Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1955 All Americans (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=330976)

Michiganeer 01-30-2023 09:19 AM

1955 All Americans

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on here and would like to know if anyone has any 55 Topps All-American football cards that I am set building.

Looking forward to spending some time on this site.

Thank you,
Joe

G1911 01-30-2023 05:15 PM

Love the All-Americans. I am up to 89/100 on my raw any-grade set, but the ones I need are the more expensive ones, of course. Probably deep enough in that I should start seriously hunting for those. Great design, great images, and the classic big size that lets the images pop.

My only beef with the set is the imaginary SP's that cost more, even though they aren't SP's.

Michiganeer 01-30-2023 06:55 PM

Let me know if you are looking for the 4 horseman card.
Like you said there are 5 - 6 cards that are very expensive.

G1911 01-30-2023 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michiganeer (Post 2309616)
Let me know if you are looking for the 4 horseman card.
Like you said there are 5 - 6 cards that are very expensive.

I'm missing these 11:
6 Niles Kinnick
16 Knute Rockne
27 Red Grange
28 Mel Hein
34 Davey O'Brien
35 Tom Harmon
37 Jim Thorpe
38 Amos Alonzo Stagg
68 Four Horsemen
97 Don Hutson
100 "Fats" Henry (what a nickname to have!)

I don't have either of the two reversed bio back variations either. Definitely looking for a 1-2 range card on the big ones, but a few of these are still pretty easy and I've just been patient. How deep into the set are you?

jefferyepayne 01-31-2023 04:56 PM

I love this set! While I mostly collect raw football cards, I made an exception for this set and put together a graded set just for the fun of it. Also working on an autographed version of the set too!

Are you looking for raw or graded cards? What general grade?

jeff

sb1 02-05-2023 04:27 PM

I have quite a few really nice raw cards, mostly commons, but a few better in the lot. Left over from the breakup of two complete sets.

PM with ones you need and an email address where I can send scans.

Scott

Wisztradamous 02-28-2023 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jefferyepayne (Post 2309868)
I love this set! While I mostly collect raw football cards, I made an exception for this set and put together a graded set just for the fun of it. Also working on an autographed version of the set too!

Are you looking for raw or graded cards? What general grade?

jeff

I have the Bill Dudley Auto that is BGS I believe.

Wisztradamous 02-28-2023 01:31 AM

1955 Topps All-Americans

Okay, so I have several sets and several hundred extras. This is by far my favorite set and I actually build more sets rather than starting a different one lol.

I am working on a PSA 7+ graded set now and will be parting ways with 1-2 sets. However, I have some of the big names in pretty bad condition and some of the other stars in pretty good condition, and all in between of all conditions.

Ultimately looking to condense into a higher graded set.

PM me with if anyone of you all are still looking and lastly, if anyone has any PSA 7 (or better) cards they want to move. I would be interested if I need them.

Thanks

Wisztradamous 02-28-2023 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michiganeer (Post 2309437)
Hello Everyone,

I'm new on here and would like to know if anyone has any 55 Topps All-American football cards that I am set building.

Looking forward to spending some time on this site.

Thank you,
Joe

Hey Joe, I have a lot of extras. PM me with your list and what condition you're looking for on each.

Thanks