Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   App for tracking card values (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=317269)

zoomfest 03-27-2022 02:34 PM

App for tracking card values

All -

Apologies, as I am sure that this topic has been discussed prior, but I couldn't find such a thread in my search. Anyway, any recommendations on an app to track card values of your inventory and related relevant data? I have exclusively vintage cards and the apps that I have tried seem challenged to find appropriate values. Many of the cards come back with a zero value, despite paying thousands for the card, because it cant find a sale in whatever limited window and source it accesses.

Thanks in advance.

hcv123 03-27-2022 05:03 PM

Not sure about an app, but.....

If your collection has cards that are thinly publicly traded then I suspect there would be no good way for an app to estimate value.

Peter_Spaeth 03-27-2022 05:15 PM

Best info you are going to get is from VCP or in the case of more frequently traded cards with lots of PSA examples the PSA website.

Snowman 03-28-2022 09:47 PM

You can track some cards with the Card Ladder app, which you have to subscribe to if you want to use it. I have a subscription and I think it's a useful tool and fairly easy to use. But there is much it doesn't track. VCP is the best resource for sales data history, but they don't have a tool for tracking one's collection (yet).

PSA recently acquired Card Ladder, and they are planning to grow the population of cards in the database there exponentially as they add more manpower to the team, so it is likely to greatly improve in the not too distant future. If you could combine the database from VCP with the front end of Card Ladder, then that would be a really cool app to have.

Nat, if you're listening... VCP is just a phone call away... You can do it! :)

BobbyVCP 03-29-2022 05:19 AM

[QUOTE=VCP is the best resource for sales data history, but they don't have a tool for tracking one's collection (yet).

[/QUOTE]

We have had My Collection on VCP since we started almost 16 years ago. Along with a Want List.

timzcardz 03-29-2022 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyVCP (Post 2209941)
We have had My Collection on VCP since we started almost 16 years ago. Along with a Want List.

I read Snowman's post and thought that you did.

I've been a subscriber, but never used that aspect of it.

In an effort to get more organized, I think that maybe I should, so thanks for the reminder.

Baseballcrazy62 03-29-2022 12:04 PM

Vcp!

mrreality68 03-29-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 2209946)
I read Snowman's post and thought that you did.

I've been a subscriber, but never used that aspect of it.

In an effort to get more organized, I think that maybe I should, so thanks for the reminder.

+1 agreed and I love that want list feature and the notifications it gives especially if it is a rarer or harder to find card