Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   cap anson (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=234363)

tdellis 01-24-2017 12:20 PM

cap anson

anyone give me a value for a cap anson cut auto price range?

tazdmb 01-24-2017 12:51 PM

Wow, you have 281 different autographs and not Cap Anson? Yet, I digress. :rolleyes:

Really depends on the quality of the autograph, I would guestimate $1,000-$2,000. Depending on quality, shorten vs. full name.....

Let me say that in all my years of collecting, I have never seen an authentic "Cut" autograph of Anson, except for the UD insert, so be very careful. He is heavily forged and had several secretarial versions of his signatures that have been accepted by certain TPAs as authentic.

tdellis 01-24-2017 02:27 PM

cap anson

I am actually selling one!!

tazdmb 01-24-2017 02:38 PM

Then a picture here would help board members get a better price estimate, along with procuring interest.

Klrdds 01-24-2017 04:17 PM

T D
Post a picture for the board members to give you an accurate opinion. The board because of its vast knowledge and willingness to help fellow collectors can give you a very accurate opinion as to value.
There are too many variables that can affect price and value.
But I shouldn't have to tell you that because as an advanced HOF autograph collector you probably already know that .

w7imel 01-24-2017 11:42 PM

I am starting to get very suspicious of this guys collection...I see alot of talk but has he ever produced 1 picture to date?:D Stuff like this does make me laugh though.

tazdmb 01-25-2017 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7imel (Post 1623977)
I am starting to get very suspicious of this guys collection...I see alot of talk but has he ever produced 1 picture to date?:D Stuff like this does make me laugh though.

I agree, what concern me is that he selling a "Cut" of Cap Anson. As I mentioned in my first post, I have never seen an authentic cut of Anson ever be sold. I "hope" he is not spreading bad signatures in the market. I have no knowledge of whether this cut is real or not, but without this person providing any pictures, I get suspicious.

Klrdds 01-25-2017 07:31 AM

I agree with taz about the Anson cuts; however, I have seen a few cuts of Anson from letters but they are very rare because most collectors wanted/want the complete letter. With Anson'a availability in the market on a letter I would never buy a cut of his no matter if it was good .

tazdmb 01-25-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klrdds (Post 1624019)
I agree with taz about the Anson cuts; however, I have seen a few cuts of Anson from letters but they are very rare because most collectors wanted/want the complete letter. With Anson'a availability in the market on a letter I would never buy a cut of his no matter if it was good .

I have seen cuts from letters of Anson, but you clearly tell they were from a letter as you could see part of the letter in the cut. When I say a cut, a mean an autograph with no other markings.

whyconform 01-25-2017 08:34 AM

Very knowledgeable people here with some very large collections, and they should be able to address value if we were able to see a scan of the cut.

Klrdds 01-25-2017 09:49 AM

The problem is that he (tdelis) wants info BUT NEVER posts any pictures of his items.

Moyni 01-25-2017 03:20 PM

We ask for a pic and...crickets...

Hmmmmm

w7imel 01-25-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klrdds (Post 1624050)
The problem is that he (tdelis) wants info BUT NEVER posts any pictures of his items.

I am guessing there is no real collection to speak of.

Bpm0014 01-26-2017 07:42 AM

There is no collection. All he has to do is post a couple, of which he won't do. Oh well...

RichardSimon 01-26-2017 09:35 AM

His collection is the best collection, it is a fantastic collection, nobody can have a better collection, took him years of hard work to achieve this great collection. He already turned down $2 billion for his best collection.
:D:D;);)

Maddog 01-27-2017 07:41 PM

Time to cut this one loose?
If I had an Anson, hell even a Ruth, bet your ass I would be sharing that with the board.
It's something to be proud of not fearful of.

earlywynnfan 01-27-2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog (Post 1624930)
Time to cut this one loose?
If I had an Anson, hell even a Ruth, bet your ass I would be sharing that with the board.
It's something to be proud of not fearful of.

He doesn't just have an Anson, he has an extra one to sell!