Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   new low for the ebay authenticity thing (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=322074)

Fred 10-22-2022 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2241613)
I still want to know, if you now sell it in its authenticated kit, do you then have to ship it back to them again? :D

Would you trust it? Someone could tamper with it and put a much worse card (or even worst, a fake one) in the package, then where would we be? :p

Peter_Spaeth 10-28-2022 08:55 AM

I just bought a newly graded modern card for $190 plus tax and it has to be shipped to the authenticator. SMH.

BillyCoxDodgers3B 10-28-2022 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2278168)
I just bought a newly graded modern card for $190 plus tax and it has to be shipped to the authenticator. SMH.

What happened to the $250 minimum value? Does that mean that the seller purposely wants all their cards enrolled regardless of value?

Yoda 10-28-2022 11:10 AM

What with slabs, baggies and multiple stickers (don't forget Mike Baker's gold and silver beauties ) pretty soon you won't be able even to see your precious cardboard at all. Why won't these parties just leave us alone to enjoy our cards?

Peter_Spaeth 10-28-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2278197)
What with slabs, baggies and multiple stickers (don't forget Mike Baker's gold and silver beauties ) pretty soon you won't be able even to see your precious cardboard at all. Why won't these parties just leave us alone to enjoy our cards?

Pretty soon every box you get with an authenticated slab will have 100 ads in it.

Lorewalker 10-28-2022 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 2278199)
Pretty soon every box you get with an authenticated slab will have 100 ads in it.

As long as none of the ads come from the person you bought the card from then eBay has done its job.

Touch'EmAll 10-28-2022 12:54 PM

I bought a $500.+ Hank Aaron card on ebay. It arrived at some "Hub" for authentication on the 24th. Tracking shows no movement and crickets since, now the 28th. So we all wait longer, not thrilled but try be patient and deal with it.

BobC 10-28-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 2278206)
As long as none of the ads come from the person you bought the card from then eBay has done its job.

Interesting point Chase. I have yet to purchase anything off Ebay that goes through their Authentication Guarantee process, but have often received ads, notes, business cards, and other contact info from sellers I've won things from. Does anyone know for a fact if PSA and CSG remove such things and contact info included with items sent to them by sellers as part of the AG process, and do not forward them to the buyer?

Lorewalker 10-28-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobC (Post 2278264)
Interesting point Chase. I have yet to purchase anything off Ebay that goes through their Authentication Guarantee process, but have often received ads, notes, business cards, and other contact info from sellers I've won things from. Does anyone know for a fact if PSA and CSG remove such things and contact info included with items sent to them by sellers as part of the AG process, and do not forward them to the buyer?

Bob, I do know of two sellers who have had their shipments go through PSA as part of the AG program and all packing slips, etc that were enclosed are removed by PSA prior to the packages being sent on to the buyer. Not sure if most sellers know this or would even know to check with their buyers.

Popcorn 10-28-2022 06:12 PM

Only had two cards fail to date. A Jackie bond bread and hank Arron 55 topps. Both deemed trimmed. I probably wouldn’t have noticed and packed them away like most raw cards purchased the last 15yr. I like the service imo

Snapolit1 10-28-2022 06:28 PM

eBay could announce that they are sending every board member a $250 visa gift card for the holidays and 55% of people would complain. Just sayin.

BobC 10-28-2022 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorewalker (Post 2278268)
Bob, I do know of two sellers who have had their shipments go through PSA as part of the AG program and all packing slips, etc that were enclosed are removed by PSA prior to the packages being sent on to the buyer. Not sure if most sellers know this or would even know to check with their buyers.

Interesting, and not totally unexpected. Ebay doesn't want/allow direct contact between buyers and sellers pushing off Ebay sales and promotions. Getting rid of any contact/sales info or promotions being sent with items won off Ebay seems like a possible extension of that policy.