Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Football Cards Forum (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Pro Football HOF Finalists: Who Will get in?? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=111253)

Archive 01-13-2009 09:03 AM

Pro Football HOF Finalists: Who Will get in??

Posted By: <b>Eric Wells</b><p>ok, here are the finalists for this year's class. Who do you think will get in this year?? There will be between 4 and 7 that will go.<br><br>Cris Carter Wide Receiver <br>Dermontti Dawson Center<br>Richard Dent Defensive End <br>Russ Grimm Guard <br>Bob Hayes Wide Receiver <br>Claude Humphrey Defensive End <br>Cortez Kennedy Defensive Tackle <br>Bob Kuechenberg Guard <br>Randall McDaniel Guard <br>John Randle Defensive Tackle <br>Andre Reed Wide Receiver <br>Shannon Sharpe Tight End <br>Bruce Smith Defensive End <br>Paul Tagliabue Commissioner <br>Derrick Thomas Linebacker <br>Ralph Wilson Team Founder/Owner <br>Rod Woodson Cornerback/Safety <br><br>Here are my guesses:<br>Cris Carter<br>Bruce Smith<br>Rod Woodson<br>Bob Hayes<br>Shannon Sharpe<br>Randall McDaniel<br><br>I guess that's it for punter Ray Guy? He was left off the finalist list this year

Archive 01-13-2009 05:34 PM

Posted By: <b>Frank Rose</b><p>that the HOF selectors will always permit the maximum to be enshrined. This year it has been bumped up to 7 from 6. Humphrey and Hayes locks due to nature of the process and Chris Carter will get in. Ray Guy should have been in long ago with some more PK's. Stenerud wasn't the only kicker to have a profound impact on the game. I hope Paul Tagiliabue never gets in, but he will someday because he was a &quot;politician&quot;.<br><br>

Archive 01-21-2009 04:28 AM

Posted By: <b>Mike McKee</b><p>Here are my guesses:<br><br>McDaniel<br>Smith<br>Woodson<br>Sh arpe<br>Carter<br><br>Humphrey - at minimum but would not be surprised if Hayes makes it too. Though I do not think he should get in.<br><br>McDaniel should have been in last year.<br><br>Derrik Thomas will make it over next few years but not this year.<br><br>IMO<br><br>Mike<br>

Archive 01-22-2009 02:52 PM

Posted By: <b>boxingcardman</b><p>That Ray Guy isn't long ago enshrined is a travesty. <br><br>Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Archive 01-23-2009 05:19 AM

Posted By: <b>joe brennan</b><p>Bruce Smith and Rod Woodson are locks.<br><br>In Rememberance of James W. Brennan Sr. 1924-1982. Dad, thanks for everything you did for me.

Archive 01-23-2009 06:48 AM

Posted By: <b>Davemri</b><p>Humphrey and Hayes locks due to nature of the process<br><br><br><br><br>Keep in mind that Marshall Goldberg was a Sr. Finalist last year and did not make it. I would not consider the Sr.'s as locks.<br><br>Dave

Archive 01-23-2009 08:14 AM

Posted By: <b>Alan</b><p>Marshall Goldberg was one of my favorite old-time FB players. I corresponded with him on several occasions in the late 1990's in researching older Jewish FB players. But, honestly - he doesn't deserve to get in the HOF.