Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PWCC 10 Retraction Rule (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=241237)

ullmandds 06-23-2017 07:16 AM

I go out for sushi happy hour...a few drinks...some monkey business...and I miss this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

ullmandds 06-23-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvindog (Post 1673597)
Or what? You'll try to sell me an overpriced off-centered card?

sorry...but this is funny!!!!!

ullmandds 06-23-2017 07:24 AM

oh and I think there should be assigned seats at the national net54 dinner this year...and maybe a cage where the podium used to be!!!

Eric72 06-23-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy (Post 1673723)
Thank you, Leon for doing the right thing. Praying for people's death via a backpack explosion is way over the line.

I completely agree.

Rhotchkiss 06-23-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1673689)
You are obviously on drugs(big time) or spent out on liquor. Nevertheless, you offered a psa 4 T206 for a 1951 Bowman mays Psa 7.....i figured you were wiped out, but holy cow!

Kevin, i will trade for your 51 Bowman Mays.... Got pics?

bobbyw8469 06-23-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss (Post 1673764)
Kevin, i will trade for your 51 Bowman Mays.... Got pics?

LOL...Can't fault a guy for trying!!! Come on boys!!! Trade up!! Surely you can do better than that!

EYECOLLECTVINTAGE 06-23-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1673770)
LOL...Can't fault a guy for trying!!! Come on boys!!! Trade up!! Surely you can do better than that!

Just know that the story he tells about a PSA 4 is a straight lie. He is a liar.

uyu906 06-23-2017 09:55 AM

Fight Club

I will say it again . . . this forum needs a Fight Club page!!!

orly57 06-23-2017 10:22 AM

This is a depressing thread. So much name-calling and threats.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Brent. Years ago, he talked me out of selling my collection, despite the fact that he stood to benefit from it because I was going to consign with him. When I have consigned, the transactions have been flawless. He pays quickly and on time. He responds quickly to his emails. He fronts you money if you ask for it. I honestly like Brent, and have had nothing but positive interactions with him and his company.

Having have said all that, I would be an absolute fool to try and defend him from the flood of allegations and evidence against him. The shilling (we saw texts purportedly from Brent to Stacy, or whatever that guy's name was), the bid retractions (Peter has shown a boatload of evidence there), and the famous Dimaggio card, all point to some weird stuff going on at PWCC. I'm not going to say he is guilty of any of these things, but I am certainly not going to go on a forum and blindly defend him because I like the guy. I am a criminal defense attorney, so I believe strongly in the presumption of innocence. However, that presumption is reserved for a court of law.

As a Catholic, I don't have to defend all of the church's actions, and as a Democrat I don't have to support everything Obama did. One of the things that most divides this country today is people choosing sides and zealously defending EVERYTHING that particular side believes, even when some of those things are obviously wrong. One can like Brent and not have to blindly defend him. I don't understand the anger with which these people are coming out and defending PWCC. The only reasons someone would attack with such vitriol is if they are either related to Brent, have definitive proof of his innocence, or stand to benefit somehow from it.

And for the record, in response to Kevin's shots at my profession, as a criminal defense attorney I can tell you that most of my clients are far more decent than the corporations and insurance companies that many of my brethren defend. Good people often make bad or stupid decisions (I think i found my new firm motto).

The name-calling and insults are out of control here. Did a guy actually wish for another person to get blown up? Over a debate on bid retractions??? What the hell is going on here?

bobbyw8469 06-23-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

I have had nothing but good experiences with Brent. Years ago, he talked me out of selling my collection, despite the fact that he stood to benefit from it because I was going to consign with him. When I have consigned, the transactions have been flawless. He pays quickly and on time. He responds quickly to his emails. He fronts you money if you ask for it. I honestly like Brent, and have had nothing but positive interactions with him and his company.
Well said. Personally, I like Brent. He has been nothing but kind and considerate to me. I don't know Betsy, but I am sure she is the same. I believe PWCC has gotten so big, it is honestly more than he can handle, and he is attempting to do the best he can. I am sure, at times it is overwhelming. Do I think "stuff" goes on in his auctions? Sure. I believe he tries his best to combat it. Do I think "stuff" goes on with cards (ie - the DiMaggio). Yes. But to throw shade at him, we would have to throw rocks at ourselves them. For that is what we are ALL doing, when we soak cards, send cards to Dick Towle, crack out undergraded cards and resubmit them. Where do you draw the line?

Exhibitman 06-23-2017 10:31 PM

Guys, the word is "douche". Not "deuce", not "deuche", and not any other permutation.

Resume flaming.

Aquarian Sports Cards 06-24-2017 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1673820)
Well said. Personally, I like Brent. He has been nothing but kind and considerate to me. I don't know Betsy, but I am sure she is the same. I believe PWCC has gotten so big, it is honestly more than he can handle, and he is attempting to do the best he can. I am sure, at times it is overwhelming. Do I think "stuff" goes on in his auctions? Sure. I believe he tries his best to combat it. Do I think "stuff" goes on with cards (ie - the DiMaggio). Yes. But to throw shade at him, we would have to throw rocks at ourselves them. For that is what we are ALL doing, when we soak cards, send cards to Dick Towle, crack out undergraded cards and resubmit them. Where do you draw the line?

I've been pretty neutral in this whole thing but to this I have to say

W-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l...

bobbyw8469 06-24-2017 04:44 AM

Just random ramblings Scott...just ignore me.......

Peter_Spaeth 06-24-2017 09:43 AM

How do you equate trying to get a bump on an undergraded card with knowingly selling a card that has been altered without disclosing it?

slipk1068 06-24-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1674165)
How do you equate trying to get a bump on an undergraded card with knowingly selling a card that has been altered without disclosing it?

It's the PWCC minions coming to the rescue. Smoke and mirrors.

1952boyntoncollector 06-24-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 (Post 1674091)
Just random ramblings Scott...just ignore me.......

most if not all do, jk

Jeffrompa 06-25-2017 02:04 PM

How hard is it ?

To put a bidder on the blocked list ? Overwhelming hard ?

Billy5858 06-25-2017 11:11 PM

Pwcc

Speak of the devil. Tons of T206s just went up. Have fun

bnorth 06-26-2017 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy5858 (Post 1674641)
Speak of the devil. Tons of T206s just went up. Have fun

Bid high, bid early, and bid often. Then once you get the bids past your hidden reserve retract, retract, retract.;):rolleyes::D

The one thing I can guarantee is you will never have to bid against me in a PWCC auction.

bnorth 06-26-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1673187)
Holy bid retractions Batman, this is the second worst I have ever seen. http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792

I see Franks employee is up to over 1000 retractions now. They had just over 700 when I originally posted.:eek:

frankbmd 06-26-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 1674668)
I see Franks employee is up to over 1000 retractions now. They had just over 700 when I originally posted.:eek:

The guy never sleeps.

Exhibitman 06-26-2017 12:22 PM

Maybe it's a cyborg. The Retractor. I see a movie franchise...

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibit...terminator.jpg