Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hakes Winnings (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297487)

bobfreedman 02-25-2021 05:25 PM

Hakes Winnings

2 Attachment(s)
Picked up three items but was outbid on several that I would have like to have had even more - oh well, here are two items, I won the A's pen knife but I had one already so if anyone would like it, LMK

BRoberts 02-25-2021 06:27 PM

Nice pickups, Bob. Great to see you posting again.

Snapolit1 02-25-2021 06:39 PM

I was the leading bidder on on of the great negro League photos and watched time expire as the winning bidder. I waited a few minutes after not getting a confirmatory email and logged back on and the item was running with a new bid and the clock reset. Very odd I thought. And another board member had the exact same experience on a different item. I can live with not winning the item but that seemed, uh, unusual.

scooter729 02-25-2021 07:15 PM

Love the Red Sox pin, Bob. I was bidding and considered going higher, but had to drop out. Would’ve gone nicely with my collection, but can’t win them all. Enjoy it - it’s a great one!

J-Yo 02-25-2021 07:27 PM

Hakes Winnings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapolit1 (Post 2073492)
I was the leading bidder on on of the great negro League photos and watched time expire as the winning bidder. I waited a few minutes after not getting a confirmatory email and logged back on and the item was running with a new bid and the clock reset. Very odd I thought. And another board member had the exact same experience on a different item. I can live with not winning the item but that seemed, uh, unusual.

I’ve noticed that some of the auction houses have implemented an “overtime” policy to prevent last second snipers. If someone places a last second bid the auction is extended for 30 minutes until there’s no more bids. Every bid extends the auction for 30 more minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snapolit1 02-25-2021 08:08 PM

This auction closed on a lot by lot basis.

Scott Garner 02-26-2021 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobfreedman (Post 2073458)
Picked up three items but was outbid on several that I would have like to have had even more - oh well, here are two items, I won the A's pen knife but I had one already so if anyone would like it, LMK

Spectacular pickups, Bob. Those are beautiful!

Scott Garner 02-26-2021 04:55 AM

Frank "Noodles" Hahn 1906 Stenzel's pinback

3 Attachment(s)
I've wanted to add this Noodles Hahn 1906 Stenzel's pin to my no-hit pitcher collection, but they never seem to enter the hobby.

I won this pin in the Hake's Auction, but it was a battle to say the least. :rolleyes:

Noodles Hahn is an important pitcher for my collection, because he hurled the 1st no-hitter in the 1900's.
He was also a pretty cool cat because he pitched batting practice everyday for the Cincinnati Reds until well into his 70's. :cool:

Here is a picture of the pinback that I just won and a photo from 1947 of Noodles, Vandy and Ewell Blackwell (all Reds no-hit pitchers) celebrating after Blackie's no hitter on 6/18/47.

WillowGrove 02-26-2021 08:23 AM

Congrats Scott! I like those items but really like the photo linking the Reds no-nos. Good stuff.

Chris Counts 02-26-2021 08:25 AM

That Noodles Hahn pin is epic. I can imagine it was quite a battle.

sayhey24 02-26-2021 08:55 AM

Awesome pickups guys.

Scott do you frame the Noodles pin and photo together, or does Noodles go in the display with your other pins?!

Greg

Scott Garner 02-26-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayhey24 (Post 2073688)
Awesome pickups guys.

Scott do you frame the Noodles pin and photo together, or does Noodles go in the display with your other pins?!

Greg

Noodles will get framed with the others. I will wait until I have about 4 new ones including Hahn and then will add them...