Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Site Issues & Maintenance - Update 2/14/21 Site Down 7pm CST (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=296771)

Leon 02-09-2021 01:22 PM

Site Issues & Maintenance - Update 2/14/21 Site Down 7pm CST

** Update 2/14/21
I didn't really want to have to bump this thread again (or again :)) but since we have been down a few times, for several minutes, today and over the last 3- 4 days I want to give a quick update. We will be trying to move servers once again. We will be down a few hours again. If things don't go the way we want them to we will restore back to this server and will know that much more. Thanks for everyone's patience. Sorry for the short notice too.

As all know we have been going through some hiccups lately with the site going down. Tomorrow evening, 2-10-21, we are moving servers and upgrading some software. As such the site will be down at approximately 7pm CST for maintenance. It will be offline for 1-2 hours.
That time was picked to have the hosting companies most senior tech do the work. I have known him for years and he is good....but not always there. :) That is the reason for the less than opportune time to do an upgrade. It's a calculated call. This is the first thing that has to be done to address the issues. Hopefully (knock on wood) it will be the last thing. Also we are going from a cloud sever to a physical server. Thanks for everyone's patience. There will be a 50% discount on all membership fees because of the issues :).

https://luckeycards.com/m116johnson.jpg

Bocabirdman 02-09-2021 01:26 PM

Don't be cheap, Leon.....Only 50%? Geez..........

timzcardz 02-09-2021 02:25 PM

You can't just unilaterally pull this chit without also providing a suggestion list of other things to do!

It's just not right!

I'll be stuck talking to my wife!

Blackie 02-10-2021 04:42 AM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by timzcardz (Post 2066394)
You can't just unilaterally pull this chit without also providing a suggestion list of other things to do!

It's just not right!

carlsonjok 02-10-2021 06:43 AM

Quote:

It's just not right!

I was about to say the same thing, but then I realized there would be someone else in the conversation that would have it worse.

nolemmings 02-10-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

It's just not right!

Tell her you've got a net54 zoom meeting of great importance (that would be redundant), then sit in front of the computer and let her hear you talking. Actually, that might not be a bad idea.

Leon 02-10-2021 08:55 PM

Well, we tried. :)
Had some s/w compatibility issues so will have to try again in several days. We knew this could happen. :(

buymycards 02-11-2021 12:50 PM

Site

That worked out well for me. My internet was down from yesterday evening until noon today, so I didn't miss anything on Net54.

Leon 02-12-2021 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
bumped for top post update.....

And to answer a previous question of how I figure out cards to show in random threads, there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. They are just an odd or end from the current collection.

Leon 02-14-2021 05:16 PM

Bump for new update, 2-4 21, in top post.

mr2686 02-14-2021 05:25 PM

OK, but only if we get 75% off. LOL
Seriously, thanks for keeping this a great place to play.

Leon 02-14-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2686 (Post 2068620)
OK, but only if we get 75% off. LOL
Seriously, thanks for keeping this a great place to play.

My pleasure, Bob. Knock on wood but we are on a different sever and updated s/w. Still some more work to do but we hope this fixes the issues we have been having recently.