Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Kreindler Raffle, all paid (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=220566)

pawpawdiv9 04-21-2016 12:28 PM

I been looking thru phots and trying to decide..but I think I gotta stick with the 'Mick'
so I ran across this unique photo.
Could it be used??? Thus making it a colored version. or would it be best to go with one with a stadium-ish background?
http://dyn3.heritagestatic.com/lf?se...oduct.chain%5D
1951 Mickey Mantle Signed Original "Look Magazine" Photograph, PSA/DNA Type 1....

shernan30 04-21-2016 12:41 PM

My wife has been so busy with her residency program I think I might give her the painting. We are both are collectors, but she is only current sports/athletes.

How much grieve would everyone give me to have this painted instead of my Meusel photo?

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture...ictureid=20434

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture...ictureid=20367

billyb 04-21-2016 05:01 PM

Countdown is now at 2

One is still in mail and I have in contact with the other................soon

billyb 04-21-2016 08:21 PM

one to go

The one is in the mail and should show tomorrow.

Once we have all payments, we will start a new thread. A copy of how the winner is picked will be in that thread along with the ball games picked by Graig. Any further questions and comments, photos and just plain conversation, can be entered into that thread. the winning numbers will also be placed on the first page of that thread.
Again, a special thanks to Graig, for allowing us to all to dream, and for one of those dreams to come to reality. And to Leon, for allowing us to use the best damn sports web site in the business.

This crazy half dream I had, while laying in bed, and thinking that this could work, then approaching Lance who enthusiastically convinced me to approach Graig with this idea, I had no idea that here we are, about to complete a third raffle. I still feel as excited as the first one, and I am looking forward to the final results again.

So I am going to speak on behalf of Lance, Graig and myself, when we say, and honestly mean it when we say....................THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL

Lordstan 04-21-2016 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shernan30 (Post 1530202)
My wife has been so busy with her residency program I think I might give her the painting. We are both are collectors, but she is only current sports/athletes.

How much grieve would everyone give me to have this painted instead of my Meusel photo?

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture...ictureid=20434

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture...ictureid=20367

I don't think it would grieve anyone, but I do think creating a painting from a B+W photo creates a much more dramatic effect. To me it brings it to life. Ultimately it's between the winner and Graig to decide what gets painted. Those that don't win just like to watch the process unfold and dream of winning the next one.

shernan30 04-22-2016 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordstan (Post 1530385)
I don't think it would grieve anyone, but I do think creating a painting from a B+W photo creates a much more dramatic effect. To me it brings it to life. Ultimately it's between the winner and Graig to decide what gets painted. Those that don't win just like to watch the process unfold and dream of winning the next one.

After looking at Graig's other paintings, you are absolutely correct. Bringing some of these old photos to life is the reason I entered the raffle. I can't wait to see who wins and what they pick.

MVSNYC 04-22-2016 07:30 AM

I might've missed it, but does a portion of the proceeds go to a charity? Just curious.

billyb 04-22-2016 08:20 AM

MVSNYC,
No it does not. All the money goes toward the art consignment fees. Not a nickel goes anywhere else.
billyb

Buythatcard 04-22-2016 02:01 PM

Bill deserves a round of applause for putting this together and giving us all a chance to own a Kreindler masterpiece.

Thank You Bill.

shernan30 04-22-2016 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buythatcard (Post 1530594)
Bill deserves a round of applause for putting this together and giving us all a chance to own a Kreindler masterpiece.

Thanks You Bill.

+1

baseball tourist 04-22-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks You Bill.

Absolutely! Thanks Bill!

Lordstan 04-22-2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

Thank You Bill.

+200000000.
Awesome job Bill

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JeremyW 04-22-2016 03:01 PM

I agree. No small task here. Thanks Bill.

irv 04-22-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Thank You Bill.

Couldn't agree more!

Thank you, Bill. :)

billyb 04-22-2016 05:08 PM

Wow, Thanks all.

I just want to let everyone know, we are still at one, and will have to wait till tomorrow. Unfortunately, Graig is one of the last on the mail route. So it won't be known till mid afternoon at the earliest time.

Be patient, I am sure that it is in the mail, the sender has been in touch with me and assures it was sent early in the week. He has been sending me PMs in anticipation himself.

billyb

Iron Horse 04-22-2016 07:24 PM

Thank you for your time and dedication Bill :)

billyb 04-23-2016 09:04 AM

Again, I just want to let everyone know, we are waiting for one more payment, which should be coming in the mail today, unfortunately, Graig's mail does not arrive until about 3 to 4 pm.
Once we get that last payment, we will announce the date and game that will be used to determine our winner. So we hope by 4:30 PM, to have that new thread posted.

Tigerden 04-23-2016 12:00 PM

Many thanks for your efforts in putting this together Bill. If I win I promise to give Stormin Norman and Probie some consideration!

billyb 04-23-2016 12:11 PM

Tigerden,

LOL, thanks for the thoughts. Probie on oil instead of ice. Sounds good.

billyb 04-23-2016 12:21 PM

Hi All,
Another small delay, which is our fault. Graig has a prior commitment for today, and will be away until tomorrow. So he will not get the chance to check his mail until tomorrow.
We will announce the game tomorrow, one way or the other. We are looking at Wednesday, but do not hold me to that day just yet. We do want to announce which game, several days before game day, so that would leave Monday and probably Tuesday out.
Again, I apologize for this delay, but whats another day or two among friends.................Oh Oh, I feel the tomatoes being thrown already.

Bill

billyb 04-23-2016 08:28 PM

GOOD NEWS.

Because the last payment was done by certified check, the sender tracing his check, states it has now arrived, and should be in Graig mailbox as we speak.
We will confirm that in the morning, so we WILL proceed then, when Graig gets back home. CORRECTION ON MORNING CONFIRMATION. GRAIG WILL BE BACK HOME IN AFTERNOON, WE WILL PROCEED THEN.

As of now, that could put Tuesday back on the table as the possible day of the game. This is all Graig's decision. Lance and myself have entries into this raffle as well, and that is why the decision is all Graigs.

TOMORROW FOR SURE, THE GAME WILL BE ANNOUNCED.

pawpawdiv9 04-24-2016 10:36 AM

Thanks for doing this, cant say it enough that this is a great chance to get a shot to bring an photo back to life. I still have not decided on what-if my number is chosen. Lots of great choices to pick from. Of course I like to go Mick, but feeling the Cobb vibe.

billyb 04-24-2016 10:48 AM

Just want to let everyone know, I am in communication with Graig now, and he is deciding which game to use, should be posted very soon.

GAMES HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO DETERMINE THE WINNER. SEE THE NEW THREAD FOR ANY INFORMATION. GAMES WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27.

billyb

Forever Young 04-24-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 (Post 1531213)
Thanks for doing this, cant say it enough that this is a great chance to get a shot to bring an photo back to life. I still have not decided on what-if my number is chosen. Lots of great choices to pick from. Of course I like to go Mick, but feeling the Cobb vibe.

I great Cobb would be fantastic. If I win, I am thinking Kirby or Maris. If I don't win, all this Kreindler talk is talking me into possibly adding another regardless. Graigy's work is second to non.

thenavarro 04-25-2016 08:51 AM

Hopefully a nice painting of this is in my future.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...pswsqxqkot.jpg