Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Football Dinner at the National - Thursday Evening (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=304802)

jefferyepayne 07-08-2021 07:30 PM

Football Dinner at the National - Thursday Evening

Hey all!

My Vintage Football Community (VFC) forum is hosting a dinner for football collectors / hobbyists on Thursday at the National. Anyone on Net54 interested in talking football, the hobby, or just hanging with other collectors is welcome to attend. We will be passing the hat to pay the bill but it should be pretty reasonable given we are having appetizers, pizza, sides, etc. for dinner.

The National closes at 6pm on Thursday so we are shooting for 6:30 to gather for dinner. We will be eating at:

Moretti's Ristorante & Pizzeria
9519 W Higgins Rd, Rosemont, IL 60018

Moretti's is about 3 miles from the convention center where the Natty will be held so very convenient as well.

Please PM me if interested in attending as we are trying to get a head count for our reservation.

jeff

jefferyepayne 07-17-2021 07:26 AM

Now under two weeks until the Natty. Anyone getting excited? Definitely let me know if you want to join in for pizza. I think we are up to 15-20 hobbyists at this point that are planning to attend.

The more the merrier!

jeff

LuckyLarry 07-17-2021 12:36 PM

Jeff I'll be in Chicago all week and yes I'm excited! I don't think I can make the dinner but thanks for the invite. Hope to see you at the show!
Larry

jefferyepayne 07-17-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyLarry (Post 2123978)
Jeff I'll be in Chicago all week and yes I'm excited! I don't think I can make the dinner but thanks for the invite. Hope to see you at the show!
Larry

Thanks Larry! Sorry you can't make dinner but hopefully we will meet up. Here is my cell number 703-431-2920.

jeff

jefferyepayne 07-23-2021 04:47 AM

The Natty is next week and we are less than a week away from the Football Pizza Dinner my VFC forum is hosting. Please, please, please join us if you are at the National on Thursday and enjoy talking football and eating pizza.

PM me if interested. It will be a fun time! Currently have between 20-25 collectors who have RSVP'ed for the event.

jeff

frankbmd 07-24-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefferyepayne (Post 2125746)
The Natty is next week and we are less than a week away from the Football Pizza Dinner my VFC forum is hosting. Please, please, please join us if you are at the National on Thursday and enjoy talking football and eating pizza.

PM me if interested. It will be a fun time! Currently have between 20-25 collectors who have RSVP'ed for the event.

jeff

Jeff, it looks like you've been losing sleep over this. Take a deep breath and relax.

jefferyepayne 07-24-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbmd (Post 2126372)
Jeff, it looks like you've been losing sleep over this. Take a deep breath and relax.

Not at all. Just trying to drum up more people!

jeff

Chicosbailbonds 07-25-2021 02:38 PM

How did it go? This is the first Chicago national I missed, would have loved to attended this.

jefferyepayne 07-26-2021 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicosbailbonds (Post 2126657)
How did it go? This is the first Chicago national I missed, would have loved to attended this.

The National is this week so our dinner is this Thursday. I'll try to take some photos and post them.

jeff

tuckr1 07-26-2021 02:16 PM

Have fun at the Football Dinner fellas

I won't be attending the National this year, but I am still interested in trading a 35 Chicle complete set for a 52 Topps Mantle. The set avg is VG, Nags is SGC 20 presents super nice.

I am about 2 hours south the Natty if some one wants to meet up for in person trade.

jefferyepayne 07-30-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckr1 (Post 2127116)
I won't be attending the National this year, but I am still interested in trading a 35 Chicle complete set for a 52 Topps Mantle. The set avg is VG, Nags is SGC 20 presents super nice.

I am about 2 hours south the Natty if some one wants to meet up for in person trade.

No hijacking my thread Tucker, LOL.

We had a GREAT pizza dinner last night for those that missed it. 30ish collectors all enjoying football talk with lots of food and drink. Some pack rips as well as some VFC members brought 70s - 90s packs to open. A few HOFers were discovered along with lots of memories.

Fun stuff and already thinking about next year's dinner in AC.

jeff

tuckr1 07-30-2021 09:02 AM

Sorry for the hijack!!

Sorry for the hijack, but was anyone interested in the 35 set!!!! LOL

Sounds like alot of fun and I will have to attend one of these in the future.