Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   T210 prices realized on the Bay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=116437)

tbob 10-01-2009 12:43 PM

T210 prices realized on the Bay

Maybe more collectors are discovering the Old Mill cards but for whatever reason the prices of T210s are really escalating on eBay. I realize Series 4, 6 and 7 cards are very tough but can someone explain why Series 1 and 2 cards are also going up so fast? I'm just glad I picked up cards from those series' a couple of years ago when nice vgexs were available for $25-30. I saw one go on ebay the other day in vgex for close to $100! Ouch.
I guess one theory may also be that caramel cards have completely dried up, especially E94s and E98s so collectors are turning to alternative sets. :confused:

Potomac Yank 10-01-2009 02:19 PM

tbob, here's my take .....

I'm going to enjoy watching the re-sellers struggle to match what they paid.

I hope the new batch of museum curators really needed them. :)

Bill Stone 10-01-2009 02:22 PM

I think you are right about the prices. Judging by the interest on this board I think we have just experienced what happens when there are many more active buyers. A few key cards in Series 2 have seen prices seriously increase and I think Series 6 especially has gone through the roof. So all of you with a few T-210 cards laying around --get them to market now and cash in on the interest!

FrankWakefield 10-02-2009 06:59 AM

TBob, if the one you saw near $100 was the card of the Norfolk Tars first baseman, Robert Chandler, then it was me that bid that card up... I think it would have sold for about $60 if I'd stayed out of it. But it had that great pose similar to Jack Dunn's vertical T206, so I bid him up a bit.

Still, I agree, T210s are selling for more these days. There's still some significant fluctuations, sometimes a card goes for way too much, other times it is almost stolen. T210 prices lack the stability of other old sets...

mybuddyinc 10-02-2009 12:17 PM

Just checked the ol' spread sheet.
I put together my 12 Sav. players for an average of $31.54/card. ;) Dat t'ain't happen'n no more ....... :mad:

tbob 10-02-2009 03:31 PM

It's funny because so many people take a shot at the aesthetics of the set having black and white pictures and appearing "flat" and "dull." I wonder why this set has taken off like this?
Maybe if we can get a few of us to post about the beautiful aesthetics of the E91 and strip card sets, collectors will move toward those sets and leave the T210s alone :D

Potomac Yank 10-02-2009 03:43 PM

Erratic times .....

Folks, these are erratic times, not to be confused with erotic.

Unless you need the card from that set very badly, don't be the one left holding the over priced bag. ..... :D

TT40391 10-02-2009 05:53 PM

I agree with frank

I agree with frank that card prices are subject to flux. I collect series 6 and I bought the Yancey on ebay last month for 75.00 dollars and it was psa 3.5 and I just purchased two other T210's from a board member that arrived today and it cost me 275.00 for the pair, or course they are in very good shape though. So that is a good example right there about the madness. The psa 3.5 should have went a lot higher in my opinion as the other two are ungraded.

tony

DixieBaseball 10-02-2009 09:01 PM

PSA 3.5 Yancey

Hey Tony,

I was going to bid on that Yancey and was going to bid about $125 or so... Really Nice card - I was kicking myself for letting that slide by... I forget to bid about once a quarter, so I am good for missing 4 sweet cards a year. It drives me nuts, so I guess I should consider a snipe service, but I kinda snipe myself at the last second and enjoy it.

TT40391 10-05-2009 10:46 AM

I here that Jeremy

I understand that completely. I have done that several times myself where I see a card and think I just let it slide by and then you don't see another one for months. I was kicking myself for not bidding higher on 1915 cracker jack ed cicotte a few years back and now there is one on ebay again, maybe I won't let it slide this time and get into some real bidding on it. I usually just collect T210 series 6's but there was always something about that particular card I really liked.

Tony

tbob 10-05-2009 11:43 AM

I echo the sentiments of a fellow poster that I hope these cards aren't being won by someone who intends to flip them down the road because with the prices they are currently going for, it may be a losing proposition. I know how tough Series 6,7 and 8 cards but I still think the most undervalued series is 4.