Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Leon Luckey Type Card Collection – Bidding Ends on Thursday - August 13, 2015 (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=209950)

Rob D. 08-14-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1442234)
explain double exposure ghosts.....vs cylindrical reverse ghosts on backs....

scrap vs. factory cuts....

WHATS AN OVERPRINT vs. UNDERPRINT ghost??????reverse negative???? brown impression layer......

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:confused::D

Somewhere along the line, you've convinced yourself that I represent myself as an expert on T206 scrap. I haven't. I'm not even all that interested in it. In fact, I've never claimed to be an expert on anything. Just never felt the need.

However, it's doesn't take a genius to figure out that a baseball card that sells for less than $40,000 in Heritage Auctions should not have sold for $100,000. It seems everyone except you can grasp that.

That, and only that, was the basis of my post. But again, I don't expect you to grasp that or acknowledge it.

Edited to add: R0b Dew0lf

mrvster 08-14-2015 07:49 PM

Robert.....

There are a certain "type" of printer's scrap related to the printing of "MEN OF HISTORY " series..... I credit Erick Summers to breaking this scrap code of print correlation...

I will look for scans and the link....:)

nolemmings 08-14-2015 07:50 PM

Mrvster, please put your name on your posts, per forum rules. Typically, I ignore most t206 threads, including yours about scrap, etc., as they don't interest me. But since you continue to blather on with the tone and substance of a sixth grader in a thread that otherwise is of interest to me, I think you should own up to your masterpiece posts with your name. Then please either hit the bottle or put it down, whatever stops your diarrhea of the keyboard.

mrvster 08-14-2015 07:51 PM

Rob....

your an idiot....

I am going to educate people I care about....

caramel card.....great question....

mrvster 08-14-2015 07:52 PM

Todd.....

JOHN VANDERBECK....

btw........I had to let it out......don't care about you either:)

Rob D. 08-14-2015 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1442238)
your an idiot....

I am going to educate people I care about....

caramel card.....great question....

Your

You're.

There, I'm educating a person I care about.

Baby steps. That's a lot for one day.

Edited to add: R0b Dew0lf (trying to educate)

nolemmings 08-14-2015 07:54 PM

Yeah, repeated use of smilies--great touch that never grows old.

mrvster 08-14-2015 07:54 PM

men of history...

maybe Erick can post the link where he "cracked the code".....

btw....Todd....your next;)

Rob D. 08-14-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1442242)
your next

We just covered this.

Edited to add: R0b Dew0lf (trying to educate)

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:00 PM

I great rOB...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

you are pathetic!!!

soooooooooooo LAME!!!

that just made me CRACK up!

you put down scrap and their value ....... AND YOUR CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have no idea what they are:D

dude....currect me spilling Rob D...

Hi lame Todd also....your(HA) did I use this write Rob??? hehehehe six grader that will school you son;)

JOHN VANDERBECK

nolemmings 08-14-2015 08:03 PM

For God's sake man, get a GED.

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:06 PM

Todd.....

HAHAHAHA!!!

typical response ....from another idiot...

this smiles for you , idiot :D

oh.....

her's me name ......... UMMMMM...duhhhhh....ummmmm

JOHN VANDERBECK:D

uniship 08-14-2015 08:07 PM

Awesome thread

Classic exchange.

Peter_Spaeth 08-14-2015 08:07 PM

Vster is not having a good night here but he is a good man. I think he was just mocked one too many times by a guy he was instrumental in getting reinstated.

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:09 PM

I have to appologize for

my hijacking of this thread....

I WANT TO EDUCATE>>>>>>>>>>>>

NOT PUNCUATE!!!!!!!!

did I spell this correct....

OOOOOOOOOHHH WAIT...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

let me hear Rob and Todd.... EDjamacate me

cuz I'm Clueless...

:)

nolemmings 08-14-2015 08:09 PM

and who some (many) think should not have been banned in the first instance.

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:10 PM

Peter...

My Man....

BINGO!!

the voice o' reason has arrived:)

nolemmings 08-14-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

cuz I'm Clueless...
Getting harder to argue with that.

Peter_Spaeth 08-14-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolemmings (Post 1442252)
and who some (many) think should not have been banned in the first instance.

Be that as it may, Johnny's taking the high road was important to Leon.

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:12 PM

Todd.....

you jumped on the bandwagon my friend.....

I COULD care less if you read my threads......your (HAHAHAHA) on my ROB D list...

that list STINKS!!

JOHN VANDERBECK

clydepepper 08-14-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth (Post 1442257)
Be that as it may, Johnny's taking the high road was important to Leon.

+1 - Integrity is always welcome - anything else makes my eyes hurt.

Rob D. 08-14-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvster (Post 1442245)
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

you are pathetic!!!

soooooooooooo LAME!!!

that just made me CRACK up!

you put down scrap and their value ....... AND YOUR CLUELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have no idea what they are:D

dude....currect me spilling Rob D...

Hi lame Todd also....your(HA) did I use this write Rob??? hehehehe six grader that will school you son;)

JOHN VANDERBECK

This is my last attempt, and to be honest, I'm not hopeful. I will underline what I think are the most important points in hope that it helps you out.

1. I have never claimed to be an expert on T206 scrap. I do not have much interest in it.

2. I have not "put down" scrap. I honestly think it's nice that you like it so much.

3. What I have been critical of is your (note: not you're) incessant hyping of the value of T206 scrap with little or no basis to make such claims. The Mathewson proof and multi-strike sold for less than half of what you touted (several times, If I'm not mistaken), and your explanation is because it was sold by Heritage and not REA? Or that not enough whales were involved in the bidding?

If the Mathewson were as coveted and as valuable as you say, every Moby Dick in the hobby would have been bidding. And if it were worth $100,000, it would have sold for $100,000. I'm not the only one in this thread to have that opinion.

4. I understand that you want your collection of T206 scrap to be more valuable than it is. I'm sorry that it's not.

R0B Dew0lf

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:16 PM

Peter.....

is one of THE GREATEST EVER on this board bar none! bar none!

he has schooled me! as many here...... I have learned through education and passion....a true love for the cards.......persecute me if you will Todd and Rob....just drives me more and more to under dog on top!(hate to use the fidy cent) reference??? did I spell that right....

hmmmmmm....I'm going to git' a ged ......then try to read about T206:D

nolemmings 08-14-2015 08:18 PM

I assume you meant to say you could not care less, but your reading comprehension and grasp of decent communication skills is so lacking that it hardly seems worth the trouble trying to correct. I would settle for your taking just a moment or three to stop acting like a buffoon, but it seems that acting has little to do with it.

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:23 PM

Rob....

your ( sp???) or is it you're ....or you are hmmmmmm....wait......trying to spell right.....:confused::D

variables you are ignorant to.....hence your "clueless ness" is this a word???:D

these scrap are inherently tiny tools that have been underappreciated in the set for over a century until they "codes" are broken through expert analysis by guys like Chris and Erick.....we are unlocking mysteries of the set...

all you want to do is focus on the value.....value is what 2 collectors will pay.....

hmmmmmmmmmmm....

one gentleman would've sent either card through the roof with the other whale underneath......directly affects value:D

DUH!

you are clueless.....don't care about you at all, or what you think...

hmmmmmmmm

cuz, uh

YOUR AN IDIOT!

one day when I have the Wagner....you will be the first I show:)

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:25 PM

Todd....

your hmmmmm or is it you are???? an annoying GNAT who is also clueless and has absolutely no CLUE what we are even talking about.....

DUMMY

say something relevant instead of trying to be the six grade teacher....

HA

JOHN VANDERBECK

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:27 PM

Btw....

I can not even fathom how I am lowering myself to a "ROB D" level :confused:

I must be bored

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:39 PM

Rob D.....

BTW.....point....

YOU claim I HYPER inflate the value of scrap T206 through no basis....

if you don't know what they really are , or what they represent, the populations, and their connections....HOW can you make ANY assumptions or EDJAMACATED LOL guesses?????

huh???

YOU CAN"T!

you try to use markers for cards that are true unique examples.....you can't even wrap your tiny mind around it...

HOW CAN YOU even try to understand value and market of scrap WHEN YOU don't EVEN understand the cards??????????

WHO IS CLUELESS???

Todd...

you ARE JUST an IDIOT and have nothing to add to a discussion of scrap...

go somewhere else and try to correct a TERM paper YOu WANNA BE TEACHER LOSER

JOHN VANDERBECK

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:40 PM

O Todd....

did I communicate this right????????

YOU ARE AN IDIOT:D

oldjudge 08-14-2015 08:40 PM

Get this guy back on his meds

calvindog 08-14-2015 08:45 PM

Rob got banned because of Johnny?

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:46 PM

that is....

listening to intelligent input on print process of an iconic set......oj in all due respect....

btw......oj....there is plenty of the vster if you want some also;)

nolemmings 08-14-2015 08:48 PM

Hey Johnny? You think you have the right to commandeer a thread about Leon's entire collection and turn it into another blowhard, indecipherable stream of semi-consciousness about your precious scraps? Fuck you.

I routinely avoid your drivel out of respect for those whose driveways don't go all the way down to the street, but when you continue to pollute a thread like this with your endless gibberish in broken English--often just responding to yourself--then I have no problem calling you out as the tool that you are.

arcadekrazy 08-14-2015 08:48 PM

Well, I was happy to win 5 lots, including 2 that I've coveted for a long while, and put some money in Leon's pockets

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:50 PM

Jeff

Rob didn't get banned because of me....I have held back many times......I'm not holding back anymore!

Rob got banned because of his insults of other members....time I do the dishing out! who ever wants to jump on his side, I don't care at all.....I'm ready to defend myself and what I believe in

JOHN VANDERBECK

Peter_Spaeth 08-14-2015 08:51 PM

Actually, this started when Rob made a snarky post towards Johnny about the prices realized for cards that Johnny had predicted would go much higher, and then called Johnny clueless when he responded. I think that's what set Johnny off, combined with some history.

Probably time for a step back though.

mrvster 08-14-2015 08:53 PM

Todd....

Ha!!

BEAUTIFUL!

you just did it to yourself.....:)

wannabe teacher loser....

who is the tool now????

I told you before I don't want to hijack this thread.....

I think I will start a new thread about DOUCHES of the board such as you lame ass self wana be teacher:)

Peter S is more collector than either of you two idiots could ever be.....he is right on the money!

Bestdj777 08-14-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcadekrazy (Post 1442284)
Well, I was happy to win 5 items, including 2 that I've covered for a long while, and put some money in Leon's pockets

Post some pictures!!!

Unfortunately, I did not get anything from this auction. I'd be a buyer of you decide to sell the quarter Leon. I'd love to have something from your collection to go alongside my other "greats of the hobby" themed mini collection.

nolemmings 08-14-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

I think I will start a new thread about DOUCHES of the board such as you lame ass self wana be teacher
Knock yourself out. No, seriously, knock yourself out.

Kenny Cole 08-14-2015 08:57 PM

Kumbaya, Lord, Kumbaya ....

mrvster 08-14-2015 09:02 PM

Todd....

Please come to AC:D....id like to show you my collection:D

mrvster 08-14-2015 09:06 PM

The AC

national should be very interesting this year:).......

Todd and Rob D I ' d love to see there:D

autograf 08-14-2015 09:30 PM

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qH...s2048-no/a.gif

Luke 08-14-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autograf (Post 1442303)

Lol!

peterose4hof 08-14-2015 10:05 PM

Ugh! I was excited to see that this thread had grown so large, figuring lots of board members were discussing their winnings/losses. Instead it turns out to be one member tooting his own horn / antagonizing people who have only vague interest in engaging him.

Johnny, a suggestion. Start a new thread about the ending prices of the two cards you have such a hard on for and let this thread be.

mrvster 08-14-2015 10:12 PM

Chris....

you must be related to captain obvious:confused:

I wasted enough energy on idiots......obviously captain you joined the team;)

Blunder19 08-14-2015 10:27 PM

a quick note on johnnys values.. he told me years ago to start buying yellow brown scraps at $400-$600 and now they sell at $1700-$2000. he told me to buy ghosts at $2200 and now they sell at $6K-$11K...

does he overvalue these cards sometimes.. yes... but he has been right way more times then he has been wrong. .. and yes i do believe that REA has more action then HA... some people didnt even know HA ended lot by lot.. people could have signed on at 2am EST thinking they would get a bid in on the matty or the brown OM only to see they ended hours earlier..

IMO i think both went at good prices for the buyers.. didnt a brown old mill just sell in the spring REA auction for $24K? that would make this brown old mill with a ghost image of cy young worth more in my opinion.

mrvster 08-14-2015 10:38 PM

Jamie.....

thank you my friend! Jamie is by far a very educated collector in this niche.... if anyone knows me, I only like to see collectors ENJOY! that's the true value! to me:)

it's who I am......

sick of being "talked down to" by condescending COLLECTORS WHO ARE JUST NOT EDUCATED IN WHAT THEY criticize :mad:

This is not a hi jack....Leon prob wants to say to Rob what I am expressing, but I can not speak on anyones behalf but mine.......

mrvster 08-14-2015 10:44 PM

btw....

through education and sharing freely of info between collectors , we have accomplished a lot so far....

these guys I spent time with educating them back in the day , now educate me! I love the reciprocation.....advancement of the print process/rarity knowledge.....

I call on them for advice now;)

glchen 08-14-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blunder19 (Post 1442318)
a quick note on johnnys values.. he told me years ago to start buying yellow brown scraps at $400-$600 and now they sell at $1700-$2000. he told me to buy ghosts at $2200 and now they sell at $6K-$11K...

does he overvalue these cards sometimes.. yes... but he has been right way more times then he has been wrong. .. and yes i do believe that REA has more action then HA... some people didnt even know HA ended lot by lot.. people could have signed on at 2am EST thinking they would get a bid in on the matty or the brown OM only to see they ended hours earlier..

IMO i think both went at good prices for the buyers.. didnt a brown old mill just sell in the spring REA auction for $24K? that would make this brown old mill with a ghost image of cy young worth more in my opinion.

+1, I agree with Jamie. Johnny is more of an expert on t206 scrap than most on this board and I've enjoyed reading and learning from his threads. So he missed on his estimates on these two cards. I don't think the market for scrap is a fad and it's not going away. What I've learned over the years is that t206 is a completely different beast than other sets so you can't compare scrap in this set with other sets. A lot of folks collect different backs and want to add a scrap to complete their "type" collection for t206, and there are a LOT of t206 collectors. To try to cut Johnny down like this is completely childish and flat out wrong.

mrvster 08-14-2015 10:48 PM

Brian W....and Leon....

please forgive me for my expression here..:o...I had to let it out!:o

and everyone else who had to read this mess....but I stand behind what I said....and I don't want to post anymore here in this thread....I have wasted enough time on negative energy.........

UGH!!!

Gary, Bryan and all the rest keep me going in my quest...can not thank guys like you enough

Jobu 08-14-2015 10:51 PM

I don't have much interest in getting in the middle of this, but I wanted to point out that Johnny did not fire the first shot, that was Rob:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showpos...&postcount=112

when, out of the blue, he quoted something Johnny said in a post in April to bust his balls. Judging by his response I would say that Johnny done had enough!

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterose4hof (Post 1442313)
Ugh! I was excited to see that this thread had grown so large, figuring lots of board members were discussing their winnings/losses. Instead it turns out to be one member tooting his own horn / antagonizing people who have only vague interest in engaging him.

Johnny, a suggestion. Start a new thread about the ending prices of the two cards you have such a hard on for and let this thread be.

Sean 08-15-2015 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVSNYC (Post 1441879)
Nice pick-ups.

I was happy to win this card...

Mike, you got that one? Nice going. :)

Jobu 08-15-2015 12:07 AM

Did anyone here win the T215-1 McGraw? I hope that one stayed in the Net54 family.

Sean 08-15-2015 12:08 AM

atx840 08-15-2015 12:13 AM

Jamie nailed it, couldn't have said it better.

The Matty proof more than doubled since 2008 and believe the Young ghost doubled as well. We've seen a T206 error go from 26k to106k in under 4 years. It's possible the next time these come up they will have increased significantly.

Maybe just let him state his predictions, right or wrong and leave it at that.

glynparson 08-15-2015 05:47 AM

Leon

I should have gone for it. I put my card resources in a few other directions and now regret it, but overall you did very well. Congratulations.

Gradedcardman 08-15-2015 07:09 AM

Wins

I was able to snag 2 blank backs, T205 McConnell and the T207 Street. I was the underbidder on the T206 Mullaney as well. Oh well, sometimes chicken sometimes chicken residue !!

wonkaticket 08-15-2015 08:07 AM

Hmmmmm....

Let's put it this way. Johnny has an enormous amount of passion. He has always participated on this board sharing scans and information. He regularly posts and not just to bump or plug his own BST threads. He's the first guy to compliment other collectors on cards or their collections. He takes the time with others to try and further the knowledge of the T206 set and shares what he knows. He actually posts cards from his collection for others to enjoy.

That's a hell of a lot more than the bulk of the members here ever do. So he over estimated a couple of cards. Who cares he's not in the auction business. Heritage had a few higher estimates on a handful of Leon's cards and they fell below estimates...anyone gonna start slapping them around?

With all the scumbags in this hobby, stolen items being offered for sale, blatantly false lot descriptions etc. I would think we as collectors would have better things to police than a passionate collector who tossed a dart at a price and missed.

In reagards to Johnny's emoticons and personality as Warren Zevon said...he's just an excitable boy. :)

Cheers,

John

milkit1 08-15-2015 08:15 AM

Anyone here win the sporting life lot and want to part with the Johnson and Coombs please let me know )

1952boyntoncollector 08-15-2015 08:19 AM

taxes

Man federal income taxes are going to be huge on this sale...

btcarfagno 08-15-2015 08:53 AM

I have my $$ in 10,000 different directions right now or I would have been in on both the Matty and the Young multi strike. Likely would have lost on both but my feeling going in was $30,000 on the Matty and $20,000 on the Young multi strike and sit on them for 3-5 years to double the money.

I am far from the educated T206 expert, so those are just gut feelings. But they are my own. Perhaps this is what they are worth now. No idea.

There are some people who simply do not bid in Heritage auctions for personal reasons. If such people are the ones that Johnny is speaking of, I can see why he believes the cards could have gone for more somewhere else.

Tom C

Brian Weisner 08-15-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wonkaticket (Post 1442395)
Let's put it this way. Johnny has an enormous amount of passion. He has always participated on this board sharing scans and information. He regularly posts and not just to bump or plug his own BST threads. He's the first guy to compliment other collectors on cards or their collections. He takes the time with others to try and further the knowledge of the T206 set and shares what he knows. He actually posts cards from his collection for others to enjoy.

That's a hell of a lot more than the bulk of the members here ever do. So he over estimated a couple of cards. Who cares he's not in the auction business. Heritage had a few higher estimates on a handful of Leon's cards and they fell below estimates...anyone gonna start slapping them around?

With all the scumbags in this hobby, stolen items being offered for sale, blatantly false lot descriptions etc. I would think we as collectors would have better things to police than a passionate collector who tossed a dart at a price and missed.

In reagards to Johnny's emoticons and personality as Warren Zevon said...he's just an excitable boy. :)

Cheers,

John

+1
Thanks John, anyone who has ever talked with Johnny knows how passionate he is about collecting T206's, especially scrap. It's not an act, that's just Johnny.
It's not about money for him, he truly loves the cards, sometimes maybe too much...;)
Be well Brian

pencil1974 08-15-2015 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not take aways from the big t206 scrap fight but on a side note I picked these two premiums up...

arcadekrazy 08-15-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pencil1974 (Post 1442437)
Not take aways from the big t206 scrap fight but on a side note I picked these two premiums up...

Nice! I had my eye on those too. Held my powder for other things in the auction. Sharp looking premiums. I really dig the Gehrig.

Gradedcardman 08-15-2015 09:54 AM

Absolutely

Johnny is passionate and emotional about his cards and everyone else's cards. Enjoy the enthusiasm as it is far from the norm and rarely seen here. I speak with him on many T206 questions and he has helped me gain an understanding of scrap. I do ask his opinion on pricing but I know its simply just an opinion. We compared notes on the 2 cards in question and each had our opinion. No harm no foul just an opinion.

Thanks Johnny for the help in my learning about scrap and its value.

Quote:

Cheers,

John

pencil1974 08-15-2015 10:48 AM

Its funny I just wanted the Ruth.

vintagebaseballcardguy 08-15-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Cheers,

John

Johnny has sunk a lot of time into coaching me on the finer points of all things T206. He has pointed out resources I can go to so that I can educate myself. In addition, he has shared scans of many items from his own collection. I can't even begin to tell you what an incredible resource he is, and how much he has gone out of his way to just help another collector. If I had had someone like him when I first started collecting postwar cards years ago, I wouldn't have made all the mistakes that I made. Is he passionate? Yes! And in a world of collecting that has simply become all about profit and bottom line, I can appreciate that passion. The fact that an advanced collector like Johnny takes the time to fool with a T206 newbie like me speaks volumes, and I won't forget it.

Exhibitman 08-15-2015 02:57 PM

Agree w/John re Johnny. If I had a buck for every wrong SWAG I've made I'd not be working.

Brad, I don't know what those premiums are but they are brilliant.

pencil1974 08-15-2015 03:13 PM

Thanks Adam!

Eric72 08-15-2015 03:18 PM

List me as another supporter of Johnny V. I wish more people in this hobby had his unbridled enthusiasm for (and willingness to share knowledge about) the cardboard treasures we collect.

Best regards,

Eric

mrvster 08-15-2015 08:31 PM

Just....

wanted to thank the board members who responded on behalf of me.......this is why I collect what I do and LOVE IT!

I was swearing to myself not to post in this thread anymore, but seeing these kind posts I had to respond.....

the members who kindly posted above deserve the right to know, that I would quit collecting if it were not for them.....:)......this is the truth....

I need not let the negativity bring me down......my love for the cardboard, and more importantly, the friends and fine board members I have had the absolute pleasure of meeting and knowing, deserve so much more !!!!!!!:)

I speak from the heart as everyone knows.......

I would like to take the high road and apologize for some negative comments I made towards the board members here last night.....no matter how ignorant we all behaved, it was no reason for me to feed into it.....and display that

I would like to apologize for de- railing the op thread and had no intentions of that....

I can not apologize for my passion...........

life is short......people matter, not card board.......

I extend my offer still with the best intentions, Rob and Todd, come to the national in AC 2016....I really would like you to see why I am so passionate about my collection....education is the key to closing the gap....

tolerance of each other and respect should always come first....

last should be the taunting of each other ......

LEON 'S auction .......

GREAT PICK UPS EVERYONE:D

congrats to all the winners.......

and, thank you again to all the AWESOME members who took the time to post such kind things about me.....just reinforced what I enjoy to do!

joeadcock 08-15-2015 08:41 PM

Johnny well said.
Your statement goes with this:"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself"
Philippians 2:3
In this collecting world, as I've gotten older, tire of seeing the back and forth attacks.

yanksfan09 08-15-2015 08:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I for one, accept the apology and hope everyone can move on and keep this thread going positively.... It's just cards! We're supposed to be passionate about them, but it is just cards...

Since I heard Leon was auctioning off collection I'd been saving and waiting in hopes of landing the D381 Wags. However a 17k upgrade wasn't really in the cards for me so to speak...Congrats to whoever got it.

I had to "settle" on adding these beauties and really couldn't be happier....

The bidding got pretty intense on the "Headin Home" but I just couldn't let the opportunity to own one of these crazy rare early Ruth's slip by. I thought this one might be the best image of them too, although the horizontal one (that Graig Kreindler just painted btw) was incredible too. All the "headin home's" are, obviously.... The Oxford has been very high up on my want list for years too. Really ecstatic to add these into the heart of my Ruth collection!

My pickups that I'm eagerly awaiting...

joeadcock 08-15-2015 08:46 PM

Nice pickups Erik. Always loved the oxford

HRBAKER 08-15-2015 08:48 PM

Erick those are beauties! Well done.

yanksfan09 08-15-2015 08:54 PM

Thanks guys. Yea, the Oxford is a great looking card.

jefferyepayne 08-15-2015 09:11 PM

Anxiously waiting to see who picked up the Jim Thorpe card. Anyone on here get it?

jeff

DixieBaseball 08-15-2015 09:43 PM

Luckey Win

1 Attachment(s)
Happy to have this mellow yellow Thebo to my OB Series 3 set!

David R 08-15-2015 11:00 PM

Johnny

I too appreciate Johnny's passion and honesty. And it's nice to see him come on here today and admit that he should not have been so negative the last few days. As someone who got into collecting vintage because of scrap - my Dad gave me a pile of t206s ten years ago that included all the Lash's Bitters cards (neither of us knew what they were) - I share Johnny's passion for t206 oddities. I think his heart is really in the right place.

Now if he would just sell or trade me his blank back t206 hall of famer so I can complete my t206 HOF back set I would really like him :)

And as for Leon's collection, I was sad to see him sell it but also happy to see all the wonderful cards he accumulated. Leon, I hope you're happy with the results of the auction and I hope your cards bring a lot of joy to all those who were fortunate enough to win them.