Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How to get PSA to reduce POP (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=221878)

1952boyntoncollector 05-02-2016 10:18 AM

How to get PSA to reduce POP

If someone has all of a certain card and wants to destroy 95% of them to ensure the 'destroyed' cards no longer find their way onto the market place.(and ease the new bidders' mind).

has anyone heard of someone getting PSA to reduce to POP.....taking video of the destroyed cards in their holders being burned for example may not be trustworthy...have you heard of people just sending in the cards to PSA and advising them to destroy them and remove them from POP?

if there were 50 cards of a common card for example and is a POP 50 which is selling for 30 dollars a card ....and a common card in the same set that has a POP 5 for example that is selling for $1000.....you would think that if you got 45 cards destroyed in what was once a POP 50.....then the remaining 5 cards could be in the $1000 range.... (i not asking the merits of whether its worth it and running the math)

Im just asking is a procedure that ensures the POP will be reduced by PSA and whether there is a methodology someone used in the past.....

Yes i will also ask PSA...but you know how that can go.. and no the Baritrome guy didnt ask me to post this

anyway....just food for thought...

pokerplyr80 05-02-2016 11:07 AM

Mail in the flip and it will be removed from the population report.

No need to destroy the cards.

Peter_Spaeth 05-02-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1534465)
Mail in the flip and it will be removed from the population report.

No need to destroy the cards.

That may not accomplish Jake's objective because the cards could still be holdered again.

1952boyntoncollector 05-02-2016 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1534471)
That may not accomplish Jake's objective because the cards could still be holdered again.

right but i dont think PSA really cares about that point and now that i think about it , what would they care.....as long as they are removed from the POP thats fine...who knows how many raw cards are out there when people bid on low POP cards from cards in the 1930s-early 50s..bidders dont appear to care...they only care about what is graded...if its not graded it doesnt exist it appears..

begsu1013 05-02-2016 01:13 PM

an asteroid the size of texas should do the trick.

Rookiemonster 05-02-2016 02:25 PM

I wonder how many cards pops are already over the actual pop in existence due to resubmitting and cross submitting.

clydepepper 05-02-2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookiemonster (Post 1534560)
I wonder how many cards pops are already over the actual pop in existence due to resubmitting and cross submitting.

How 'bout a 1-of-1 that's listed twice. The numbskull previous owner of my Allegeheny Mathewson resubmitted. The 'brainiac' had a '6' and the resubmission came back as a '5'.

I think that should be adjusted down as it is the only one and I will NEVER resubmit it. I may decide to contact PSA about this but I'm not sure it would do any good.

pokerplyr80 05-02-2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

All of them would be my guess.

Rookiemonster 05-02-2016 07:44 PM

Lol maybe not all of them at least not yet.im not sure of the player your talking about. But what set is the card from Clyde ?

1952boyntoncollector 05-02-2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

when it comes to the super high end cards.which are the top condition for the best sets ...there isnt resubmitting...like a psa 8 hank aaron topps hank aaron..i really doubt they were removed from a holder for an attempt at an 9....and any reviews that turn an 8 into a 9 are accounted for on pop

KCRfan1 05-02-2016 09:25 PM

I didn't know that Jesse. Good to know that PSA will update reports with flips.

clydepepper 05-03-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookiemonster (Post 1534681)
Lol maybe not all of them at least not yet.im not sure of the player your talking about. But what set is the card from Clyde ?

If by 'Clyde;, you mean me, it's the 1904 Allegheny Card Co. test set of which only that test set is known.

-Raymond Culpepper aka 'clydepepper'

sbfinley 05-03-2016 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1534446)
If someone has all of a certain card and wants to destroy 95% of them to ensure the 'destroyed' cards no longer find their way onto the market place.(and ease the new bidders' mind).

Go..ah..you.. I can't even...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1534727)
when it comes to the super high end cards.which are the top condition for the best sets ...there isnt resubmitting...like a psa 8 hank aaron topps hank aaron..i really doubt they were removed from a holder for an attempt at an 9....and any reviews that turn an 8 into a 9 are accounted for on pop

This happens a whole lot more than you'd think.

Rookiemonster 05-03-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clydepepper (Post 1534848)
If by 'Clyde;, you mean me, it's the 1904 Allegheny Card Co. test set of which only that test set is known.

-Raymond Culpepper aka 'clydepepper'

Lol sorry Raymond . Wow weeeee!!! No wonder I've never heard of it

pokerplyr80 05-03-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector (Post 1534727)

Im sure some of the SGC and BVG 9s used to be PSA 7s or 8s at one point. Before the huge value difference between PSA and SGC it was probably even more common to go back and forth. If one grading company crosses a card I doubt the flip is sent back to the other and the pop report is inflated. I don't have any stats to back this up but it seems reasonable this is the case with most cards.

1952boyntoncollector 05-04-2016 06:07 AM

right but for many sets 7s and 8s are are pretty much worthless..i woudl be talking about those 9s..when 10s is like a pop 5 and 9s are a pop 40 for the specific card...there could only be max 5 'ghost' 9s out there that were converted to 10s pretty much...and thats assuming all 10s used to be 9s......and i know there could be a few cross grades but you get my drift...

the 2nd highest echelon where the highest of the high echelons are POP 5 or less than there really wont be many cards unaccounted for in the 2nd highest echelon.....now there may be a bunch of 4-8s that have be resubmitted but thats a different story..

Also i was told that SGC does report to PSA when they get cross grades to advise PSA to remove the card from their POP....but who knows if that happens