Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Open for Bidding - Love of the Game Spring, 2021 Auction (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=298371)

Al C.risafulli 03-10-2021 09:26 AM

Open for Bidding - Love of the Game Spring, 2021 Auction

Hi everyone:

Just a quick note to let you all know that the LOTG Spring, 2021 auction is open for bidding. The closing date is Saturday, April 3.

I'm really happy with this auction, as packs quite a punch - it's got a fantastic selection of important cards grouped together at the front, including some really special prewar cards.

The auction is highlighted by a 1925 Exhibits Lou Gehrig rookie card. It's graded PSA VG 3, but when you look at the card, the eye appeal is off the charts.

There's also a great 1907 Dietsche Postcards Ty Cobb "Fielding" card - one of his rookie cards.

Probably my favorite item in the auction is an N173 Hoss Radbourn "Obscene Gesture" pose. This is a really tough cabinet - I'm not sure that I've ever actually seen an N173 of this. It's obviously one of the more famous poses in 19th Century cards, and with the explosion in prices of sports cards lately, I can't help but be drawn to something that's really rare. To me, the fact that it's trimmed and not in a slab make it even better, in a way.

The opening section includes what we're calling our "Great Cards" section - 40 or so cards that are truly special, issued from the late 19th Century to the present. But we've also got our typical selection of stuff you don't see every day, including memorabilia, a large selection of yearbooks, game-worn items, advertising display material, and, of course, cards. There's also a wonderful painting of Branch Rickey by our friend Graig Kreindler.

Good luck bidding! If you're so inclined, you can check out the auction here.

Snapolit1 03-10-2021 10:50 AM

Great auction. Lots of eye candy.

ethicsprof 03-10-2021 11:49 AM

Lotg

This is another great auction by the hobby's great wordsmith. The Welcome pages in the front of the catalog exhibit Al's gift to all of us. His love for his close friend, the late beloved Ted Patterson, fills these pages with our own love of the game. It touches movingly the depths of the common humanity and community we all share in our unique ways from our own prized memories. Thank you, Al. My deepest condolences in the loss of your 'tremor buddy'.
Barry

perezfan 03-10-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethicsprof (Post 2079248)
This is another great auction by the hobby's great wordsmith. The Welcome pages in the front of the catalog exhibit Al's gift to all of us. His love for his close friend, the late beloved Ted Patterson, fills these pages with our own love of the game. It touches movingly the depths of the common humanity and community we all share in our unique ways from our own prized memories. Thank you, Al. My deepest condolences in the loss of your 'tremor buddy'.
Barry

That's some pretty good "wordsmithing" yourself!

And I do agree... Al runs an impeccable auction with magnificent and thorough descriptions. He never glosses over the important details and is as honest as the day is long. LOTG is the premier auction house for the true collector, and is second to none when it comes to assortment, integrity and customer service.

Just perused this current Spring Auction... Looks like another fantastic event with regards to both cards and memorabilia. Some really unique treasures that you rarely see elsewhere. Best of luck to all net54 members!

sportsnut25 03-10-2021 12:29 PM

Funny, just found out about this auction house a few days ago and was wondering when the spring auction would open up.

Some very nice pieces, especially the WS programs!

ajjohnsonsoxfan 03-10-2021 01:51 PM

Love the Radbourn cabinet but that 52 Mick is obscene!

sycks22 03-10-2021 03:49 PM

Another great auction Al.

riggs336 03-10-2021 07:10 PM

I'll just echo what everyone else is saying: Al is a great guy and runs a great auction.

BRoberts 03-10-2021 07:43 PM

A beautiful, stunning auction with rare, outstanding and scarce offerings curated by a spectacular auctioneer never prone to hyperbole.