Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reprints? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=65467)

Archive 07-19-2004 02:02 AM

Reprints?

Posted By: <b>ConfusedCollector&nbsp; </b><p>I'm new here and came holing for help. I have acquired several commons from 1933 to 1949 various sets. most are in fair to poor condition, and few of them are worth more than $10 each. I am not familiar with authentication and am not sure if they are origional or not, but do not feel it would be worth the price to send them to PSA. If I list them on E-Bay and say that they may be reprints but I'm not sure, would that be ok... or would people think I'm trying to rip them off?

Archive 07-19-2004 03:15 AM

Reprints?

Posted By: <b>jay behrens</b><p>It would come across like all the other scam artists on eBay. Besdies, eBay rules state that you cannot list an item and then state that you do not know if it is real or not. <BR><BR>The best thing you can do right now is post scans of some of the cards you have. Many can be easily identified as reprints just by seeing scans. Also, list what set you have if you don't have scan, we can tell you what to look for in potential reprints.<BR><BR>Jay

Archive 07-19-2004 11:42 PM

Reprints?

Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>I have a ton of stuff and of great diversity-- from Ted Williams' personal and used chaptsick to modern advertising signs to the 5,000 slides used to make exotic plant encyclopedias. Authentication and coming up with the details needed for an auction is done one item at a time. There are a lot of items that I haven't had time to do the research. These items are in the 'look into later' pile. While residing in the 'look into later' pile, items are strickly not for sale.<BR><BR>There's nothing wrong with putting questioned items aside for another day. Sellers, including big auction houses, should do it more often.

Archive 07-20-2004 12:40 AM

Reprints?

Posted By: <b>confused collector</b><p>Thanks Guys. I guess I will hold off on the sales untill I can get them authenticated. 1 more question though: If I take them to a vintage card shop (which is a long drive for me) and get a consensus that they are authentic, would it be acceptable to list them on ebay as authentic and offer a refund if a card doesnt grade?

Archive 07-20-2004 01:08 AM

Reprints?

Posted By: <b>hankron</b><p>I think if you have a reputable person say they look good and you offer a guarantee, that is fine.<BR><BR>Everyone makes makes mistakes. If you honestly beleive an item is legitimate and allow for return/refund if there is an error, there's no big problem.<BR><BR>As Jay mentioned, if we know what types of cards you have and perhaps had some images, we could offer helpful opinions. If you have a pile of low grade 1962 Topps commons, it would seem unlikely they are reprints.