Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sirius sports cards (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=307026)

poytor 08-25-2021 11:28 PM

Sirius sports cards

Looking for a little help here. I have been trying to get in contact with anyone at Sirius Sports Cards without any luck. I have sent emails and no response, I have called their number but their message box is full. Does anyone know how to reach them outside of their listed email and phone number?

brianp-beme 08-26-2021 01:04 AM

There was a previous thread about this very issue...not much help, but at least you know you are not being singled out.

https://net54baseball.com/showthread...ghlight=sirius

Seems to be Seriously unresolved issue with Sirius.

Brian

mrreality68 08-26-2021 07:10 AM

Good Luck

And patience

jayshum 08-26-2021 08:02 AM

If you find a way that works, please let everyone else know what it is.

JustinD 08-26-2021 09:03 AM

I was never successful, just glad I paid with paypal because they would not respond to them either so I was refunded.

Lesson learned.

riggs336 08-26-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2138467)
If you find a way that works, please let everyone else know what it is.

I've posted this before, but I emailed Auction Report and told them one of their advertisers was unresponsive and that it reflected poorly on them (Auction Report). The AH contacted me the next day.

insrman 08-26-2021 10:06 AM

No one answers...You do not even get a copy of the back of the card.

No one answers...You do not even get a copy of the back of the card.
However, I have purchased often and had no issues.

Bram99 08-26-2021 02:04 PM

same here

I have bought from them for years, always had good luck with what I purchased, no problems.

But I have never ever been able to contact a single person there when I have tried.

It has to be deliberate in their business model - it cannot be an oversight.

mrreality68 08-27-2021 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bram99 (Post 2138583)
I have bought from them for years, always had good luck with what I purchased, no problems.

But I have never ever been able to contact a single person there when I have tried.

+1 agreed

Johnny630 08-27-2021 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bram99 (Post 2138583)

Agree he always ships promptly. He is one of the few good guys in the AH Business along with Scott, REA, Sterling, LOT ect I’m sure I’m missing a few buy these are the first that come to mind.

rugbymarine 08-28-2021 07:33 AM

I won 2 lots in the auction that ended on 7/29/2021. I've bid before, but that's the first time I've won cards in a Sirius auction.

I mailed a check the following Monday (8/2/2021). Cards shipped about a week after that, and arrived to me with no issues.

The odd part is that my check wasn't deposited. I sent a message through the 'Contact Us' area of their website to confirm that the payment was received. Unlike most of the feedback here, I got a response the next day saying the check would be deposited soon.

I've never had anyone (eBay, auction house, etc..) send me a card before payment was 'confirmed', but I have zero complaints on their communication and how soon they shipped the cards.

jayshum 08-28-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 2138992)
Agree he always ships promptly. He is one of the few good guys in the AH Business along with Scott, REA, Sterling, LOT ect I’m sure I’m missing a few buy these are the first that come to mind.

He may ship promptly, but not sure I would include him on a list of good guys in the AH business since all the ones you listed actually respond to questions in a timely manner. That's a big part of running an AH since it helps the consigner get better prices since bidders are more likely to bid more on a card if they have their questions about it answered.

parkplace33 12-28-2021 04:11 PM

Customer service is severely lacking.

jayshum 12-28-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkplace33 (Post 2179597)
Customer service is severely lacking.

Just curious what happened. Did you try to contact and get no response like others (myself included) posted or something else?

Johnny630 12-28-2021 05:37 PM

Sadly I had to give up :-( . Last Tuesday I emailed, texted, called, sent a message through the website and email along with a phone call with no answer, call back, or email response back, nothing. I’m working on a high grade 1965 Topps Set and was trying to obtain a back scan to the card I was interested in bidding on for my set. I even followed up a second time via email requesting a picture of the back scan.....sadly still nothing. I’ve spent thousands of dollars with this AH over the past few years, it’s sad but I’ve learned my lesson. Never again.

Peter_Spaeth 12-28-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 2179626)
Sadly I had to give up :-( . Last Tuesday I emailed, texted, called, sent a message through the website and email along with a phone call with no answer, call back, or email response back, nothing. I’m working on a high grade 1965 Topps Set and was trying to obtain a back scan to the card I was interested in bidding on for my set. I even followed up a second time via email requesting a picture of the back scan.....sadly still nothing. I’ve spent thousands of dollars with this AH over the past few years, it’s sad but I’ve learned my lesson. Never again.

As I've said before, leave a message that you have 500K of cards you're looking to consign.

cgjackson222 12-28-2021 05:48 PM

I agree with Peter. The chance of them responding is higher if you raise the urgency above wanting to see the back a card.

They have responded to me in the past via their sirius@smart.net email, but it wasn't until I started to get a little aggressive in my tone.

jayshum 12-28-2021 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgjackson222 (Post 2179631)
I agree with Peter. The chance of them responding is higher if you raise the urgency above wanting to see the back a card.

They have responded to me in the past via their sirius@smart.net email, but it wasn't until I started to get a little aggressive in my tone.

I'm not sure what you mean by "get a little aggressive in my tone." The card I was trying to get a back scan of was graded PSA 3 MC, but the front looked fine so I wanted to see the back. It was a Leaf Newhouser which sold for under $2K. I didn't want to bid that high without seeing the back. If they aren't willing to respond to emails asking about a higher priced card, I'm not interested in bidding with them again, and I certainly wouldn't consign anything with them since there are many other AHs that I know offer superior customer service instead of potentially costing consigners money by not providing information about cards they have in an auction.

cgjackson222 12-28-2021 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2179642)
I'm not sure what you mean by "get a little aggressive in my tone." The card I was trying to get a back scan of was graded PSA 3 MC, but the front looked fine so I wanted to see the back. It was a Leaf Newhouser which sold for under $2K. I didn't want to bid that high without seeing the back. If they aren't willing to respond to emails asking about a higher priced card, I'm not interested in bidding with them again, and I certainly wouldn't consign anything with them since there are many other AHs that I know offer superior customer service instead of potentially costing consigners money by not providing information about cards they have in an auction.

I agree that they should post a picture of the back of the card, and it is definitely one of my pet peeves when backs aren't shown. And you shouldn't have to repeatedly email them for a response. When I say I got a little aggressive in my language, I mean that I was openly calling them out for being unrespodive in their communications. It wasn't until I vented my frustrations with them over email that they responded. Could have just been a coincidence. I suppose if more people took a stand against purchasing through them because they don't list the backs of the cards (even after requests), they would be forced to do so.

jayshum 12-28-2021 06:31 PM

It looks like most (if not all) of the cards they have in their auctions are graded so I guess that's why they don't routinely post the back of the card. Unless the card is lower grade or has a qualifier, you can usually figure that the back is clean so I'm sure it saves a lot of time to only post the front.

Hunt Auctions only posts the front of cards routinely, but I have contacted them multiple times asking for pictures of card backs, and they have always responded and sent them to me. That is the level of customer service I would expect from any AH.

aconte 12-28-2021 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2179630)
As I've said before, leave a message that you have 500K of cards you're looking to consign.

Don't bet on it. The best solution to the poor service is to do what I did.
I stopped consigning, bidding, and therefore buying from them. All is good
now!

Peter_Spaeth 12-28-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aconte (Post 2179670)
Don't bet on it. The best solution to the poor service is to do what I did.
I stopped consigning, bidding, and therefore buying from them. All is good
now!

So someone has poor service, and as a result you deny yourself cards they might have that you want. Doesn't sound very productive to me.:eek:

Aquarian Sports Cards 12-28-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2179642)
I'm not sure what you mean by "get a little aggressive in my tone." The card I was trying to get a back scan of was graded PSA 3 MC, but the front looked fine so I wanted to see the back. It was a Leaf Newhouser which sold for under $2K.

We have one coming up soon. You won't even have to ask for a back picture :D

parkplace33 12-29-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2179622)
Just curious what happened. Did you try to contact and get no response like others (myself included) posted or something else?

Prior experiences. I will leave it at that.

Johnny630 12-29-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2179630)

That’s so funny yet so true !

“Cards don’t trump all, Money trumps all”.

TaxMechanick 12-29-2021 10:49 AM

Sirius Sports Cards

Customer service does mean something... it does count in my eyes...
If I have a question, and I get no response; and I wait a few days and try again and get no response, I just do not bid...
I know that may be viewed as easy for me to to say, but I stand by it... and, I recently had that situation with another Auction House.

Glenn

Johnny630 12-30-2021 02:58 AM

Update.

I received a back scan via email of the card last night.

Neal 12-30-2021 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2179679)
So someone has poor service, and as a result you deny yourself cards they might have that you want. Doesn't sound very productive to me.:eek:

Do not cross your T ....

jayshum 12-30-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny630 (Post 2180031)
Update.

I received a back scan via email of the card last night.

Wow, that's hard to believe, but I'm glad you actually got a response. It would be nice to know what the secret to your success was.

Johnny630 12-30-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2180092)
Wow, that's hard to believe, but I'm glad you actually got a response. It would be nice to know what the secret to your success was.

I will say it was very nice to get a reply with the back scan prior to the end of the auction.

All I did was send a message via the website last Tuesday along with a couple follow up emails later in the week and a text message requesting same.

55koufax 12-30-2021 01:50 PM

Sirius

I have posted info on them b4 - perhaps a different thread?

Anyway, I have utilized them extensively as a buyer and seller since they commenced DAY ONE.

They are kind of a poor man's auction site. Their fees are considerably less than others. Their service therefore (IMO) is considerably less than others. That said, for the past two years during the pandemic, their service is the same as most others.

Do not bother calling them - you will never get an answer or be able to leave a message that is retrieved.

Do EMAIL them. Generally, they do not respond within a reasonable time frame. If you email them multiple times on the same front, you might get an answer swifter.

I do know one of the principals name is Michael. Do not know his last name. He has personally assisted me multiple times over the years. That said, you must be extremely patient.

I think their service is excellent. I have never had one error and this goes back over ten years with buying in every auction, and consigning 500+ slabs annually. They payout about 4-6 weeks after auction's end. Never had one of their checks come back.

Hope this helps: As a collector of mostly 1950s thru 1980 baseball, football and basketball I feel Sirius is perfect for selling lower value cards. They capture reasonable hammer prices and their fees are low. Generally speaking, I sell mostly slabs with a value of $100 or less with them and have always realized my bottom line NET on these is much greater than eBay, or PWCC, etc.

jgannon 12-30-2021 07:04 PM

They're a good dealer. I once had to contact them and it took me a couple of times to get a response. But they've always been solid with me.

Flintboy 12-30-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgannon (Post 2180341)
They're a good dealer. I once had to contact them and it took me a couple of times to get a response. But they've always been solid with me.

If you’re selling an item and it takes multiple requests to get a simple answer, how is that being a good dealer? I call that very poor customer service.

jgannon 12-31-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintboy (Post 2180405)
If you’re selling an item and it takes multiple requests to get a simple answer, how is that being a good dealer? I call that very poor customer service.

They are a good dealer in that they sell great cards at fair prices. They didn't get back to me immediately, but they did get back. Ideally you would want as fast a response as possible. I'm not saying their customer service is great. But my experience with them has been that they are great sellers, and there has been no overall need to contact them in the first place.

55koufax 12-31-2021 12:11 PM

Agree with Gannon

Their customer service is excellent, except in communication. i would grade them a D- on that front, but solid B and above on every other front.