Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It is with Unimaginable Sadness that we have lost our Dear Ted Zanidakis (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=344841)

Gradedcardman 01-12-2024 12:27 PM

Obituary Link

Gang,

Below is the link to the obituary. Very well written for a well rounded man.

https://vhmfh.com/book-of-memories/5...dore/index.php

phlflyer1 01-12-2024 03:45 PM

Just logged onto Net54 for the first time in a little while to see this sad news.

It was always a joy to stop and talk cards with Ted at so many Philly shows in the past. He will be sorely missed.

Scott

hank_jp 01-12-2024 03:51 PM

Ted was always such a nice and pleasant person to talk to and deal with.
Our most memorable transaction was conducted by my son, Scott and Ted.
Ted was missing one key card to finish his T206 Sweet Caporal back set ... Eddie Plank, and we had a gorgeous example which was altered but looked fabulous.
That is not an easy card to part with but we worked out a deal we were both happy with and Ted had his dream card.
He proudly showed it multiple times in his many posts.
We know it gave Ted great pleasure to own it and it also gave Scott and I an equally great pleasure to bring joy to someone who did that often to others.
Ted was special and will remain so in our memory.

JollyElm 01-12-2024 04:14 PM

I think it's appropriate to establish a new 'Collectorism' for Ted Z, so I present...

Tedzantic (eponym)
The free and unselfish sharing of one’s own vast wisdom, expertise and mastery of specific card sets, as well as other hobby insights, to help expand the knowledge base of the collecting community as a whole.

vintagechris 01-12-2024 04:26 PM

This hobby is every bit as much about the people as it is the cards. The hobby has lost one of the great people in it.

rc4157 01-13-2024 07:30 AM

As I don't frequent this site as often as I did a number of years ago, I was shocked to take a look today and learn of Ted's passing. What knowledge he had for vintage cards, always looking for that something extra and sharing that with us on the board. I wish his family strength during this difficult time.

kcohen 01-13-2024 10:26 AM

The news of Ted’s passing brings me great sadness. Having gotten to know him over the last 20 or so years, I knew him to be an unfailingly generous and affable man. I will miss him.

Yoda 01-13-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2404218)
I think it's appropriate to establish a new 'Collectorism' for Ted Z, so I present...

Tedzantic (eponym)
The free and unselfish sharing of one’s own vast wisdom, expertise and mastery of specific card sets, as well as other hobby insights, to help expand the knowledge base of the collecting community as a whole.

Very nice and appropriate, Darren. One of your best.

brob28 01-13-2024 02:28 PM

I've been off the site for a few weeks, coming back to this news is tough. What a huge loss to the hobby & certainly even more to those who knew him personally. RIP Ted.

irv 01-13-2024 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc4157 (Post 2404352)
As I don't frequent this site as often as I did a number of years ago, I was shocked to take a look today and learn of Ted's passing. What knowledge he had for vintage cards, always looking for that something extra and sharing that with us on the board. I wish his family strength during this difficult time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brob28 (Post 2404459)
I've been off the site for a few weeks, coming back to this news is tough. What a huge loss to the hobby & certainly even more to those who knew him personally. RIP Ted.

Same.
Very tough news reading of Ted's passing. :(
Not that I ever met the man but we did have the occasional convo here which I always enjoyed and always found informative.

A big loss to the hobby.

RIP, TedZ. You'll never be forgotten.

bijoem 01-15-2024 09:48 AM

RIP Ted. I always enjoyed seeing you at shows and talking with you on this board.

GrayGhost 01-15-2024 10:06 AM

I did not know him, but obviously he was a loved and respected man in and away from the hobby. My condolences

BeanTown 01-15-2024 02:48 PM

RIP Ted and always enjoyed the conversations we had at shows back in the 90s. Definitely a pioneer of our hobby and he will be missed. Condolences to his family. He was one of the good guys who didn’t mind sharing information on his knowledge for cards.

UKCardGuy 01-15-2024 03:13 PM

Such sad news. I never met Ted but enjoyed his posts. It's clear from reading this thread how many people he influenced and the deep respect everyone had for him.

RIP Ted.

jingram058 01-15-2024 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2404426)
Very nice and appropriate, Darren. One of your best.

Totally agree.

Ronnie73 01-18-2024 06:54 AM

This is awful news. I haven't logged in for a couple weeks because I've been dealing with health issues, and my mood is usually in the dumps. Hearing about Ted really hurts. Over the years, I've been trying to get to a show where he would be at, so we could finally meet in person. But my health was always messing up my plans. Now there's going to be that empty void that I can't do anything about. I'm going to miss getting messages and emails from him, as we shared thoughts about the T206 set and all of it's mysteries. Rest easy my friend. Thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family, especially his grandson Ron, that he mentioned a lot to me, because we share the same first name. I could never fill Ted's shoes as far as T206 knowledge, but I'll do my best to help others with their questions, and post new research as it's available. I learned a lot from Ted starting nearly 15 years ago. I'll miss you my friend.

Vintageclout 01-18-2024 06:57 PM

Ted Z.

Beyond sad…..a true icon who transcended our hobby to another level. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who enjoyed sharing his incredible knowledge as much as Ted. Simply irreplaceable, and may God Bless him and his family today…tomorrow…always! In the utmost sincerity, JoeT.

yanks4 01-18-2024 08:58 PM

Ted

Not many like Ted…Whenever I stopped by his table at the National he was always willing to share his vast knowledge and also make a fair deal. Thanks Ted for that and for all the info you shared on Net54…..May you be at peace. God bless you.

Beercan collector 01-31-2024 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyElm (Post 2404218)

Tedzantic (eponym)

Does this qualify ? :)
https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=217692

SteveMitchell 02-09-2024 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethicsprof (Post 2403716)
Very sad to hear this news of his passing. Such a great loss to the hobby as a whole and to so many of us who knew him personally. Rest in Peace,TRex.

'For here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come.'

My deepest sympathy to all, Barry

Amen, Barry

The Nasty Nati 02-25-2024 09:29 PM

I haven't logged in for a few months and just found out. Terribly sad news. Ted Z was the modern-day Jefferson Burdick, at least in the Net54 internet world. He got a LOT of us hooked on T206. Truly an encyclopedia of knowledge. This one hurts.

Daveyc 02-29-2024 10:13 AM

I havent logged in for a long time, and while glancing at the list of threads I came upon this one. Just terrible news. I had the good fortune of meeting and talking with Ted on numerous occasions at the little Cooperstown card show during Induction weekend. It was usually stuffy and hot in that little room, but Ted was always very friendly and generous with his time. I remember he got a kick that I live just outside Bangor Maine and he had lived there when he was in the Air Force.

We have lost a hobby legend for sure. RIP Ted