Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sweet Caporal (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=79935)

Archive 01-27-2006 06:20 PM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>Ben</b><p>For my birthday a couple months ago, a neighbor who is an antique collector gave me four sweet caporal cards, that were in tobacco packs in the early 1900's. <br /><br />People usually associate these with baseball players, but on mine, they are all fish, such as pike, perch and pompano. Can anyone tell me the value of these? They give a tidbit of information on the back, and call them the fish series from either 1 to 100 or 1 to 50.<br /><br /> <br /><br /><br />

Archive 01-27-2006 06:22 PM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>Jon Canfield</b><p>Please take in mind that the condition of the cards do matter, but I would guess they are worth about $5.00 each.

Archive 01-27-2006 07:48 PM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Show me the people paying $5 each for these cards. I have 5 or 6 sitting around and have offered the group with starting bid of $4.99 for all of them and haven't gotten a single bid. The A&G version might be worth $5 each, but not the Sweet Cap/ATC cards.<br /><br />Jay<br /><br />I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive 01-27-2006 11:02 PM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>fkw</b><p>The fish set is called T58, there are 100 different. Found with Sweet Caporal, Soverign, Piedmont, etc. Same 1910 era as the T205, T206 cards. Most sell for a dollar or two on eBay. there are actually 2 different Pompano cards in set.

Archive 01-27-2006 11:57 PM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>Martin Neal</b><p>I have purchased them in the past. I will try to pick up a lot for an average of less than a dollar a piece. They make great x-mas presents presented in an old frame especially for someone who lives near the coast.

Archive 01-28-2006 09:17 AM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Talk about splitting hairs.<br /><br /><br />1.00 - "a guess" 5.00<br /><br /><br />No good deed goes unpunished.<br /><br /><br />Steve

Archive 01-28-2006 09:56 AM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Only difference is the decimal place when guessing the value is $500 when the market is really $100. That's not exactly splitting hairs. For some of use, the difference between $1 and $5 is very real and not hair splitting. If it isn't to you, I'll galdly trade you any number of $1 bills for an equal number of $5 bills from you.<br /><br />Jay<br /><br />I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Archive 01-28-2006 11:09 AM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>I'm sure you would. <br /><br />So would I.<br /><br />Steve

Archive 01-28-2006 11:14 AM

Sweet Caporal

Posted By: <b>Steve</b><p>Btw Great analogy.<br /><br />Steve