Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Question to ebay sellers about offers to watchers (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=313072)

whiteymet 01-03-2022 11:04 PM

Question to ebay sellers about offers to watchers

Hi All:

I seldom sell on ebay thus my question.

When you send an offer to watchers of your item, I assume ebay does not allow you to see the ebay handle of the people the offers are sent to is this correct?

Secondly if a watcher replies to your offer either as a rejection or a counter offer do you then see the ebay handle of those that reply?

Thanks in advance for answers

isiahfan 01-03-2022 11:45 PM

I think

From my experience after you send an offer on "send offer eligible" items...you can after the fact see the partial IDs of those that the offers went to when you go to the item and click on "manage offers"....You can see a couple of the letters..i.e... j***k (456)...which may be enough to know the buyer/watcher if you are familiar with their name/feedback #. Hope this helps.

Jcosta19 01-04-2022 08:43 AM

If they counter offer you can then see their full ID.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

whiteymet 01-04-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcosta19 (Post 2181910)
If they counter offer you can then see their full ID.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Thanks.

What if they decline? Can you see their full ID?

benge610 01-04-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 2181823)
Hi All:

I seldom sell on ebay thus my question.

When you send an offer to watchers of your item, I assume ebay does not allow you to see the ebay handle of the people the offers are sent to is this correct?

Secondly if a watcher replies to your offer either as a rejection or a counter offer do you then see the ebay handle of those that reply?

Thanks in advance for answers

A follow up Q:
If I have 5 watchers; send offer out; only 1 watcher ("interested", as eBay puts it), got the offer sent to them.
Anyone know what eBay uses as criteria for only sending one offer out?
Thanks in advance,
Ben

rand1com 01-04-2022 09:49 AM

The offer goes to all watchers who have not been previously sent an offer. If you have not sent any offers on an item, all watchers should get the offer based on my experience.

Rarely does anyone accept the offer at least on my offers sent.

benge610 01-04-2022 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rand1com (Post 2181939)
The offer goes to all watchers who have not been previously sent an offer. If you have not sent any offers on an item, all watchers should get the offer based on my experience.

Thank you Randy.
I get it now; and my experience fits your scenario; the item has been up a long time; offers were sent out before.
Cool, thanks.
Ben

bnorth 01-04-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Same here on the offers I have sent out. On the flip side I watch a lot of stuff I have no intention buying.

luciobar1980 01-04-2022 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2181964)
Same here on the offers I have sent out. On the flip side I watch a lot of stuff I have no intention buying.

Exactly. It's really annoying actually. I don't want these unsolicited offers.

D. Bergin 01-04-2022 11:20 AM

I'm glad for the offers. I've bought a lot of stuff I put on my watch list and pulled the trigger when I got an offer.

It almost seems like some sellers will send out a lower offer, within a day after you add an item to your watch list. Sometimes I'll see something I like and put it in my watchlist, hoping to get a better offer from the seller. Unless it's something in high demand and I'm not dying to have it, there's no reason to buy it right away.

benge610 01-04-2022 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 2181977)
I'm glad for the offers. I've bought a lot of stuff I put on my watch list and pulled the trigger when I got an offer.

It almost seems like some sellers will send out a lower offer, within a day after you add an item to your watch list. Sometimes I'll see something I like and put it in my watchlist, hoping to get a better offer from the seller. Unless it's something in high demand and I'm not dying to have it, there's no reason to buy it right away.

I love it when the seller keeps "counter offers" open, when sending the offer.
I sometimes will send a low ball offer, expecting to settle somewhere in between; and the counter just got accepted. It can be quite fun with the "counter" door is kept open.
Ben

JollyElm 01-04-2022 02:12 PM

283. Shodification
An offer sent to you by an eBayer which is only a tiny, insignificant reduction of his original listing price.

BCauley 01-04-2022 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 (Post 2181971)
Exactly. It's really annoying actually. I don't want these unsolicited offers.

When I've been watching items I don't really mind the random offer coming in but what DOES get annoying is when I even LOOK at a listing (not watching it either) and ebay themselves sends me emails over the course of the next two weeks letting me know that it's ending soon, the price was lowered, seller added best offer option, or ended but here's another!

I'm not in marketing at all but I'd be curious to know how often that stuff works. I imagine much more than I think otherwise they wouldn't do it at all.

JustinD 01-04-2022 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D. Bergin (Post 2181977)

Same here, it has gotten to the point where I now place a good quantity of items that do not have offers available in my watchlist and wait. I often will ignore any offers and remove it from the list if I am sent something like a 3 or 5 percent discount. If I was dead interested that close to the price I would have bought already. I take that as a note that the seller is happy to overprice my set value and I am wasting time.

Stampsfan 01-05-2022 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCauley (Post 2182060)
When I've been watching items I don't really mind the random offer coming in but what DOES get annoying is when I even LOOK at a listing (not watching it either) and ebay themselves sends me emails over the course of the next two weeks letting me know that it's ending soon, the price was lowered, seller added best offer option, or ended but here's another!

100% agree. I get these emails and I wonder "Is this something I am watching?" if I don't read it closely.

If I am not watching it, it's likely in a condition I am not interested in, the shipping is exorbitant, or I've got some other reason to not save it.

Smanzari 01-05-2022 09:32 AM

Quote:

Wow. 60-70% of my sales are from offers. I do send them as soon as I am able/see it though (I think they go away when the interested party buys something in their "session")

mrreality68 01-05-2022 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2182046)
283. Shodification
An offer sent to you by an eBayer which is only a tiny, insignificant reduction of his original listing price.

Spot on Darren

benge610 01-05-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smanzari (Post 2182289)
Wow. 60-70% of my sales are from offers. I do send them as soon as I am able/see it though (I think they go away when the interested party buys something in their "session")

Thank you Stefan for saying. It's just my personal pref. but most of my watchlist consists of things that I may be interested in, once I get better flow (i.e. net54 or eBay items "pop", etc.); because the hobby itch must be supported by hobby sales $$$; wife sanctioned, lol. Some open auction items may on it for comps; when the gavel drops.

I appreciate when a seller allows "Counter Offer" when sending out their offer; I try to do the same with my sales. It helps both parties, in my opinion, to get a better read on closing a deal.

Ben

tschock 01-05-2022 01:32 PM

I don't mind the offers coming from the sellers. In fact I just bought something I was looking at where the seller sent one of those offers at 40% off his listed price, which I grabbed.

What I loathe are the 'we thought you might be interested in' offers from ebay for items that are just barely remotely related to what I was watching/bidding on.

Snowman 01-05-2022 03:58 PM

I've had decent success with selling cards via offers. Probably between 5 to 10% of the cards I send offers for get accepted. I imagine that number would be higher too if I were selling cheaper cards.

Ultimately, it's all about pricing though (that and good pics). If you're looking for the highest possible comp you can find and expecting to sell at or above that price, good luck. But if you price them fairly, and in line with multiple recent sales, it will sell.

53toppscollector 01-06-2022 01:49 PM

When I was selling a decent amount on ebay, I always sent offers out when I had the option. I priced my cards at the top end of what I thought was fair, given the grade and eye appeal. I'd send the offer at a discount to that price, at an amount I'd be perfectly happy accepting. If the seller countered at a price I felt was close, I would attempt to work out a deal.

ASF123 01-06-2022 05:47 PM

Add me to the list of buyers who appreciates an offer (with more than like a 5% discount from the original price), especially one that allows a counter. That tells me that the seller is actually interested in coming to an agreement. I would say that for cards I'm actually interested in (as opposed to ones I'm just watching to see if they sell), the majority of the time I've received offers that allow counters, we've been able to work out a deal.