Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PSA asked me not to talk about this! - Video (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=328718)

parkplace33 12-09-2022 08:19 AM

PSA asked me not to talk about this! - Video

Incredible sad video about a recent PSA submission and a missing card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEL7mQLrzfI

Here is your money, but you have to sign a NDA. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Anyone ever deal with this while submitting a card?

bobbyw8469 12-09-2022 08:23 AM

Yes. And I rather not elaborate on anything.

x2drich2000 12-09-2022 08:43 AM

I saw that video this morning as well and the first thing that popped in my head is nothing has changed since PSA lost a board member's T206 Magie years ago.

jimq16415 12-09-2022 08:45 AM

I had a problem with a submission, never mentioned a NDA. PSA just sent me a check, no questions no problems.

FrankWakefield 12-09-2022 09:20 AM

But it isn't "here's your money"... They wanna hold that money and give you credit for future service. A service that you're less likely to appreciate after having gone through that. You'd be a hostage customer.

They should have just given you money back for the lost card, with an apology. And, they should have sent you a prepaid shipping package for returning whatever it was that you shouldn't have received.

bobbyw8469 12-09-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankWakefield (Post 2291889)
But it isn't "here's your money"... They wanna hold that money and give you credit for future service. A service that you're less likely to appreciate after having gone through that. You'd be a hostage customer.

They should have just given you money back for the lost card, with an apology. And, they should have sent you a prepaid shipping package for returning whatever it was that you shouldn't have received.

Sounds like he got money AND vouchers. All I got was money. I can assure you, they did NOT only give him vouchers.

Johnny630 12-09-2022 09:29 AM

I'm sure they will send his orignial card back.

Rhotchkiss 12-09-2022 09:31 AM

Thanks for posting the video.

Because of social media and chat boards (like Net54), customers have a lot more power and ability affect change, for good and bad; this case, its for good, but that is not always the case.

I think its important that us collectors advise each other of both the good and bad things we encounter in the hobby. So, again, thanks for posting

Snowman 12-09-2022 10:26 AM

I'm pretty confident that you can be made whole without having to sign an NDA, but I would assume it will cost you the ability to submit cards to them in the future.

perezfan 12-09-2022 10:36 AM

More "hobby bullying".

I could care less (which, for the record means that I DO care).

steve B 12-09-2022 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 2291895)
I'm sure they will send his orignial card back.

Suuure they will.... My guess is it went to whoever submitted the card he got by mistake, and they can't fix it because the other guy already sold it.

isiahfan 12-09-2022 01:24 PM

As someone who has consulted...led...built...teams and divisions that deal with these types of things I know that CU has spent more $ in FTE hours and bad reputation exposure to this than the $700....makse no sense...but in reality until you slab lovers walk with your $...or they get sued for some serious $....they won't change.

nwobhm 12-09-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkplace33 (Post 2291869)
Incredible sad video about a recent PSA submission and a missing card:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEL7mQLrzfI

Here is your money, but you have to sign a NDA. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Anyone ever deal with this while submitting a card?

Now that your video is done and posted can’t you sign the agreement? The video was previous to the agreement so it doesn’t apply….. correct?

parkplace33 12-09-2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwobhm (Post 2292037)
Now that your video is done and posted can’t you sign the agreement? The video was previous to the agreement so it doesn’t apply….. correct?

This is not my video and not my card.

rgpete 12-09-2022 03:01 PM

This is why I stay away and don't trust grading companies along with the carriers because of this I will keep my cards raw and not take that chance of being damaged or lost by both Its not worth the money.

parkplace33 12-10-2022 07:04 AM

My number 1 question still is what happened to this man’s card? Will he ever know?

bobbyw8469 12-10-2022 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkplace33 (Post 2292291)
My number 1 question still is what happened to this man’s card? Will he ever know?

I have two guesses but I rather not get into it.

ullmandds 12-10-2022 07:30 AM

If I ran my business like this...I'd be OUT of business!!!!

Exhibitman 12-10-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ullmandds (Post 2292302)
If I ran my business like this...I'd be OUT of business!!!!

Me too. This situation illustrates the problem with a monopoly. Now that this guy has ratted out PSA, good luck with ever getting them to take an order from him again. PSA blacklists people who raise a ruckus.

Johnny630 12-10-2022 09:31 AM

Would third Party Insurance Cover the Gentleman for the his declared value on the card since it is not the one he received back ?

raulus 12-10-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 2292350)
Would third Party Insurance Cover the Gentleman for the his declared value on the card since it is not the one he received back ?

Good question!

Part of the fun with 3rd party insurance is you’ve got a deductible. And in this case, the deductible might be higher than the card’s value.

BobC 12-11-2022 12:49 PM

Probably won't go anywhere, but try calling the local police and file a stolen property report. They acknowledged having his card, so they can't deny they had it. Not returning it and/or really telling him what happened to it is not really any different than if they stole it and then denied doing so to him. This BS of requiring someone sign a NDA and giving them vouchers instead of returning their item, or the money they deserve, is to me tantamount to outright theft. The NDA requirement is akin to a form of blackmail as well.

And the NDA requirement keeps all the other people this has happened to before from ever getting together and starting a class action lawsuit against the perpetrator. And we all know that if it were possible, there's at least a few attorneys that would gladly take such a case and go looking for more parties to join such a lawsuit for the eventual payday. :D

parkplace33 12-12-2022 08:54 AM

As a followup, I called my card insurance customer about what I would be covered in this event:

1. If the grading company damaged my card, I would NOT be covered for any lost value.

2. If the grading company lost my card, their claims department would "investigate". So I may be reimburse for the value.

raulus 12-12-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkplace33 (Post 2293141)
As a followup, I called my card insurance customer about what I would be covered in this event:

1. If the grading company damaged my card, I would NOT be covered for any lost value.

2. If the grading company lost my card, their claims department would "investigate". So I may be reimburse for the value.

Awesome. Hopefully you are made whole, one way or the other.

The deductible on my policy is $10,000, so I would probably be out of luck in this case. But it sounds like yours must be lower.

parkplace33 12-12-2022 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raulus (Post 2293278)
Awesome. Hopefully you are made whole, one way or the other.

The deductible on my policy is $10,000, so I would probably be out of luck in this case. But it sounds like yours must be lower.

Just a hypothetical scenario for me. But I am glad I checked with the insurance provider.