Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Live Auctions - Only 2-3 open, per member, at once. (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Gauging interest....reply if you like the idea (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=203609)

scottglevy 03-26-2015 01:31 PM

Gauging interest....reply if you like the idea

All,

Plz respond if you'd be interested in seeing a sale/auction like this and if interest exists - I'll do it.

I have 70+ T206 dupes. Most are in poor-fair but some are trimmed and look 'ex' and a few are genuinely vg or better... and it's a mix of commons, HOFers, SLers and tougher backs.

Was thinking about mixing all the cards together and letting people decide if they wanted to bid on 1 or more randomly selected cards. The price would likely be between $20-25 which reflects about a 20% discount on the AVERAGE value of the cards in the lot.

The part I'm worried about is that I know that some people will get a $10 card while others will get a $50 card.

1. What do y'all think ... should I do it?
2. Should I make the price a bit higher and throw 1 or 2 big cards?

Bpm0014 03-26-2015 01:48 PM

i personally wouldnt bid on "randomly selected" cards. However, I would probably bid on most of them if I knew what I was bidding on. There are quite a few that I need to upgrade and I don't mind trimmed cards at all. Why not just sell them/list them?

PM770 03-26-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottglevy (Post 1394791)
All,

Plz respond if you'd be interested in seeing a sale/auction like this and if interest exists - I'll do it.

I have 70+ T206 dupes. Most are in poor-fair but some are trimmed and look 'ex' and a few are genuinely vg or better... and it's a mix of commons, HOFers, SLers and tougher backs.

Was thinking about mixing all the cards together and letting people decide if they wanted to bid on 1 or more randomly selected cards. The price would likely be between $20-25 which reflects about a 20% discount on the AVERAGE value of the cards in the lot.

The part I'm worried about is that I know that some people will get a $10 card while others will get a $50 card.

1. What do y'all think ... should I do it?
2. Should I make the price a bit higher and throw 1 or 2 big cards?

Are talking about a quasi-"set break"? Or some type of auction in which the card is a mystery (up for bid is card X).

If you are talking about a 70 card T206 "set break" in the $20-25 range, I'd possibly be interested depending on what is available.

bnorth 03-26-2015 01:59 PM

I can't see any way random selected cards would work because there is no transparency and the person paying $25 and getting the $10 card would not be happy.

My opinion would be to just list each card with a price beside it in the T206 BST section.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

scottglevy 03-26-2015 08:12 PM

Thanks for the replies. Yes it's like a duplicates set break. I am going to list them separately for sale on BST pin the near future. Agree w all points - I kinda thought it would be fun to do a mystery sale but too many opportunities for dissappointment.

Stay tuned
SGL