:36 PM

Photos

Photos attached.

Tomman1961 02-19-2023 03:51 PM

Photos

6 Attachment(s)
Trying again...

tlake22 02-19-2023 04:37 PM

Foxx

Looking for pics of the Jimmie Foxx

Tomman1961 02-21-2023 05:52 AM

Here is the list the guy sent.

I was actually me that did not want too much $ in the mail. So I chose the Dimaggio and some othere not so expensive: Here's the list as I received it direct:

lucius appling signed both sides vg earl averill front vg james bell top green ink vg david bancroff check with sig vg louis boudrau vg lawrence berra vg earle comrs vg john conlan vg samuel crawford vg vernon gomez singed back vg urban faber vg lloyd waner vg stanley coveleski vg joseph cronin vg max carey vg william dickey vg joe di maggio vg jay dean vg signed both sides robert feller vg frank frisch vg elmer flick vg ford frick vg henry greenberg vg burleigh grimes vg robert groves vg charles genringer vg charles hartnett vg jesse haines vg harry hooper vg waite hoyt vg carl hubbell vg william her man vg william johnson vg george kelly vg sanford koufax vg monford irvin vg theodore lyons vg walter leonard vg joseph mc carthy vg richard marquard vg joseph medwick vg henry manush vg stanley musial vg leroy paige vg edgar rice vg charles ruffing vg edd roush vg warren spann vg charles stengel vg signed back george sisler vg william treey vg harold traynor vg theodore williamsvg signed back zachariah wheatvg lloyd waner vg early wynn vg roy campanella vg james foxx vg signed back 8by10 pics

Kathy062495 02-21-2023 07:34 AM

Look good

I think they all look good. The only one I am not sure about is the Dimaggio.

MooseDog 02-21-2023 08:37 AM

Of the pics you sent those are pretty common, not worth paying for a TPA. Maybe the Stengel under the current $18 special at PSA. Dimaggio looks like his sister's work. Foxx would be a good one if good, gold ones are harder to find than black and white ones. Most of the major auction houses would probably work with you on it.

shelly 02-21-2023 01:15 PM

DiMaggio :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kco 02-23-2023 08:50 AM

Joe D is bad, a lot of them are inexpensive so its likely the bad ones are mixed in. The Foxx is $2k+ easily, he'd also have to only be on an artvue or albertype. Post pics of the Foxx as I own one and I'm curious to see it.

mrreality68 02-24-2023 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kco (Post 2317363)
Joe D is bad, a lot of them are inexpensive so its likely the bad ones are mixed in. The Foxx is $2k+ easily, he'd also have to only be on an artvue or albertype. Post pics of the Foxx as I own one and I'm curious to see it.

I would tend to agree and I would get them checked out to confirm

Some very interesting stuff

Tomman1961 03-12-2023 12:05 PM

Thanks. My co-worker is picking up about 65 HOF plaques and another 25 3 x 5 index cards from a few states away. Closer look at the Dimaggio--I agree--it does not look good. For close to 100 autographs, I am considering recommending to him, to go to an auction house and work with them on authenticity and the sale.