Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   sold 2 antique 19th century KENTUCKY LONG RIFLES + 4 OTHER antique rifles (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=245376)

megalimey 09-26-2017 08:18 AM

sold 2 antique 19th century KENTUCKY LONG RIFLES + 4 OTHER antique rifles

11 Attachment(s)
sold 2 antique 19th century KENTUCKY LONG RIFLES + 4 OTHER antique rifles
these were from an estate sale in South Florida .
I am not an expert but this is the information I have been given or what is on the rifles

there are two kentucky / ohio/ philidelphia long rifles , Blonde wood both from the 1800's these measure over 52 inches long , they are complete
one has a full length wood stock one has a half length wood stock both have little compartments on the butt end and brass embellishments , both have hexagon barrels, one I cannot find any markings , but the other one has
.....DDLE & Co Philadelphia , the front part of the name has worn away , it seems these are the ones that have the most interest
There is a "ZULA" which is marked on the barrel its Black Very Long Rifle over a 100 years old 51 inches long single bolt action fires a very large round ,
then there is an Late 1800's Hungarian Percussion Rifle[/B] with Ram Rod has Hungarian Markings 34 " long

next is a 22 rifle on the barrel it has made By the "Hopinks and Allen MFG Co also has Merwin Hulbert and CC Junior" it measure 37" long SCOUT regular lever action . not sure how old it is but supposedly pre WWI

finally a Double Barrel stage coach shot gun has wells fargo agent badge this part is a replica
but gun is an original Double barrel measures 35 inches there is a word "STERLING " etched near trigger on both sides.

cannot seem to get a real idea what they are worth
one guy asked me to ship the six rifles to him out of state Philli , he wanted to give me a 40% deposit and balance once delivered not to comfortable with that . I really would like to get some one local to possible buy them , but I obviously cannot advertise on craigs list , Gun Broker asks to put a price I SOLD

buymycards 09-26-2017 03:21 PM

Hi

Hi David, your biggest problem is going to getting these shipped.

https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/...-UPS-and-FedEx

UPS and Fed Ex will only ship firearms from one licensed dealer to another licensed dealer.

You can ship them through the Postal Service, but there are a lot of rules if you are not a licensed dealer. You will have to ship them by Express Mail or by Registered Mail. I would guess you would be looking at $400 or more to get these shipped.

I wish I lived closer to Florida (I am in Wisconsin). I would meet you somewhere.

Good luck! Rick

megalimey 09-26-2017 03:41 PM

these are antique considered pre 1899

Quote:

Originally Posted by buymycards (Post 1704654)
Hi David, your biggest problem is going to getting these shipped.

https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/...-UPS-and-FedEx

UPS and Fed Ex will only ship firearms from one licensed dealer to another licensed dealer.

You can ship them through the Postal Service, but there are a lot of rules if you are not a licensed dealer. You will have to ship them by Express Mail or by Registered Mail. I would guess you would be looking at $400 or more to get these shipped.

I wish I lived closer to Florida (I am in Wisconsin). I would meet you somewhere.

Good luck! Rick

Rick according to this web page
and if i use the same criteria as this company I can ship these
and a few years ago I had two old muskets that I sold to some one in New York , shipped them fedx Ground , no indication of contents , they arrived safe and sound ,

here is the verbiage from this company
considers all of our antique guns as non-firing, inoperable and/or inert. Title 18, U.S. Code, Section 921(a)(16) defines antique firearms as all guns made prior to 1899. This law exempts antique firearms from any form of gun control or special engineering because they are not legally considered firearms. No FFL, C&R or any license is required to posses, transport, sell or trade Antique guns. All rifles and muskets sold by IMA that were manufactured prior to 1898 are considered Antiques by the US BATF (United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms). Therefore, all of IMA's Antique guns may be shipped to all US States and most nations around the world.

These antique guns are not sold in “live” condition. They are sold as collector’s items or as “wall hangers”. Any attempt at restoring an antique gun to be operational is strongly discouraged and is done so at the risk of the customer. By purchasing an antique gun from IMA you thereby release IMA, its employees and corporate officers from any and all liability associated with use of our Antique guns..

charlietheexterminator 09-27-2017 02:20 PM

Hi David,

The 5 antique handguns arrived safe and sound. Excellent job with the packing. They look better in person and your description was accurate.