Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Frustrated with USPS tracking? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=293627)

yanksfan09 01-08-2021 02:17 PM

Figured I’d share my recent priority shipping/ tracking experience. Thankfully it had a good ending when the package was finally delivered to me today. I bought a couple cards that were shipped by the seller on December 12th via usps priority 2 day mail. It was accepted on the 12th in North Carolina then was scanned the very next day (13th) in Newark New Jersey. Looked like the package would be delivered next day and moving quickly. However the next day on the 14th it inexplicably said it was departing. North Carolina center again. Then heard nothing until December 18th when it said package was in transit and arriving late but will still be delivered.

Since then I’ve been checking tracking everyday hoping for any sort of update and nothing until last night on the 7th when it was scanned in NYC metro facility. Finally today after much stressing, as it was roughly 4K + value, it was delivered safely with box in good shape today. Cards were fine. Crisis averted but I’ve been stressing over this one for weeks , close to a month since the 2 day package shipped.

I share this not to bash the USPS or anything but just to give my experience for others who are likely in the same boat. I was really getting worried this was “lost” or stolen or damaged but it eventually came unharmed. Would have really sucked for me and the seller had these not turned up. I guess everyone needs to keep being patient and hopefully things will be back to near normal shortly.

rdwyer 01-08-2021 02:33 PM

Could be worse. If the USPS was owned by PSA, they would have 60 day turnarounds.

judsonhamlin 01-08-2021 03:56 PM

After a detour through Bethpage, NY (?) its back in New Jersey again at the Black Hole of Kearny. I have another card coming from Scranton via Illinois right now, so that's curious also. I can understand packages sitting in one place or another along a route due to manpower issues, but sending a card from northern Pennsylvania to Illlinois to come back east to New Jersey is really confounding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by judsonhamlin (Post 2053425)
That would be me. It is nuts that the card has gone all aroundNorth Jersey, including such tourist hotspots like Teterboro and Clifton, over the last three weeks (including the dreaded 'missent' scan), but it is, as I texted DJ, a card, not a kidney, so I can be patient. In 25 years, the USPS has only lost one card on me, so I like my odds.

tschock 01-08-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judsonhamlin (Post 2053919)
After a detour through Bethpage, NY (?) its back in New Jersey again at the Black Hole of Kearny. I have another card coming from Scranton via Illinois right now, so that's curious also. I can understand packages sitting in one place or another along a route due to manpower issues, but sending a card from northern Pennsylvania to Illlinois to come back east to New Jersey is really confounding.

They've gone, to look for Amerrrricaaaa. (sorry, the song was just on as I read this) :)

ramram 01-12-2021 08:44 AM

Boy, you start wondering if USPS is just going to collapse at some point under it's own weight. I've got three packages coming, one from NJ, one from CA and one from LA. They are all 6-7 days in the system and none are yet to leave their originating location per tracking info.

Does anybody know how UPS and Fedex are holding up?

Rob M

Bobbycee 01-12-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judsonhamlin (Post 2053425)
That would be me. It is nuts that the card has gone all aroundNorth Jersey, including such tourist hotspots like Teterboro and Clifton, over the last three weeks (including the dreaded 'missent' scan), but it is, as I texted DJ, a card, not a kidney, so I can be patient. In 25 years, the USPS has only lost one card on me, so I like my odds.

Yeah! Go Jersey collectors! Seriously though: good luck & patience is still a virtue.

jchcollins 01-12-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramram (Post 2055077)
Boy, you start wondering if USPS is just going to collapse at some point under it's own weight. I've got three packages coming, one from NJ, one from CA and one from LA. They are all 6-7 days in the system and none are yet to leave their originating location per tracking info.

Rob M

What's really insane is it's mostly First Class package mail and up that is affected. I had a card show up this morning from Kentucky to NC in a PWE in less than two days.

rootsearcher60 01-12-2021 10:58 AM

I won a postcard on ebay from a seller in France. He shipped January 6th and I received it yesterday January 11.
Makes absolutely no sense.

Michael

Bcwcardz 01-12-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramram (Post 2055077)

Rob M

I had a fed ex from Sacramento to LA take a week. It was in Los Angeles in 3 days and then circled the city for the next 3 until it finally got to me on the 7th. That’s about par for the course for them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhillyFan1883 01-12-2021 01:49 PM

Happy I am not the only one dealing with issues. Florida to PA priority package now at 7 days, and only one update that is was received at West Palm facility and now in transit to next facility for 4 days now....SMH..

Anyone have similar issue with Priority package also??

Aquarian Sports Cards 01-12-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyFan1883 (Post 2055174)
Happy I am not the only one dealing with issues. Florida to PA priority package now at 7 days, and only one update that is was received at West Palm facility and now in transit to next facility for 4 days now....SMH..

Anyone have similar issue with Priority package also??

Please, that package is flying compared to a lot of the ones from our last auction.

skil55voy 01-12-2021 02:29 PM

Package Arrived

Quote:

Originally Posted by skil55voy (Post 2049234)
I have an order from Games and Cards that was supposed to be delivered on the 15th. It hasn't moved from Bell Gardens CA. I have dealt with the seller before and consider them excellent in service and taking care of any problems. Due to the troubles the post office is having I am going to wait and if in a month it doesn't show up, then I may do something.

I have the utmost respect for my postal carrier and the local offices. It galls me that the government has let this institution be unprepared for what has happened to them. Their lack of consideration and planning "AT THE TOP" has caused them to be overwhelmed and made them look incompetent.

My package arrived yesterday, It popped up on the radar on the 9th in Washington D.C. The went to Hyattsville MD. Then to Indianapolis and to me. I am glad I waited and it appears that they are catching up.

vwtdi 01-12-2021 03:36 PM

Tracking History
January 11, 2021, 6:00 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD 20747
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in DISTRICT HEIGHTS, MD 20747 on January 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
January 11, 2021, 5:48 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20785
January 11, 2021, 10:38 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
CHARLESTON WV PROCESSING CENTER
January 10, 2021, 7:04 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
CHARLESTON WV PROCESSING CENTER
January 10, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility
January 8, 2021, 7:22 pm
WILMINGTON DE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 8, 2021, 6:56 pm
WILMINGTON DE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 5, 2021, 8:09 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 5, 2021, 10:00 am
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 2, 2021, 4:33 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
December 11, 2020, 5:49 pm
Departed Post Office
AMITYVILLE, NY 11701
December 11, 2020, 7:50 am
USPS in possession of item
AMITYVILLE, NY 11701

1880nonsports 01-12-2021 03:55 PM

Connor

I have the same problem. From the day I shipped 20 sumptin packages - half arrived after 3/4 days. Other half are in the same black hole WPB station now a week later. I shipped everything the day I got paid - now I look like I took my time.... As an aside I shipped a package to Montreal last week - arrived in TWO days.....

jchcollins 01-13-2021 06:33 AM

In large part due to the postal mess, one of my resolutions for 2021 was to quit selling if I absolutely don't need to. The situation has gotten somewhat better, but is still far from being fixed. I can handle some things that I buy taking some time, but it stresses me out to sell expensive cards and then watch them sit in black holes. I got very lucky last year, everything eventually showed up. Not sure how far pushing my luck was going to get me in '21.

BCauley 01-13-2021 10:14 AM

Not cards but.....

My mother had mailed two boxes of Christmas gifts for our son, daughter, and dog on December 7th in CT. One of the two boxes arrived here in VA in Jan 4th.

My mother is not too savvy with stuff online so I had her forward me the shipping info/tracking number and submitted one of those package inquiry things this past Sunday and the 2nd box just arrived about a half hour ago.

Not sure if it was the inquiry that kickstarted it but I like to believe so.

ruth-gehrig 01-15-2021 10:11 PM

Jan 12-14 an Ebay package of mine bounces around Lehigh Valley, PA being "processed through facility" 4 different times. 9 hrs after last scan in PA it arrives in San Diegeo CA! I live in Oklahoma

carlsonjok 01-16-2021 07:03 AM

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of the disappearing packages originate in or near, New York/New Jersey?

I had two packages get picked up on January 4, one in Maryland and one in Long Island. The package from MD was delivered on the 7th. The package from New York hit the Garden City Distribution Center the same day and has disappeared. I get that it is a densely populated area and NYC is the financial capital of the world, but I've seen issues dating back years, especially with the facility in Kearny, NJ.

jayshum 01-16-2021 08:46 AM

Some excerpts from an article today on philly.com about delays in the Philadelphia area:

"Are you still waiting for packages from early December to arrive? You’re not alone, but be patient, postal workers warn, because it might be a while. In U.S. Postal Service facilities in Pennsylvania and across the country, hundreds of thousands of items sent in late November and early December are sitting at the bottom of massive piles of delayed mail that continue to grow with new packages daily. Employees inside the Philadelphia Processing and Delivery Center said they are prioritizing the packages coming in now, and doing their best to scrounge up items under the mass when time allows. But as the agency continues to experience record package volumes amid the pandemic, the pile keeps growing. “Honestly, it’s going to be at least six to eight weeks” until the backlog is cleared, said Laurence Love, a clerk craft director at the Philadelphia facility on Lindbergh Boulevard."

"More than 90% of packages were delivered on time in the Philadelphia metro area through November, according to ShipMatrix data. Then, Jindel said, it dropped dramatically in early December. By Christmas week, on-time delivery was below 50%. Jindel couldn’t give precise data to compare Philadelphia to other cities. “There were some days when the Post Office got 40 million packages, unlike any other business,” Jindel said. Now, as more packages continue to be sent, tracking shows “it’s last in, first out,” he said. For many people, the USPS tracking hasn’t shown an update on their item for weeks, creating an agonizing wait for not only presents, but also essential items like bills, medication, and important records."

"The unprecedented package volumes were coupled with poor preparation and a severe employee shortage due to rising COVID-19 cases, as nearly 19,000 workers were in quarantine at the end of 2020 after being infected or exposed to the virus, according to the American Postal Workers Union. The result was a backlog that veteran postal workers said was unlike anything they’ve ever seen. Facilities across the region were so full that trailers filled with mail were sitting in parking lots, and a miles-long caravan of trucks waited for hours outside the Southwest Philadelphia site because there was no room to unload parcels. Using USPS tracking, people watched their items arrive in Philadelphia, then never leave."

YazFenway08 01-16-2021 09:00 AM

Thanks for that blurb on philly/Pennsylvania...I had not seem something that specific about the backlog. But now it makes sense. I have had a parcel stuck in the Warrendale PA facility since dec29 with zero movement.

Orioles1954 01-16-2021 11:35 AM

Three parcels in Oxford, MS with no movement since 12/16. Will send refunds on Monday totaling around $125. Won’t kill me but still sucks.

Fballguy 01-17-2021 09:53 AM

I've had two packages missing since November. One coming to me and one I sent. Finally after nearly two months of patience, the buyer of the second packaged asked for a refund. Totally understandable, but when I went to issue the refund within ebay I kept receiving an error message directing me to PayPal. I thought this was because too much time had elapsed (about 57 days at this point). PayPal did allow me to refund, but there was no mention of the final value fee refund, so I called ebay to see how that would work.

Long story short, I knew more about the refund process than the person in Manila I spoke with. He kept repeating my situation back to me incorrectly and putting me on hold to either ask someone or find an appropriate answer in his script. He eventually came back and told me he was going to close the case against me (with no refund given at this point) and in 48 hours I would be able to refund the money within eBay. Ummmmm...ok. I hung up with zero confidence this was going to work and it didn't but the case was indeed closed now. I ended up issuing the refund from PayPal, but still no final value fee credit on my account.

And while on the subject of customer service, though the service ebay provided was woefully lacking, they are light years more helpful than those at the USPS. This is how opening a case with the USPS works. You open the case and request a call back. A rep from the DESTINATION post office calls you and says "We have no idea where your package is. Per tracking it never made it to us". Click.

Wow...Thanks I never thought to check the tracking. So amazing. And some want to raise the minimum wage?

71buc 01-18-2021 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sold a card on 12/27 and shipped it on 12/28. It was out for delivery on 12/31. Buyer filed a claim on 12/08. I asked the buyer to be patient due to usps shipping issues. To his credit he did wait a week and was polite. Nonetheless eBay removed the funds from my account. I checked a moment ago and as you can see the card is still out for delivery. So I essentially paid USPS for the privilege of giving away my card.

jayshum 01-18-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 2057463)
I sold a card on 12/27 and shipped it on 12/28. It was out for delivery on 12/31. Buyer filed a claim on 12/08. I asked the buyer to be patient due to usps shipping issues. To his credit he did wait a week and was polite. Nonetheless eBay removed the funds from my account. I checked a moment ago and as you can see the card is still out for delivery. So I essentially paid USPS for the privilege of giving away my card.

I had something like this happen where the tracking said out for delivery for several days. I emailed the buyer who told me it had actually been delivered but apparently never scanned as such by the carrier. Unfortunately, there's no way for you to tell if that happened and the buyer is just being dishonest about not receiving it.

Directly 01-18-2021 08:06 PM

USPS Insurance

Anyone been denied USPS Insurance Claims? I filed claim with USPS for missing/stolen contents. 1st appeal denied, This is of high concern for all of us if purchasing insurance is in vain--I guess its fortunate for me its only a 650.00 claim, and not 5,000--be aware USPS has some other serious issues at this time.

Bigdaddy 01-18-2021 08:15 PM

My property taxes took 26 days to arrive at the county treasurer's office - a 40 minute drive from home. Needless to say, I had not factored that into the date I sent them off.

Orioles1954 01-18-2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Directly (Post 2057494)
Anyone been denied USPS Insurance Claims? I filed claim with USPS for missing/stolen contents. 1st appeal denied, This is of high concern for all of us if purchasing insurance is in vain--I guess its fortunate for me its only a 650.00 claim, and not 5,000--be aware USPS has some other serious issues at this time.

I always buy insurance with Ebay's private insurance. It saved my butt for $1,200+ once and was easy to work with.

obiwan1129 01-18-2021 09:12 PM

I had a pocket schedule I ordered get lost. The seller was very gracious and refunded me. I felt bad as it was an old schedule, it ain't coming back.

I've been selling some comics to fund my baseball card buying. Those have been going out Priority Mail which seems to be more reliable. The cost is significantly more...but now I am worried about some of the cards I've bought that haven't come in yet. I was hoping things would settle down a bit this month post Christmas...but that doesn't seem to be the case.

IndyDave 01-19-2021 10:00 AM

I received a package this morning that my cousin mailed in Cleveland on December 17 - two day priority. So 33 days to go about 300 miles.

The tracking show that the package took a detour to Grand Rapids on its way to Indy - after be "in transit" for nearly four weeks.

I think that's the list of the holiday packages I sent or was waiting to receive. I still do wonder if I'm going to get any more Christmas cards.

D. Bergin 01-19-2021 10:31 AM

I finally got a card in a couple days ago from Florida (I'm in CT), that was sent out to me on December 12th or so, according to tracking.

I didn't even bother contacting the seller, since I've had a bunch of my own packages I sent out seemingly taking weeks to get where they're going. So far my buyers have been patient, but I understand you can only wait so long.

:(

I've also taken several Postal Adjustment hits in the last couple months. A couple were for Priority Regional Rate Boxes I sent out that were pulled, and reclassified as non-regional rate boxes (I know damn well I sent them out in regional rate boxes)............and a couple were really big hits where they seemingly found a few extra inches on some bigger poster boxes I sent out, and nailed me with balloon charges (I'm always very careful with these). We're talking $20-$30 hits here.

Also, when I scroll down my Stamps.com history, There's an unusual number of "Out For Delivery" and then "No Delivery Scans" listed right after, going back a few months. I'm basically at the mercy of my buyers being honest with me in many cases.

D. Bergin 01-22-2021 11:18 AM

I just had a buyer receive a package yesterday (January 21st) that I shipped out 1st Class Mail on December 9th, from CT to VA.

Package was "in transit" from the Springfield, MA hub to the Dulles, VA hub for almost 40 days without any updates. Luckily the buyer was very patient and I held their hand through the process after they contacted me.

Coincidentally, it didn't start moving until right after the buyer contacted me and I put in both a tracking update request for both myself and the buyer, and followed that up with a "Search for Lost Package" request.

ramram 01-22-2021 12:46 PM

I understand that the large increase in packages as well as Covid are creating havoc with USPS but what doesn't make sense is the packages moving all over the country in an illogical path. That points to a much greater problem.

Rob M

jchcollins 01-22-2021 01:04 PM

What's concerning to me is that things have gotten somewhat better since the Christmas rush, but there are clearly still problems. We are closing in on February. Where does it end?

LJACards 01-23-2021 12:44 AM

Sold a card on ebay that took 28 days to go from missouri to ohio

i bought an item from indiana and the seller shipped with 2-day priority shipping. The item took almost 3 weeks to get to me after being stuck indianapolis for 15 days. The seller put an intercept on the item because it seemed to be lost and they refunded me. a week later it randomly it shows up at my door..so i had to refund the refund.

USPS is a complete joke and needs major rehaul. I am sure there are other companies who would love a shot at delivering on time.

Mike D. 01-23-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJACards (Post 2059084)
USPS is a complete joke and needs major rehaul. I am sure there are other companies who would love a shot at delivering on time.

I’m not sure many companies would be lining up for the USPS gig. Unlike Fed Ex or UPS, who could just reject packages when they got overwhelmed (as they did this year, further flooding USPS), USPS has to take everything. Then they deliver to every address in the country (no matter how remote) 6 days a week.

Yankees1964 01-23-2021 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike D. (Post 2059115)
I’m not sure many companies would be lining up for the USPS gig. Unlike Fed Ex or UPS, who could just reject packages when they got overwhelmed (as they did this year, further flooding USPS), USPS has to take everything. Then they deliver to every address in the country (no matter how remote) 6 days a week.

Exactly. Not to mention it would cost multiples more than it does now. Of course leaving all the machines in place that we pulled and scrapped by the new PMG would have made the huge COVID increase easier for them to handle too.

Mike D. 01-23-2021 07:02 AM

Isn’t USPS also not really allowed to make a profit? So, no “make a little extra and then reinvest” like a lot of businesses go.

Schlesinj 01-23-2021 09:44 AM

Not totally related to baseball cards, but quick public service announcement that both credit card bills and payments are all going to be delayed, so pay attention to getting fees and late charges. The credit card companies are aware, of course, but you may need to make a phone call to get things waived.

sportsnut25 01-24-2021 09:51 PM

To really rub some salt in the wounds, the tracking portion of the USPS website has been unavailable this evening.

Now I'll really be guessing if my package will come Monday or will be delayed since it hasn't been scanned in 47 hours.

jchcollins 01-25-2021 10:37 AM

Today's package that finally arrived (a Seaver RC, I was sweating bullets...) was kind of the last straw for me and the USPS with anything shipped of value. It wasn't anything super horrible, but for Priority Mail Insured, $23 - the package was 3 days late, and got maybe half the tracking scans it should have from just outside of St. Louis to me in Winston-Salem, NC. Lately my regular, First Class packages have been both getting more scans en route, and arriving on the whole quicker than Priority Mail.

Clearly not the end of the world as I got the card and am happy, but I will gladly pay the same or more to do FedEx 2 day for cards I sell / buy over a certain price point from here on out. Peace of mind with the USPS just seems to be a thing of the past. I get no updates on shipping for 2 solid days AFTER this package is supposed to be here already, and then wake up this morning to more stories on NPR, etc. about how screwed up the Post Office still is, and to expect more delays. Whatever, I'm done. Yeah, yeah - I get there are legit reasons - but this also isn't rocket science, and has been a festering problem in many areas of the US even before the onset of COVID. Yes, 99% of my USPS stuff does get here eventually, but if I can pay comprable or even more elsewhere for a quicker turnaround and more reassurances, it's time for me to go that route.

UKCardGuy 01-25-2021 12:05 PM

I'm curious, why doesn't everyone just switch to UPS or Fedex? A UPS ground package from Dallas to Florida with $200 insurance costs $13.10. It's not that much more than Priority Mail. UPS isn't perfect, but it seems much more reliable than USPS these days.

perezfan 01-25-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UKCardGuy (Post 2060063)
I'm curious, why doesn't everyone just switch to UPS or Fedex? A UPS ground package from Dallas to Florida with $200 insurance costs $13.10. It's not that much more than Priority Mail. UPS isn't perfect, but it seems much more reliable than USPS these days.

I've incurred far more damage over the years with UPS. And I'd rather be boiled in oil, than go through their futile claims process. USPS (even with all their current issues) is still the least expensive and best way to ship, IMHO.

jchcollins 01-25-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

I'm totally with you, but I prefer FedEx. UPS once left an Angels Media Guide with Nolan Ryan on the cover out in the pouring rain to be ruined on my front stoupe. I've learned my lesson for good at this point with the USPS though. They may be better than nothing, but at least lately they aren't making the grade for what I require to ship anything high dollar.

carlsonjok 01-25-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

I've never had an issue with USPS more significant than misdelivered items that show up a few days late. I have, however, had a bad experience with UPS.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MIYroWafT...0/envelope.JPG

This is what I found when I went to the UPS store to pick up a 1963 Fleer card I sent in to a Sandy Koufax signing a few years back. The card ended up being fine. And, I am aware that one cannot draw a trend line from one data point, but holy moly they abused that envelope.

bnorth 01-25-2021 06:02 PM

I have a new one I have never seen before. Tracking has shown this for a week.
SHIPMENT RECEIVED ACCEPTANCE PENDING
ORLANDO, FL 32824

tschock 01-25-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

As some have already noted, and I can vouch as well. Over the years I've had a few packages from the USPS get damaged, but the packages I receive via UPS (with some regularity) look like the employees pretend the package is the copier from Office Space.

Orioles1954 01-25-2021 06:41 PM

Really weird. I just sent out a batch on Saturday night. Half of them have already arrived at their destinations....some as far away as California! So strange.

sportsnut25 01-25-2021 07:40 PM

Quote:

I use UPS exclusively these days for things I mail out. Location by me never has more than one other customer at the counter where as post office always has a line taking at least 15-20 minutes to get through.

Unsure how much more it costs me for the most part, but today it cost me about $1.20 more at UPS than USPS would have charged me (according to online cost estimator).

Never had an issue with UPS, items always arrive when they say it will and in the same condition the package was mailed.

thecatspajamas 01-25-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2060204)
I have a new one I have never seen before. Tracking has shown this for a week.
SHIPMENT RECEIVED ACCEPTANCE PENDING
ORLANDO, FL 32824

Possibly a result of the sender using a SCAN form whereby multiple packages are tied to a single bar code on a form generated by the shipper's postage software so that they can be dropped off and "received" at the post office counter with a single scan rather than waiting for them to be scanned individually?

Fballguy 01-26-2021 07:58 AM

It definitely depends on what part of the country you're shipping to/from. I've had packages delivered in 3 days recently and then others that take two weeks to make it out of the shipping state. Pennsylvania seems to be a cluster**** right now.

The only thing I've shipped that ended up lost throughout this entire ordeal was going to Michigan, which coincidentally I also had a package coming to me from and it also never showed up.

jchcollins 01-26-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2060354)
Pennsylvania seems to be a cluster**** right now.

So is St. Louis. I've had packages from CA come to me in NC quicker than those originating in the midwest.

Kutcher55 01-26-2021 09:03 AM

I'm waiting on a package that has been sitting in Sioux Falls, South Dakota since January 12th!

Now granted it's just a 1971 Bobby Murcer PSA 6, but I would appreciate if someone in that office would kindly get that package moving toward the east coast.

jchcollins 01-26-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kutcher55 (Post 2060370)
Now granted it's just a 1971 Bobby Murcer PSA 6, but I would appreciate if someone in that office would kindly get that package moving toward the east coast.

Shortly before Christmas, I had a '71 Dick Allen that didn't even get an acceptance scan for 10+ days before mysteriously showing up at a regional hub in New England after the seller printed the shipping label. By that point I was supposed to have had it for a week already. The rest of the journey down to me in NC was fairly uneventful.

mikemb 03-25-2021 04:33 PM

Sorry to bring this topic up again.

Just about all the items I have ordered or sold have been delivered timely. I think the post office is doing a great job.

But I recently ordered a book of stamps on March 16 (coming to New Jersey).
Here is the tracking (read from the botttom up)

Tracking History

March 24, 2021, 8:52 pm
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on March 24, 2021 at 8:52 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

March 24, 2021, 7:14 am

March 23, 2021

March 20, 2021, 9:55 pm
KEARNY NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 18, 2021, 11:53 pm

March 18, 2021, 9:12 am

March 16, 2021, 7:52 pm

March 16, 2021, 3:44 pm

March 16, 2021, 3:14 pm

March 16, 2021, 12:17 pm

March 16, 2021, 11:02 am
Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Mike

sportsnut25 03-25-2021 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemb (Post 2085511)
Sorry to bring this topic up again.

Just about all the items I have ordered or sold have been delivered timely. I think the post office is doing a great job.

But I recently ordered a book of stamps on March 16 (coming to New Jersey).
Here is the tracking (read from the botttom up)

Tracking History

March 24, 2021, 8:52 pm
Your item departed our KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on March 24, 2021 at 8:52 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

March 24, 2021, 7:14 am

March 23, 2021

March 20, 2021, 9:55 pm

March 18, 2021, 11:53 pm

March 18, 2021, 9:12 am

March 16, 2021, 7:52 pm

March 16, 2021, 3:44 pm

March 16, 2021, 3:14 pm

March 16, 2021, 12:17 pm

March 16, 2021, 11:02 am
Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Mike

That's both sad and hysterical at the same time!

bnorth 04-05-2021 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looked today and seen this on so figured I would share the silliness.

bobcatfunds 04-05-2021 08:33 AM

I've had quite few items marked as "delivered", but not actually delivered until the next day.

(...at least I got them.)

Snapolit1 04-05-2021 10:29 AM

I’ve prob sold 100 cards since the fall. Serious drama with 8 or 9 of them but every card eventually got to where it need to go. Had more issues with priority than first class.

sportsnut25 04-05-2021 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2089783)
Looked today and seen this on so figured I would share the silliness.

Have had that a few times myself recently.

One similar one for me was

USPS awaits item from sender
USPS gets item in Town A
USPS moved item to Town B
USPS awaits item from sender

:rolleyes:

Fballguy 04-08-2021 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a fun one. From Pennsylvania to Houston by way of Puerto Rico.

cannonballsun 04-09-2021 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71buc (Post 2057463)

The exact same thing happened to me.

Oscar_Stanage 04-09-2021 09:24 AM

Seems this is a pretty common issue, but its annoying when it happens to you!
I have received a few Canadian packages, but never experienced this. USPS says it still in customs. US customs says it means it is with USPS.. Either way, it has not moved in a month.

--------------
March 10, 2021, 7:08 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 7:08 am on March 10, 2021.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 04-09-2021 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wid_Conroy (Post 2091142)
Seems this is a pretty common issue, but its annoying when it happens to you!
I have received a few Canadian packages, but never experienced this. USPS says it still in customs. US customs says it means it is with USPS.. Either way, it has not moved in a month.

--------------
March 10, 2021, 7:08 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 7:08 am on March 10, 2021.

The exact same thing happened to me, except going the other direction. An extremely valuable package, too. That Chicago International Sorting Center is so ineptly run. USPS blamed Canada customs, who had no record of the package ever making it across the border. This was in May of 2020. All is lost. USPS can't be bothered searching any more and told me as much in an email. I haven't used them for packages since.

Oscar_Stanage 04-09-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyCox3 (Post 2091146)
The exact same thing happened to me, except going the other direction. An extremely valuable package, too. That Chicago International Sorting Center is so ineptly run. USPS blamed Canada customs, who had no record of the package ever making it across the border. This was in May of 2020. All is lost. USPS can't be bothered searching any more and told me as much in an email. I haven't used them for packages since.

i dont get it... its a package with a barcode. Given it is on mass scale, but how hard is this really?

Fballguy 04-09-2021 11:07 AM

Had a postal worker today tell me to not waste money on priority mail. They're not even hiding it any more. It's over Johnny.

Mark17 04-11-2021 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2091187)
Had a postal worker today tell me to not waste money on priority mail. They're not even hiding it any more. It's over Johnny.

Priority flat rate boxes are often cheaper than standard packages because weight doesn't matter, and the automatic insurance that comes with Priority has paid off for me in the past 2 months as well. So Priority has some advantages, sometimes, besides the supposed speed.

tab 04-11-2021 04:42 AM

I have had a few packages get stuck in St. Louis over the years as a buyer. They all eventually showed up and I have been pretty patient. One item was a part for my boat a couple years ago. The package disappeared all summer long and never showed up till fall. I never did get the boat out that year. I was patient and had completely forgot about it when it showed up.

Now that I finally try my luck at selling on ebay I'm already having issues. I sold two cards and sent them both off the same day. I live in Illinois package A was going to California. Package B was going further north in Illinois(yes the same state I live in). Package A made it to California and arrived early. Package B is stuck in St. Louis for a week now.

This is very frustrating considering I had a 100% score on ebay since 1999. I just assumed there was a problem in St. Louis with USPS did not know it was all over.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 04-11-2021 07:35 AM

I received a PWE with a December 7 postmark. I didn't think anything would break my previous 2021 record of 77 days for a one-way trip for letter mail, but this nearly doubles it at 140.

Tere1071 04-11-2021 07:55 AM

Last week I sent out two eBay packages, a return of a near set of 1971 football cards and a magazine. Due to the pandemic and my family's wishes, I schedule pick-ups as much as possible. The carrier picked up both items but failed to scan either. The magazine was scanned at the post office and made its way to the buyer. The return is still identified as "pre-shipment info sent USPS awaits item." Friday I sent a request for assistance to check on the status of the package to see if it left the building. I've had this happen a few times in the past where out of nowhere a package arrived at its destination-late. It's nerve-racking nevertheless.

Phil aka Tere1071

Fballguy 04-11-2021 09:21 AM

The frustrating thing, it seems to me anyway, is that there are ebbs and flows of delivery. Things will zip thru relatively quickly for a while and then with no explanation grind to a halt.

I've got 11 packages either coming or going right now and nearly all are facing a delay. It's like a horse race to see which one crosses the line first and they all seem to be fading down the stretch. I've got one that arrived in Houston (my town) on Thursday. During good times, that would mean possibly that day or likely the next, it would show up at my door. Now? No tracking update since it arrived on Thursday and no packages at my door.

jayshum 04-11-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fballguy (Post 2091697)
The frustrating thing, it seems to me anyway, is that there are ebbs and flows of delivery. Things will zip thru relatively quickly for a while and then with no explanation grind to a halt.

I've got 11 packages either coming or going right now and nearly all are facing a delay. It's like a horse race to see which one crosses the line first and they all seem to be fading down the stretch. I've got one that arrived in Houston (my town) on Thursday. During good times, that would mean possibly that day or likely the next, it would show up at my door. Now? No tracking update since it arrived on Thursday and no packages at my door.

I had a card coming to me in NJ from TX that literally showed "In Transit Arriving Late" for 3 weeks in March through early April with no update, then one day, it miraculously arrived in Newark and was delivered to me a few days later. I put in a lost package report during that time and got a call from my local PO who told me there was not much he could do but that he was aware of significant delays from certain parts of the country including TX and the mid-west.

During the same time, I mailed something to someone in TX and also received a different package from TX, both in 4 or 5 days so it is definitely luck of the draw in many cases.

topcat61 04-11-2021 10:06 AM

I was expecting a card on February 15, 2021 and it has yet to arrive from the Bronx. I put in an inquiry and they said that the airplane it was on had broken down and was awaiting parts in the South but it would arrive.

A month later I put in another inquiry and this is what they said -

"Since it has been over thirty days with no scans, you may file a Mail Recovery Search, at USPS.com, after creating a secure account.

It is unfortunate that the mailer did not opt for insurance at the time of mailing. First Class Mail does not include any built in insurance with this classification of mail, like Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express, therefore a claim cannot be filed.

Please know, Congress has affirmed the exclusion of claims arising from loss, miscarriage or negligent transmission of mail from coverage of the Tort Claims Act, Title 18, Section 268(b), Federal Tort Claims Act, which states that the Postal Service specifically is excluded by federal law from liability for any claim arising out of the loss, miscarriage, or negligent transmission of letters of postal matter.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this matter with you. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you".

bnorth 04-12-2021 12:26 PM

Today it wasn't the shipping it was the moron behind the counter.

I had 5 different Randy Johnson rookie Marlboro error versions ruined. As soon as I handed them the bubble mailer she was determined to bend it in half both directions. On the 3rd time I asked her to stop. She continued to bend it back and forth while replying it would get bent in shipping anyway.

Then she said I could not send it as a package any way. At that time I was just trying to get my damaged cards back because I can't send them to the buyer now anyway.

Luckily I have extras and can send out undamaged cards in the morning when there is a different person working the counter.

I would rather have them lose my cards than destroy them in front of me when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.:mad:

jchcollins 04-12-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2092127)

I had 5 different Randy Johnson rookie Marlboro error versions ruined. As soon as I handed them the bubble mailer she was determined to bend it in half both directions. On the 3rd time I asked her to stop. She continued to bend it back and forth while replying it would get bent in shipping anyway.

Then she said I could not send it as a package any way. At that time I was just trying to get my damaged cards back because I can't send them to the buyer now anyway.

Luckily I have extras and can send out undamaged cards in the morning when there is a different person working the counter.

I would rather have them lose my cards than destroy them in front of me when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.:mad:

Wow. I would have totally lost my $hit.

bobcatfunds 04-12-2021 01:07 PM

I have had a few packages marked as "delivered", but not actually arriving until the next day. (...at least they got here.)

jchcollins 04-12-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobcatfunds (Post 2092143)
I have had a few packages marked as "delivered", but not actually arriving until the next day. (...at least they got here.)

That's a USPS trick that well predates the pandemic.

RL 04-12-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

You should contact the USPS and file a complaint about the employee purposely destroying your mail.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 04-12-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

First, demand to speak to her boss in person (better yet, in front of her). People like this have no business keeping their jobs. Bring past eBay sales records of that card with you and demand a refund. If this gets you nowhere, move up the chain. Make sure to mention that they would have security footage evidence of the worker destroying your items. Next time, make sure to open each package right there on the counter and hold up each destroyed item for their cameras to see. Also, take your own video for extra backup. This is ridiculous.