Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My whole collection gone (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187925)

Runscott 05-25-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean1125 (Post 1280517)
I have been travelling the past week and won't be back until Thursday. I need to catch up on this thread. As for Joey's medical condition, I believe what he told me (more psychological than medical). It is my job to read people so take that as you may. I still did speak with someone on the night of this thread (do not know what went on past page 2 or 3 except when I skipped to 12... need to catch up) and thought from the beginning it was complete BS...

I just finished catching up. I think everyone needs to crack a case, light one up, and have a long hiatus from arguing. :)

It's been light for quite a while ;)

dapro 05-26-2014 10:19 PM

Wow, I actually read the whole thread.

2dueces 05-27-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapro (Post 1280943)
Wow, I actually read the whole thread.

That's 30 minutes of your life you will never get back.

ooo-ribay 05-27-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dueces (Post 1281012)

nor will I. :mad:

HolyGrail 05-27-2014 10:05 AM

So Sorry

That happened to me in Brooklyn 25 years ago. My entire childhood collection was stolen, plus some valuable cards I obtained as an adult. Later on I came across my collection at a show, but had no way to prove it.

Cherish the memories and try to resume collecting to heal the wounds.

David

HolyGrail 05-27-2014 12:11 PM

Sweet Blog on Mother Throwing Out Your Cards

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidsei...aseball-cards/

batsballsbases 05-27-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyGrail (Post 1281044)
That happened to me in Brooklyn 25 years ago. My entire childhood collection was stolen, plus some valuable cards I obtained as an adult. Later on I came across my collection at a show, but had no way to prove it.

Cherish the memories and try to resume collecting to heal the wounds.

David

Difference is yours was stolen his wasnot!!;)

D. Bergin 05-27-2014 01:28 PM

What I'm seeing in this whole thread, is a guy that seems to have spent a significant portion of his actual income on these baubles, while at the same time putting himself in a horrible position to actually be able to sell these baubles, once it comes time to have to replace this lost income, whether it be on Ebay or on the BST.

Thus resorting to these elaborately clumsy attempts to try and move his possessions.

Just send them to an auction house Joey. Even with the consignment fees, you'll realize far more then you ever could, selling them under your own wrecked reputation.

It's been a long time since it happened, but I've been robbed, I know what it feels like. The suspects were caught both times. The actual cards were recovered once, and I was somewhat re-imbursed by the Insurance company the other time. Police reports were filed both times. I'm dumbfounded Joey hadn't filed a police report if this was an actual event. I'm guessing it is not.

Consign them away Joey. It will make your life a lot easier, and less complicated, rather then having to keep track of all these lies.

Runscott 05-27-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1279518)
Joey is on an official break from the board (banned). He sent me an email last night asking to be banned and I obliged. We get a lot of guys on the board with situations and I think he really needs some help. I don't think he's that bad of a guy and has a medical issue he needs to be treated for. I could be wrong on that..... But please don't ask him questions or go on and on about him as he won't be able to respond now.

Leon, it was a good idea.

I met Joey Saturday for the first time - had coffee and a long pleasant conversation. Since I only live 20 minutes away from him, it seemed like a good idea. I hadn't planned to post anything about it, and won't respond to questions about him, but here are a few thoughts.

I agreed with Leon's post above before I talked with Joey, and I still agree with it after having met him. I have no idea if Joey really got robbed or not - the subject didn't cross my mind until he was gone. But I know that this forum, being the community where he's made a bunch of hobby friends and had a lot of fun, is important to him. Now that he has said that he had everything but a few items stolen, re-selling said stolen items by himself would be pretty much impossible. So they might as well be stolen. I bought the Jackson painting. I had mixed thoughts about it, since by buying it I was allowing Joey to succeed at circumventing his B/S/T ban. But I actually wanted the painting and thought it should be off the market ASAP - it had already been on ebay briefly, which seemed wrong. So now that part of the drama is done with.

So now Joey no longer has anything that he can sell other than a few basketball photos that he said were inexpensive. Knowing self-control was going to be a problem, he asked to be banned, and he has been. Not making excuses for him, but not sure what else we can do here to make ourselves feel any better.

Jlighter 05-27-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2dueces (Post 1281012)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooo-ribay (Post 1281036)
nor will I. :mad:

I should've listened to you guys.

Wasn't this the same person that said he won the Brown Old Mill back on eBay for cheap, relatively speaking, a while back?

MikeKam 05-27-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runscott (Post 1281144)
Leon, it was a good idea.

I met Joey Saturday for the first time - had coffee and a long pleasant conversation. Since I only live 20 minutes away from him, it seemed like a good idea. I hadn't planned to post anything about it, and won't respond to questions about him, but here are a few thoughts.

I agreed with Leon's post above before I talked with Joey, and I still agree with it after having met him. I have no idea if Joey really got robbed or not - the subject didn't cross my mind until he was gone. But I know that this forum, being the community where he's made a bunch of hobby friends and had a lot of fun, is important to him. Now that he has said that he had everything but a few items stolen, re-selling said stolen items by himself would be pretty much impossible. So they might as well be stolen. I bought the Jackson painting. I had mixed thoughts about it, since by buying it I was allowing Joey to succeed at circumventing his B/S/T ban. But I actually wanted the painting and thought it should be off the market ASAP - it had already been on ebay briefly, which seemed wrong. So now that part of the drama is done with.

So now Joey no longer has anything that he can sell other than a few basketball photos that he said were inexpensive. Knowing self-control was going to be a problem, he asked to be banned, and he has been. Not making excuses for him, but not sure what else we can do here to make ourselves feel any better.

What eBay name did he use this time? :D

GKreindler 05-27-2014 05:51 PM

Whoa, didn't know he had put it on eBay...

Graig

Jay Wolt 05-27-2014 06:43 PM

Here's the eBay listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1917-Shoeles...p2047675.l2557

Runscott 05-27-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Wolt (Post 1281286)

I didn't know about that one. The one I was referring to ended on May 14. I told him I would buy it on May 23, so it makes sense that he ended the second listing on that day.

calvindog 05-27-2014 07:03 PM

At least that makes sense -- unlike his failure to post the police report or pictures of all his beloved pictures which were supposedly stolen. I guess he just figured if he walked around the block a few more times the balance of his collection would be out there on the street, waiting for him.

Leon 05-27-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1281294)
At least that makes sense -- unlike his failure to post the police report or pictures of all his beloved pictures which were supposedly stolen. I guess he just figured if he walked around the block a few more times the balance of his collection would be out there on the street, waiting for him.

I believe he probably couldn't keep up with all of his lies/stories. I actually feel sorry for the guy. I think he has a real mental issue. Hopefully he gets some help.

khkco4bls 05-28-2014 04:59 AM

Guys enough already....

Forever Young 07-24-2016 07:48 PM

Now that Joey is back, can he please post the photos that were stolen and a copy of the police report so we know if we own any "hot" items? Clearly this is why he voluntarily kicked himself off the board. He was feeling the heat of making up a fake crime.

Snapolit1 07-27-2016 08:50 PM

Wow. Riveting read. Had to get up to speed in one night but wow.