Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Yankees Fans - Class Acts as Always....HA! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=318660)

Shoeless Moe 04-24-2022 06:02 AM

Yankees Fans - Class Acts as Always....HA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFffJpUEmNY

Snapolit1 04-24-2022 07:55 AM

Yankees have way more shitbag fans than most franchises. Not the first time this has happened. As a Mets fans I have never seen this at Citifield one time since it opened. So it's not a New York thing. Not sure why this is allowed to persist.

Hxcmilkshake 04-24-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2218216)
Yankees have way more shitbag fans than most franchises. Not the first time this has happened. As a Mets fans I have never seen this at Citifield one time since it opened. So it's not a New York thing. Not sure why this is allowed to persist.

Well, if they have the most fans then it stands to reason that they would have the most bad apples too

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Seven 04-24-2022 08:43 AM

Absolutely classless move by the fans, but lets not pretend that other fanbases don't have more than their fair share of bad eggs. There was that incident of a Giants fan fatally stabbing someone, we've heard the numerous racist taunts by some fans in Boston, casting a wide net on all fans based off a few terrible ones accomplishes nothing. I've been to well over 100+ games at the stadium and something like this never happened.

BobbyStrawberry 04-24-2022 01:01 PM

Of course these bad apples are a minority, but don't forget LA Dodgers fans! I can say without exaggeration that I have actually feared for my physical safety cheering for the visiting team there on more than one occasion.

Jim65 04-25-2022 08:05 AM

I've been to Philly to watch all 3 of my teams play, nothing comes close to those shitbags for abuse, verbal and physical. NY Jets fans are up there too.

Snapolit1 04-25-2022 08:54 AM

I went to Jets pre-season game about 15 years with my son who was about 10. It was the first pre-season game of the year and my buddy had great seats, low down in end zone. A meaningless game where you knew the good QB was going to play 7 minutes. Stadium half full. Right about kickoff some guy around 60 shows up and clearly was a bit of a celebrity in the section. Was hugging people and even kissing their children. Once the game started this guy started up with the most over the top insane stuff I have ever heard at a sporting event. I remember at one point when the action was down near us he started screaming "hey, Referee, I hope your mother gets bone cancer and it's fucking painful . . . " People were laughing at this and I was looking around like are you kidding me. Other times it was screaming about how this player has just got done blowing another player in the locker room and was still wearing some of it. I kid you not. I have no issue hurling curses with the best of them, but this was some over the top -- in front of children, and their parents who were howling like it was the funniest thing they ever heard. Then some girl lifted her shirt up big cheers and I figured it was time to get the check. Craziness.

BobC 04-25-2022 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2218726)
I went to Jets pre-season game about 15 years with my son who was about 10. It was the first pre-season game of the year and my buddy had great seats, low down in end zone. A meaningless game where you knew the good QB was going to play 7 minutes. Stadium half full. Right about kickoff some guy around 60 shows up and clearly was a bit of a celebrity in the section. Was hugging people and even kissing their children. Once the game started this guy started up with the most over the top insane stuff I have ever heard at a sporting event. I remember at one point when the action was down near us he started screaming "hey, Referee, I hope your mother gets bone cancer and it's fucking painful . . . " People were laughing at this and I was looking around like are you kidding me. Other times it was screaming about how this player has just got done blowing another player in the locker room and was still wearing some of it. I kid you not. I have no issue hurling curses with the best of them, but this was some over the top -- in front of children, and their parents who were howling like it was the funniest thing they ever heard. Then some girl lifted her shirt up big cheers and I figured it was time to get the check. Craziness.

Unfortunately, the world is filled with a lot more a-holes like that than you can ever imagine.

irv 04-25-2022 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2218726)

I've seen similar at my son's hockey games, one in particular, where the parents went behind the opposing teams goalie and just started giving it to him.
Yelling, screaming, name calling, the whole gamut.

These same parents, prior to our game, ended up getting into fist to cuffs with other parents. The police were called and a couple arrests were made.

Not saying your situation is the same, but in all the years of my son playing hockey, this group was, by and far, the worst group we had ever experienced. They were all the same and likely all from the same town/village?
Their kids were dirty players as well, out there slew footing, crosschecking, hitting kids from behind, etc, which, after seeing the way their parents conducted themselves, wasn't surprising to see.

D. Bergin 04-25-2022 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irv (Post 2218857)
I've seen similar at my son's hockey games, one in particular, where the parents went behind the opposing teams goalie and just started giving it to him.
Yelling, screaming, name calling, the whole gamut.

These same parents, prior to our game, ended up getting into fist to cuffs with other parents. The police were called and a couple arrests were made.

Not saying your situation is the same, but in all the years of my son playing hockey, this group was, by and far, the worst group we had ever experienced. They were all the same and likely all from the same town/village?
Their kids were dirty players as well, out there slew footing, crosschecking, hitting kids from behind, etc, which, after seeing the way their parents conducted themselves, wasn't surprising to see.

Sounds like a bunch of de-gens from upcountry.

;)