Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Forever Thread topics -alway come up every once in awhile (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=332095)

1952boyntoncollector 02-24-2023 11:34 AM

Forever Thread topics -alway come up every once in awhile

I had a thread about Net54 speak and its a little bit like this but this is about common thread topics that we keep seeing over and over

'Prices are falling'- someone posts this and just watches how people fire away with their own agenda

Auction house recent sales were strong- someone hoping their cards go up wants to hear positive things..

SGC sales are just as good as PSA- the SGC lovers say this then the PSA people start citing past sales.

Is this auto real?- no it isnt...

Im leaving the hobby - please talk me out of it..

Covid is good or bad- Fun to see people argue

Tell me how to make money selling and buying cards/collections- I dont care if you make a living already doing this, tell me all your secrets.. i want to know how to make money and take it out of your pocket.. tell me exactly what to buy and sell so i can make money because of course everyone wants to help in that..

Should seller keep their sell price on net 54 after its sold- I always comment on that one usually, it always get me!

Which super card should i buy?- I cant affored any of them...

Should i buy this card in a crazy third party holder KSA or whatever, will PSA grade it the same...of course i am buying the card for 70% then what the PSA grade would sell for----- no it wont grade the same..

Jim65 02-24-2023 12:03 PM

"I know nothing about autographs, is this autograph real?"

"No, sorry, its fake"

"You don't know what you're talking about, my uncle's mailman's landscaper would never lie to me"

bnorth 02-24-2023 01:12 PM

I know nothing about cards, then makes serious lowball offer on your cards.

When deal is reached they pay with PP account linked to the card shop they own/work at.

Similar one is when selling asking crazy high pricing because they don't know anything about cards. Then when you make a trade plus cash offer they lowball you with every low sold price on the internet for your card.

It is amazing how many people say they know nothing about the hobby when negotiating that really work at/own card shops/AHs.

butchie_t 02-24-2023 01:28 PM

I have this great card in an xxx holder, I want to cross it over to a yyy holder, think it will get the same grade or better? -- Freaking NO.

I just got my card back from yyy company and they downgraded my card!!!! What can I do?? -- learn from the errors in your ways and soon you will know the ways of the card grading force.

Should I cross over a card or send it to them raw?

1952boyntoncollector 02-25-2023 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2317781)

When deal is reached they pay with PP account linked to the card shop they own/work at.

Similar one is when selling asking crazy high pricing because they don't know anything about cards. Then when you make a trade plus cash offer they lowball you with every low sold price on the internet for your card.

It is amazing how many people say they know nothing about the hobby when negotiating that really work at/own card shops/AHs.

if someone tells me they dont know nothing about the hobby, its a red flag as they will ask for so much so they dont make a 'mistake' or just a lie...i just dont even bother trying.. . plus doesnt feel right to try to deal with someone who says that if talking any real money......

1952boyntoncollector 02-25-2023 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2317781)

if someone tells me they dont know nothing about the hobby, its a red flag as they will ask for so much so they dont make a 'mistake' or just a lie...i just dont even bother trying.. . plus doesnt feel right to try to deal with someone who says that if talking any real money......