Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bourbon nonsense thread Please post (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=341194)

Beercan collector 10-06-2023 09:48 PM

Bourbon nonsense thread Please post

1 Attachment(s)
Little Book chapter 7
This bottle Tastes like Watermelon jolly ranchers and diet root beer ,
Highly recommended 🙂

Beercan collector 12-26-2023 02:02 PM

Craziest bourbon raffle I’ve ever seen

2 Attachment(s)
They had multiples of a bunch of them ,
A dozen 10 year michters and six of the toasted rye ,
Six Parkers rye , Half a dozen stagg jr ,
4 10 year old fitz , 24 twice barreled jd ryes ,
Probably 20 eagle rare and more than 20 Blantons .
Plus singles of about a dozen impossible bottles .
And I won NOTHING
Probably 150 bottles I would’ve been happy with ,
Had 19 tickets and I was finally the 270 th ticket called
- All that was left was larceny 923 and a bunch of buffalo trace

Deertick 12-26-2023 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beercan collector (Post 2378863)
Little Book chapter 7
This bottle Tastes like Watermelon jolly ranchers and diet root beer ,
Highly recommended 🙂

I've never tasted a bottle before. How's the whiskey? :D

Beercan collector 02-11-2024 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ready for the Stupor Bowl

Wihawk 02-11-2024 12:39 PM

Nice, I see some there I've never tried. Enjoy. I'm down to Makers Mark 46 and Basil Hayden for bourbon but also have Scotch!

Beercan collector 08-01-2024 11:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My thread didn’t take like I hoped 😬 but will try again.
Hoping for Recommendations etc.
Some recent pickups , of course disco 11 and EC 923 are excellent.
Will try the Smokeye probably tomorrow .

bnorth 08-01-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beercan collector (Post 2451550)
My thread didn’t take like I hoped 😬 but will try again.
Hoping for Recommendations etc.
Some recent pickups , of course disco 11 and EC 923 are excellent.
Will try the Smokeye probably tomorrow .

Recommendation would be to switch to Cognac.:D

On a serious note let us know if you like them. I gave that up 30 years ago but sip a shot glass of something ever few years.

Beercan collector 08-01-2024 12:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2451551)
Recommendation would be to switch to Cognac.:D

On a serious note let us know if you like them. I gave that up 30 years ago but sip a shot glass of something ever few years.

Thanks for the reply , if anyone stumbles across the Elijah Craig C923
I recommend picking it up (any bourbon drinking friend would be grateful) it was about $69 in mid Missouri .

Found something interesting about my Remus Babe Ruth .
They made 10,624 bottles one for each Babe Ruth at bats my bottle is 6075 apparently you can scan a QR code on the back to find out what he did on that at bat (!)
Unfortunately I’m computer ignorant

Beercan collector 08-01-2024 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol

butchie_t 08-01-2024 02:01 PM

How does one go about selling a Jack Daniels 125th Anniversary Decanter. And, yes it is full and unopened. No box though.

B.T.

bnorth 08-01-2024 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butchie_t (Post 2451577)
How does one go about selling a Jack Daniels 125th Anniversary Decanter. And, yes it is full and unopened. No box though.

B.T.

Sell to a friend. Otherwise in most places you have to use a broker/licensed dealer as it is illegal to sell/ship alcohol.

butchie_t 08-01-2024 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2451578)
Sell to a friend. Otherwise in most places you have to use a broker/licensed dealer as it is illegal to sell/ship alcohol.

Thanks Ben.

B.T.

bnorth 08-01-2024 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butchie_t (Post 2451609)
Thanks Ben.

B.T.

It is a lot of the producers that keep these laws active. Here in South Dakota we finally got it changed so we can have small amounts of alcohol shipped to your residence. As example you couldn't join a wine of the month club until a couple years ago. How the sale/distribution of alcohol works is crazy.

butchie_t 08-01-2024 05:34 PM

Understood, I just don’t know that process If I was to go down that path. I have seen a couple listings for the 125 Anniversary decanter and was somewhat intrigued as to what I might be able to get for it.

I’m looking to fund a hobby (ham radio) purchase and it looks as though if I was to come across an interested buyer, I would end up with a nice return on the sale.

B.T.

bnorth 08-01-2024 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butchie_t (Post 2451651)
Understood, I just don’t know that process If I was to go down that path. I have seen a couple listings for the 125 Anniversary decanter and was somewhat intrigued as to what I might be able to get for it.

I’m looking to fund a hobby (ham radio) purchase and it looks as though if I was to come across an interested buyer, I would end up with a nice return on the sale.

B.T.

Nice, good luck finding a buyer and getting the ham radio.:)

These laws have been changing a lot over the last few years. It would be best to just find the actual laws in your area. I brought back a really cool single malt Jack Daniels bottle/decanter not sure actual name that was shaped like a motorcycle with a side car from Europe for a friend about a decade ago.

whodey14 08-01-2024 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beercan collector (Post 2451569)
Thanks for the reply , if anyone stumbles across the Elijah Craig C923
I recommend picking it up (any bourbon drinking friend would be grateful) it was about $69 in mid Missouri .

Found something interesting about my Remus Babe Ruth .
They made 10,624 bottles one for each Babe Ruth at bats my bottle is 6075 apparently you can scan a QR code on the back to find out what he did on that at bat (!)
Unfortunately I’m computer ignorant

I'm not a drinker but have you ever looked into the life of George Remus? Quite the read.

Poor immigrant from Germany that grew up in Chicago. He later became a lawyer and pioneered the transitory insanity plea. Moved to Cincinnati after prohibition seeing the wealth bootleggers he was defending in court had amassed. Bought up distilleries and sold legal medicinal booze that he'd heist in order to bootleg for more money. After producing more than he could get away with he was charged and spent a couple years in prison. While in prison they placed an undercover inside to befriend him. Once aware of his level of success he quit and courted Remus' wife. She had POA and took everything he had leaving him $100 upon release. Remus ends up killing his wife on the way to their divorce hearing on the street with many witnesses in Cincinnati. In no time he was found guilty with a plea of temporary insanity and given a short stint in an asylum before getting out.

Tried to keep that short and sweet and based off memory. Look it up to get the exact facts but that should be the cliff notes.

Beercan collector 08-02-2024 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whodey14 (Post 2451667)
I'm not a drinker but have you ever looked into the life of George Remus? Quite the read.

Poor immigrant from Germany that grew up in Chicago. He later became a lawyer and pioneered the transitory insanity plea. Moved to Cincinnati after prohibition seeing the wealth bootleggers he was defending in court had amassed. Bought up distilleries and sold legal medicinal booze that he'd heist in order to bootleg for more money. After producing more than he could get away with he was charged and spent a couple years in prison. While in prison they placed an undercover inside to befriend him. Once aware of his level of success he quit and courted Remus' wife. She had POA and took everything he had leaving him $100 upon release. Remus ends up killing his wife on the way to their divorce hearing on the street with many witnesses in Cincinnati. In no time he was found guilty with a plea of temporary insanity and given a short stint in an asylum before getting out.

Tried to keep that short and sweet and based off memory. Look it up to get the exact facts but that should be the cliff notes.

wow You would think that guy would’ve been in prison all the time