Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sorry if I caused any problems..... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=64755)

Archive 03-01-2004 03:55 PM

Sorry if I caused any problems.....

Posted By: <b>Scarecrow</b><p>I sure didn't mean to. I realize now the the thread I started (psa vs gai) is a topic that was quite often discussed on previous threads. <BR>Most of the people that answered my question were extremely helpful in me making my decision on which grading company I should invest my money with. Once again , Thank you. By the way, I choose PSA.<BR><BR>Like I stated in my original thread, I am a newbie to Vintage cards. I have been a lurker and a previous poster to the forum, however my previous post were much simpler in contrast. Stll I think it is important that Newbies, lurkers and the curious are able to post, what might be "beaten to death" questions. To a newbie, such as I, it was an important question and yes, it did refer to Vintage cards but more importantly, by asking this question I gained the help that I was seeking, which I believe is the purpose of this forum, Isn't it?<BR><BR>I now know about the search function and how to navigate the site better. I look forward to become a regular poster on the site once I gain more experience. Thanks.<BR>

Archive 03-01-2004 04:51 PM

Posted By: <b>tim</b><p>nice to hear from ya,,,i am glad you got your question answered....<BR><BR>i am hopeful new posters can post here with being afraid,,,,<BR><BR>i can say everyone has been really nice to me...<BR><BR>i agree with the previous posters that it is important to introduce yourself, and get to know others in our group, just as you would mingle in a party,,,<BR><BR>no one likes the drunk guy that bursts in the room telling of color jokes,,,<BR>( I am not saying this was what you did, just an example)<BR><BR>i hope you don't wait to post until you learn your way around,,,post now,,,we will help you.,,,.<BR><BR>good luck, and welcome<BR><BR>the apology is appreciated and I am sure you will find many nice friends here,,,trust me when I say this,,,some of the brightest minds in our hobby post here, we are very lucky...

Archive 03-01-2004 10:38 PM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Your question and the way you asked it was prefectly acceptable. No one is upset with you for bring up the topic. What isn't acceptable is anonymous posters making personal attacks and unwilling to indentify themselves for fear of someone stalking them or wanting to steal their collection. <BR><BR>We are very friendly group, and I like the analogy of the drrunk at a party. You don't go spouting off when you don't know anyone. There are no real hard a fast rules. All we ask is a little common courtesy and common sense and if you value privacy, then don't go shooting your mouth off and attacking people personally if you aren't willing to identify yourself.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 03-02-2004 07:24 AM

Posted By: <b>s.slacks</b><p>Jay wrote: &lt;&lt;and attacking people personally if you aren't willing to identify yourself.&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I would amend that rule to say that even if you identify yourself you shouldn't attack people personally.<BR><BR>And, in the off chance you're referring to me, go ahead and find where I attacked MW personally. You won't find it, because it didn't happen. The attacks and name calling, the misidentification, and wild accusations came from the other side. I stuck to the issue, as admittedly boring as it got.<BR>

Archive 03-02-2004 08:34 AM

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>For someone that wants to be anonymous, you sure do have a funny way of showing it. If you want to remain anonymous, then act like it.<BR><BR>Jay