Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   HOF Satchel Paige framing project completed (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=286887)

Scott Garner 08-01-2020 02:03 PM

HOF Satchel Paige framing project completed

4 Attachment(s)
About a year ago I picked up a beautiful vintage signed Satchel Paige album page with the thought that I would someday do something cool in a framed piece with Satchel Paige tickets and a great looking earlier Paige photo.
I have shown this album page before.

About a month ago I found a historic 1st game ticket to the Bob Feller All Stars vs. Satchel Paige All Star barnstorming tour in 1946.

10 years ago I picked up a vintage KC Monarchs ticket stub that was incorporated into the project.

While doing a search on ebay a couple of weeks ago I found the image that I have been looking for of Satch rocking his KC Monarch uniform.

Satchel Paige claimed to hurl 55 no-hitters in his professional career including two that are on record in the negro leagues.
He needed to be up on my office wall...:cool::)

I just brought it home from the framer today.
I hope you like the final product as much as I do. Check it out!

Shoeless Moe 08-01-2020 02:06 PM

As Max the butler would say about Mrs. H

"She's gorgeous"

71buc 08-01-2020 03:15 PM

Beautiful, well done Scott

baseball tourist 08-01-2020 04:40 PM

Looks great!

Snapolit1 08-01-2020 04:54 PM

Awesome.
I know most people on the board are all about cards, but in my book nothing -- nothing -- is better and more satisfying than creating something like this that didn't exist until you put it together.
Kudos. What a piece.

Lordstan 08-01-2020 05:58 PM

That looks fantastic. Very well done.
I love a nicely framed display.
Congrats. It should look awesome hanging on your wall

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jimjim 08-01-2020 07:34 PM

Nice Scott!

icollectDCsports 08-01-2020 10:29 PM

Stunning. Fantastic job!

mr2686 08-02-2020 06:08 AM

Outstanding!

doug.goodman 08-02-2020 05:28 PM

Love it!

perezfan 08-02-2020 06:36 PM

Looks beautiful, Scott....

A classy and visually stunning job. A quick question....

How did you adhere the two tickets to the red matting? I'm always curious how people do this without compromising the pieces themselves.

Thanks and congrats!

Scott Garner 08-02-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2005356)
Looks beautiful, Scott....

A classy and visually stunning job. A quick question....

How did you adhere the two tickets to the red matting? I'm always curious how people do this without compromising the pieces themselves.

Thanks and congrats!

Hi Mark,
Thanks & hope you are well.
Good question.
No adhesives & all materials used are archival.
The framer wedges the ticket between plastic and the red matting.
They could potentially be shaken loose, but no chance of that because they are already hanging.

Topnotchsy 08-02-2020 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Scott - the frame, the big auto, the tickets. Everything about the piece came out fantastic.

In my humble opinion, you gotta have a barnstorming program somewhere nearby that ticket. (Not offering up this one lol, but they aren't particularly rare. If interested, I know a board member who has one you could potentially work a deal for.)

There are people with rare items, and there are people that have nice framed pieces, but it's rare to see both come together in a single item.

Well done!

Scott Garner 08-03-2020 03:35 AM

Thanks to everyone that posted with such positive responses to the Satchel framing project. :D

Like all items that get framed around here, it was a labor of love.
I'm sure most or all of you can relate to having a limited amount of wall space to dedicate to items that are framed. I tend to put only the projects that move me the most in frames that go into my personal office.
Each one is special for a particular reason and this Satch is no exception.

Jeff, I would love to display the Bob Feller Barnstorming program that you shared next to the Satchel piece, but unfortunately no room to do so....

perezfan 08-03-2020 10:06 AM

I can relate, Scott...

Ever since I ran out of wall space, I have to really scrutinize whether it's worth it to even consider adding a new piece. If something new comes into the collection, something else has gotta go. So the new piece had better be something special (just like your Paige ensemble).

Bumpus Jones 08-03-2020 12:58 PM

Looks terrific Scott!

daves_resale_shop 08-03-2020 02:59 PM

Beautiful

Looks awesome Scott! Congrats!

Lordstan 08-03-2020 04:17 PM

You guys are amateurs. Don't stop buying stuff, just build more walls

insidethewrapper 08-03-2020 05:20 PM

I need to get a few items framed , what can I expect to pay ( price range ) ? Before I go out to get estimates I need an idea of price ? Any information is appreciated ( type of glass etc ).

Your item looks great !!!!

Scott Garner 08-03-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidethewrapper (Post 2005640)
I need to get a few items framed , what can I expect to pay ( price range ) ? Before I go out to get estimates I need an idea of price ? Any information is appreciated ( type of glass etc ).

Your item looks great !!!!

Thank you.
My framing job was $216 including tax, but it really varies on a number of things. The size of the frame, what kind of frame, what kind of matting, etc.
I used UV glass and all archival type materials in my project.
My frame was 21" x 15".
I hope you find this helpful.

mr2686 08-04-2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordstan (Post 2005619)
You guys are amateurs. Don't stop buying stuff, just build more walls

LOL...well, I can only build "UP", and the amount of wall space I would need might cause a problem with the FAA. :eek:

Scott Garner 08-04-2020 08:08 AM

[quote=lordstan;2005619]you guys are amateurs. Don't stop buying stuff, just build more walls[/quote

LOL :D