Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Trying to find out info on this Dodgers picture montage (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=325097)

kemdawg 09-19-2022 12:52 PM

Trying to find out info on this Dodgers picture montage

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I purchased this picture a couple months ago and have so many questions on this. Specifically, I'm not sure what it is (some sort of camera roll?)?

Also, I'm curious about the event these pictures are of. Here is what I know:

- The pic in Column 3 / Row 3 is of Sandy Koufax holding holding his Cy Young award from 1966
- The pic in Column 2 / Row 1 is of Rick Reichart (on the right). I can only make out the last name of the gentleman in the middle: "Nancy" (I can't quite make out the first name, but it looks like "Palo" or something close)
- Rick Reichart is also in the pic on Column 1 Row 1 as well as Column 1 Row 4
- The pic in Column 2 / Row 2 looks like Bill Rigney (left side)

Does anyone know any of the other people portrayed here? Again, I'm also curious about the nature of the event itself. Any help would be greatly appreicated!
Travis

bcookie 09-19-2022 01:17 PM

looks to me as if it is a page from a pick you photo type of album.. take the album to the Dodgers after the event and they can order prints of the photos based on the picture number.

Chris Counts 09-19-2022 05:48 PM

If you make a good scan, you might be able to read a few of those name tags. The only guy that looks familiar to me other than Koufax is Bill Rigney, who was the Angels' manager at the time.

bobw 09-19-2022 06:44 PM

Contact Sheet

I believe it is a contact sheet....you place the negatives on undeveloped paper, expose it and you can see what the images look like. Usually the images are quite sharp... I used to do it when I had some large format baseball negatives.

Looks like California Angels

#10, 16 Rick Reichardt #12 w/ Rocky Bridges
11, 13, 14 Marcelino Lopez
15 Bill Rigney
17, 18 Bobby Knoop

19 Looks SO SO familiar

whiteymet 09-19-2022 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobw (Post 2265415)
I believe it is a contact sheet....you place the negatives on undeveloped paper, expose it and you can see what the images look like. Usually the images are quite sharp... I used to do it when I had some large format baseball negatives.

Looks like California Angels

#10, 16 Rick Reichardt #12 w/ Rocky Bridges
11, 13, 14 Marcelino Lopez
15 Bill Rigney
17, 18 Bobby Knoop

19 Looks SO SO familiar

Agree with Bob above, plus some additions

16 Reichardt with Fred Haney

15 Rigney with Buzzy Bavasi

Knoop with Koufax

19 Jack Spring??

bobw 09-19-2022 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteymet (Post 2265435)
Agree with Bob above, plus some additions

16 Reichardt with Fred Haney

15 Rigney with Buzzy Bavasi

Knoop with Koufax

19 Jack Spring??

Here's a wild thought.....does that look like Steve Dalkowski (without glasses) with Reichardt in #10? Dalkowski was 5'11" and Reichardt was 6'3" and seems to be squatting down in the image. He was in the Angels organization in 1965.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2a24d5e4_b.jpg

EddieP 09-19-2022 11:30 PM

Interesting thread.

kemdawg 09-20-2022 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobw (Post 2265449)
Here's a wild thought.....does that look like Steve Dalkowski (without glasses) with Reichardt in #10? Dalkowski was 5'11" and Reichardt was 6'3" and seems to be squatting down in the image. He was in the Angels organization in 1965.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2a24d5e4_b.jpg

It sure does look like Dalkowski from the picture you posted.

I did use my loupe on the name tags and really couldn't make anything out except what I posted originally. However, in picture 15, I can sort of make out some letters on the older gentleman's name tag. His first name is either Bazzle or Buzzie. The last name is harder to make out, but definitely starts with a "B." His last name is six letters in total. My best guess is it starts with "BAV" but can't tell for sure.

I wonder why so many California Angels plus Sandy Koufax? I did buy this photo in a memorabilia shop just outside LA so I think it's safe to say this was an LA event after the 1966 season (again, Koufax is holding the 1966 Cy Young trophy).

bobw 09-20-2022 08:48 AM

Buzzie Bavasi

"I did use my loupe on the name tags and really couldn't make anything out except what I posted originally. However, in picture 15, I can sort of make out some letters on the older gentleman's name tag. His first name is either Bazzle or Buzzie. The last name is harder to make out, but definitely starts with a "B." His last name is six letters in total. My best guess is it starts with "BAV" but can't tell for sure."

Fred ID'ed him above as Buzzie Bavasi, GM of the Dodgers

EddieP 09-20-2022 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kemdawg (Post 2265538)
It sure does look like Dalkowski from the picture you posted.

I did use my loupe on the name tags and really couldn't make anything out except what I posted originally. However, in picture 15, I can sort of make out some letters on the older gentleman's name tag. His first name is either Bazzle or Buzzie. The last name is harder to make out, but definitely starts with a "B." His last name is six letters in total. My best guess is it starts with "BAV" but can't tell for sure.

To my untrained eye obe of those guys looks like Buzzie Bavasi

kemdawg 09-20-2022 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieP (Post 2265544)
To my untrained eye obe of those guys looks like Buzzie Bavasi

Yes, I missed that. That looks accurate to me.

whitehse 09-21-2022 07:49 PM

Reichardt is very active on Facebook and could probably provide a great deal of information on this. I would reach out to him and ask as he does talk baseball with fans.

kemdawg 09-25-2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitehse (Post 2266250)
Reichardt is very active on Facebook and could probably provide a great deal of information on this. I would reach out to him and ask as he does talk baseball with fans.

This is super helpful. I just reached out to him on Facebook. I'll let you know if/when he responds.