Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Die cut player Assembly on eBay (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=92486)

Archive 03-13-2009 05:43 AM

Die cut player Assembly on eBay

Posted By: <b>Bob Manning</b><p>Any interest in this? Anybody know what players from N172 might be involved? Mainly, is this OUR HolyGrailCollector, or some outland impostor? Great stuff!<br><br><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=230329683622&amp;i h=013&amp;category=31718&amp;_trksid=p4012.m8&amp; _trkparms=algo%3DMW%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D20%26po%3D LCA%26ps%3D4" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=230329683622&amp;i h=013&amp;category=31718&amp;_trksid=p4012.m8&amp; _trkparms=algo%3DMW%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D20%26po%3D LCA%26ps%3D4</a>

Archive 03-13-2009 06:11 AM

Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>to 'OUT' an auction before it's over.......<br><br>Other than that.....the individual figures are pretty common but a still-connected piece is tougher. I've seen the whole sheet of 10 in sheet form a LONG time ago. Nice piece though........<br>

Archive 03-13-2009 07:24 AM

Posted By: <b>Bob Manning</b><p>to keep the auction secret? Ah... So the Midnight Shoppers can find what nobody else has seen, and keep both competition and prices down. Or maybe it's frowned upon in the same way your mother told you never to fart in an elevator.<br><br>Whatever. Me, I like open markets and pungent elevators.<br><br>B

Archive 03-13-2009 07:28 AM

Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br><br>Bob-<br><br>Well you have company, Frank is right there with you.

Archive 03-13-2009 07:45 AM

Posted By: <b>Michael</b><p>Do you really think people will not see an auction listed in:<br>Sports Mem, Cards &amp; Fan Shop &gt; Cards &gt; Baseball-MLB &gt; Singles (Pre-1930)

Archive 03-13-2009 09:03 AM

Posted By: <b>hrbaker</b><p>So that was you Bob.

Archive 03-13-2009 09:12 AM

Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br>Michael<br><br>I realize most everyone may see this auction. I just don't get a thread starter of &quot;any interest in this?&quot; Unless you have a tie-in with the auction itself why would you ask if there is any interest in a live auction? I can't understand why folks can't wait until an auction is over to ask about the material or comment on the ending price.<br><br><br>I know...every one is on one side or the other about this..nothing going to change. <br><br>By the way, I had no interest in this auction and have no plans to go after it..so it's not a matter helping me out.

Archive 03-13-2009 09:15 AM

Posted By: <b>Steve F</b><p>&quot;Do you really think people will not see an auction listed in: <br>Sports Mem, Cards &amp; Fan Shop &gt; Cards &gt; Baseball-MLB &gt; Singles (Pre-1930)&quot;<br><br>I missed it... Whew, thanks for the headsup perfessor, snipe's set!<br><br>

Archive 03-13-2009 09:48 AM

Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>And if it's in the right category I doubt anyone will be damaged by the &quot;out&quot;. <br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive 03-13-2009 10:06 AM

Posted By: <b>James Gallo</b><p>Nice cards, as far as I know these are all generic players and not suposed to be anyone specific. I stopped chassing them after SGC stopped grading them (I think they will grade them again now but at a higher price).<br><br>I have seen a few like this in the short time I have noticed them. Considering the age I think there are more unused like this then I would have expected.<br><br>Neat items, but because of the lack of players they are not very valuable or highly collected IMO.<br><br>James G<br><br>Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.

Archive 03-13-2009 11:06 AM

Posted By: <b>Shawn</b><p>Bob Manning,<br><br>Is there any way you can give me a discount on the shipping if I win this auction?<br><br>Are you going to be selling any other items like this? If so, I would love to see what you have via email.<br><br>Thanks again for a great Ebay auction!<br><br>Shawn

Archive 03-13-2009 11:13 AM

Posted By: <b>Dave F</b><p><br><br>Are you kidding? Is this Bob's ebay account?

Archive 03-13-2009 11:30 AM

Posted By: <b>leon</b><p>If this is Bob's auction then I think he and I will be talking.....<br><br>Bob- is this auction yours? <br><br>edited to add...NO, this is not Bob's auction...I just checked....

Archive 03-13-2009 11:48 AM

Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p>I don't think <i>anyone</i> would post information about <i> his or her own</i> eBay auction while the auction was still live. The only reason people post about eBay auctions that are ongoing is to share or solicit valuable information -- and of course help ensure that all sellers will get fair market value for their cards.

Archive 03-13-2009 11:57 AM

Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>Auction either. What bothers me even more is the 'pungent elevators' comment. I mean, come on......<br>

Archive 03-13-2009 12:34 PM

Posted By: <b>Tim Sanders</b><p>I don't really care about the outing but I must add that an elevator is no place to &quot;Bring the Noise&quot;!!!!

Archive 03-13-2009 12:37 PM

Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>the funk.......

Archive 03-13-2009 04:28 PM

Posted By: <b>dennis</b><p>when you &quot;out&quot; an auction it is free advertising for that seller. it could be a friend/relative etc., so i think it should be nixed. unless it's too funny!

Archive 03-13-2009 05:34 PM

Posted By: <b>Bob Manning</b><p>Gents:<br><br>It's not my auction. I don't know whose it is. I'm not bidding in it because I have no interest in the item being sold. But I hadn't seen anything like it before and wondered if anyone else had.<br><br>Sorry about the fart.<br><br>B

Archive 03-13-2009 05:36 PM

Posted By: <b>Rob D.</b><p>Dennis,<br><br>I don't think <i>anyone</i> would post information about <i>his or her own</i> eBay auction while the auction was still live. The only reason people post about eBay auctions that are ongoing is to share or solicit valuable information -- and of course help ensure that all sellers will get fair market value for their cards.