Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bloodlines (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=63519)

Archive 05-25-2003 12:27 AM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>Just out of curiousity, Who has the oldest bloodlines of an active player? I now the Boone's go back to Ray, does any of the active players have a grandfather or great grandfather that playes major league baseball?

Archive 05-25-2003 02:26 AM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>Hankron</b><p>Jay Bell (current player), Buddy Bell (father), Gus Bell (grandfather)

Archive 05-25-2003 07:50 AM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>I think the Boone's go back furthest. Ray was in the bigs before Gus Bell.<BR><BR>Ray Boone<BR>Bob Boone<BR>Aaron Boone, Bret Boone, and there is a third Boone in the minors with the Reds

Archive 05-25-2003 09:22 AM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Let's not forget Daniel Boone. He was awesome against the Indians.

Archive 05-25-2003 10:27 AM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>John(z28jd)</b><p>Matt Williams is the grandson of Bert Griffith who played from 1922-24 with brooklyn and washington,among active players thats the oldest direct relative who played.....Jim Bluejacket who played in the federal league and for the 1916 reds and his great grandson bill wilkinson,a pitcher is the 80-90's with mariners are the only known great grandfather/great grandson combo....neither of those 2 examples had the middle generations in the majors,so theyre not exactly what Lee was asking for but interesting none the less

Archive 05-25-2003 11:19 AM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>Lee talked to me about this one. He was looking for a continuous lineage, just who has a relative going furthest back in baseball. Direct decentants are eas to trace, but if you can figure out cousins, you can prolly go back further.<BR><BR>Not sure if Casey Candale is still in the league, but his mom may have been playing before Ray Boone.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 05-25-2003 07:19 PM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>julie</b><p>My sources tell me that the present string of Boones are direct decendents of Daniel Boone, but my souces are only Bob. Anyone else hear this?

Archive 05-25-2003 10:00 PM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>john(z28jd)</b><p>casey candeale doesnt play anymore,he retired a few years back...matt williams is the one with the oldest direct descendant still playing....danny boone who played for the padres and orioles in the 80's is directly related to daniel boone....and finally,its david bell from the phillies thats related to gus and buddy,not jay bell

Archive 05-28-2003 10:39 AM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>Marc S.</b><p>&lt;&lt;My sources tell me that the present string of Boones are direct decendents of Daniel Boone, but my souces are only Bob. Anyone else hear this?&gt;&gt;<BR><BR>I believe that the only direct decendent of Daniel Boone to play in MLB was the San Diego Padres pitcher also named Daniel Boone who played in the early 1980s and had an otherwise unremarkable career.

Archive 05-28-2003 12:37 PM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>Todd (nolemmings)</b><p>But I believe David Bell may be.

Archive 05-29-2003 07:55 PM

Bloodlines

Posted By: <b>Lee Behrens</b><p>I was looking for any connection whether there was a stop or not thanks for the info