Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Announcing New Blog (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=162149)

springpin 01-25-2013 11:56 AM

Announcing New Blog

Based on the encouragement I received from some members of this board plus my own resolve to enter the 21st century, I have created a blog about baseball pinback buttons. Occasionally I will write about pinbacks from other sports. The blog features both pictures of pinbacks as well as background information about the pins featured. The blog is not just a photo dump of images. I conclude each blog with a listing of what will be the next column. Currently there are two columns, an Introduction and then my opening column that is on the Luxello Cigar Pin Set. I still have much to learn about scanning images, so please be patient with the lack of refinement in some presentations. As I stated in the Introduction, I will try to write one or two columns per month, maybe more if time permits and I acquire some proficiency in doing this. The purpose of the blog is to share information about baseball pinback buttons. I welcome your feedback and suggestions.

The address is baseballpinbackbuttons.wordpress.com

Paul

Bumpus Jones 01-25-2013 12:02 PM

Great job Paul! A welcomed addition for pin collectors!

Rob D. 01-25-2013 02:44 PM

Paul,

If your blog delivers even a minuscule fraction of the amount of information your book on baseball pinbacks has, it will be a tremendous asset to the hobby.

Looking forward to reading it on a regular basis.

Rob

slidekellyslide 01-25-2013 03:08 PM

Excellent!

mjkm90 01-27-2013 05:41 PM

Terrific Paul!!! I believe your blog will help us all learn and expand our scope of collecting. Thank you for your efforts!!!

CobbvLajoie1910 01-28-2013 12:49 AM

Excellent, excellent news, Dr. M.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with we pinback-addicts! :)

brookdodger55 01-28-2013 08:08 AM

Looking forward to reading your new blog, great continued contribution
to the hobby.

Thanks
Mike

springpin 01-28-2013 10:45 AM

Thank you for your words of support. The narrative text comes from notes I have taken over the years. That part is real easy. The hard part for me is the scanning and the placement of images within the text. If I ever get proficient with it I could easily do a column per week. For Mike in Michigan I have several columns planned for your Cubs. For BrooklynDodger55 Mike, I have a column planned for your favorite team and year. I hope the Net54 members enjoy reading these columns as much as I do in presenting them.

Best,

Paul

MK 01-29-2013 05:06 PM

Paul this is great news! I'm sure it will all be interesting but I am really looking forward to info on Cubs issues. Hope this includes Certified Ice Cream and American Badge (subtle hint). But honestly, thanks for doing this.

Exhibitman 01-29-2013 06:00 PM

Bravo!

Gonna cover boxing pins? I have a good database of images I can loan you.