Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who are the 10 most important collectors in hobby history (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=127329)

Jim VB 09-10-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 (Post 835604)
We would like to see a copy on a 2010 e-mail that specifically threatened us to arrange to kill you- at a specific time and venue

You enjoy attacking because you are far more proficient at bathroom humor
than you are at collecting or researching baseball memorabilia.

Perhaps, you could make better use of your time--like flipping burgers or tacos- minimum wage sounds appropriate for your skills and intelligence

As we have said for several years. each time you fire an arrow we will return the favor with a missile.

1. It was 2009, not 2010. I said you'd been good lately. But I have a long memory on such things.

2. I didn't say it was a death threat. I said it was a death wish. Wishing someone dead is far nicer than threatening them with death. Plus, it's not actionable.

3. I didn't "fire" anything at you, arrow or missile. I didn't attack you. I really try to avoid you. Although I clearly don't like the entire persona you try to create, I find you more pathetic than anything else.

Jim VB 09-10-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabe (Post 835619)
Now if only somebody would do something similar for T-3...

Tabe

The problem with doing it with T3 is that, as beautiful a set as it is, it does not have the wide range of variations that OJ's do.

The book released this year on T206 was a perfect example. It was OK, but didn't really tell you anything else you didn't know. In the OJ book, seemingly every page has you saying, "I've never seen that pose before!"

GoSoxBoSox 09-10-2010 03:49 PM

Brucii

I have never emailed or PM'd Bruce in my life until i responded this nice PM he sent me 2 days ago.

<< START PM >>

"Tom

Wonder if you know anything about the history of the hobby?

We're quite sure our hobby knowledge, education
and collection dwarfs yours.

Sounds to us like you have been breathing too much of that beautiful Jersey air. Perhaps it will shut you and your feeble mind for eternity.

Time for you to head back to work in the sewers."

<< END PM >>

It shows how little he knows about me. It shows even more about him.

teetwoohsix 09-10-2010 04:56 PM

Tom- I think that may have been a "missle" that "they" just fired at you :D
But not to worry, because "they" just closed 20 more deals of the most high grade vintage material known in existance ;)

Clayton

Yankeefan51 09-10-2010 04:56 PM

Every pathetic Tom DICK and HAIRY

Our so called expert forgot to publish his rather awful reply.

Of course, it reflects what a low life "Mr. Cherry Hill Puck" is.
If he wishes to make public comments and respond
publicly,we are happy to accommodate him.

He notes we would be scared to confront him in person.

We often step on roaches walking the streets of upper Manhattan
near Yankee Stadium. They are certainly a higher form
of life than he

If the "Cherry Hill Puck" want to make this into war,
we will spare nothing of course, as long it is legal.

However, it is not fair for the Board Members to watch Tom's sad attempt to
battle against us. Thus we will not ever respond to Tom's PMs again.
We hope that this e-mail is the last in a series of attempts to undermine the thread.

Looks like Old Papa Tom has taken one too many pucks to his tiny brain.

Matthew H 09-10-2010 04:57 PM

Hey Yankeefan, screw the Yankees, eh?

iggyman 09-10-2010 05:22 PM

I'm definitely taking a mulligan on this hole.

Tabe,

Net54 wouldn't be Net54 without the personal attacks. It's in the DNA! Plus, Bruce has brought some of that on himself. But to his credit he has mellowed-out a bit through the years and everybody says he is a nice guy in person..........I always look forward to his post(s). His post sometimes are more offensive then a dead deer thread (not that there is anything wrong with a dead deer thread).

Here are a few old threads referencing the Old Judge book and how to order one. Happy browsing.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...Richard+Masson

Lovely Day...

bh3443 09-10-2010 05:24 PM

Back to the list......

How about Charles Conlon? He was very dedicated to the hobby. I saw him at big shows, small shows, antique shows, flea markets and he was always in the hobby trade papers. What I saw in REA of his collection was very nice and impressive. He was always pleasant and willing to share his hobby knowledge.

I want to thank Bruce for starting this great thread.

GoSoxBoSox 09-10-2010 07:16 PM

Good for you

To refresh your memory I simply asked you to "calm down" in post #33 after you attacked a friend of mine, needlessly, in post #31. Your response was to endlessly go after me. So be it.

It's good to hear you won't be PM'ing me anymore. :) You should save your breathe because it's wasted on me.

This isn't a war Brucii. This is actually boring to myself and others. No matter what dribble you type it won't stop me from going on with my blessed life. I've spent this evening with my beautiful children and wife in our beautiful home just like I spend most evenings. I don't owe a dime to anyone in the world for anything, and I have a pretty darn nice collection despite you thinking otherwise. I just turned 42 so I think it's fair to say I'm not all that old either (my kids disagree).

I only wish everyone could be as lucky as I am, Brucii. Even you.

chris6net 09-10-2010 07:21 PM

Bruce,I know you have taken some personal attacks in this thread but I can remember meeting you at some of the large East Coast Shows over the years and you were very helpful and a wealth of knowledge. You are an asset to this hobby and I look forward to your book.CN

barrysloate 09-11-2010 05:29 AM

Tom- by any chance are you the same Tom Papa who hosts "The Marriage Ref?"

2dueces 09-11-2010 09:29 PM

Tom, The whales and business competion would be devastated if there was less competion for ultra rare cards or being crushed in major deals if there was a family involved instead of just 2 people. Me thinks that the uncut Garders are admired with one hand before bedtime.