Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Images and interwebs/computer weirdness (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=330834)

steve B 01-26-2023 09:27 PM

Images and interwebs/computer weirdness

So, It's come to my attention that pictures I add to posts may not go through, even when they show up for me.

I tried a few things, then got help from my Ace IT department (My computer programmer wife) and learned a few things.

I might be the only one using the urls and codes from the albums.
I also might be the only one using the "add image" button.

I did figure out how to add them as attachments, so hopefully that works better?
It's a challenge, since on my end they show up just fine I may try a few different browsers tomorrow and see if I can duplicate the failure.

Is there a way besides attaching or using the internal album/add image?

doug.goodman 01-26-2023 09:34 PM

I always use the 'Manage Attachments' button in the 'Attach Files' section of the 'Additional Options' area.

But now I'm curious about urls and codes and the 'add image' button... which I'm looking for now...

I think those are all for linking to pix I might have online, which would work, but I find it easier to just upload them from my computer as described above.

Doug

frohme 01-27-2023 08:33 AM

Like Doug, I've not really had problems.

I now use Attachments and upload to albums via 'Manage Attachments', but used ImageEvent previously and it worked well, too.

In both cases, I add images to the post via the 'Insert Image' toolbar icon. Not had any issues using the URLs provided via either.

jingram058 01-27-2023 09:05 AM

How come it is, if I re-boot and log back in to net54, some images, apparently from non-net54 either attached by url or served up some other way than "manage attachments", do not load. By right-clicking on the broken image icon and selecting "view image" I am taken to a second net54 log in, after which all images load. Why? What is the purpose of the second log in?

bnorth 01-27-2023 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingram058 (Post 2308598)
How come it is, if I re-boot and log back in to net54, some images, apparently from non-net54 either attached by url or served up some other way than "manage attachments", do not load. By right-clicking on the broken image icon and selecting "view image" I am taken to a second net54 log in, after which all images load. Why? What is the purpose of the second log in?

That has happened off and on since I joined. The weird thing is the pictures Steve posts have never shown up for me. Not even the broken image icon.

frohme 01-27-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2308643)
That has happened off and on since I joined. The weird thing is the pictures Steve posts have never shown up for me. Not even the broken image icon.

It could be that the album those images are in is marked 'Private' - that would explain why only Steve would see them.

User CP -> Pictures and Albums -> Select any album -> Edit Album ... Album type (Public or Private) is under description in the 'Edit Album' section.

frohme 01-27-2023 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingram058 (Post 2308598)

That sound like a browser <-> site interaction issue where your login token doesn't get persisted properly after your first login. I have the same with SGC even without reboot as much as they tell me it shouldn't.

steve B 01-30-2023 09:14 AM

The album I use is set to public.